[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Germans and Dutch get so offended when you make the observation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

Why do Germans and Dutch get so offended when you make the observation that their languages are identical?

Good day!
>German: Guten Tag!
>Dutch: Goedendag!

Follow me!
>German: Folge mir!
>Dutch: Volg mij!

That's a dog.
>German: Das ist ein Hund.
>Dutch: Dat is een hond.

The basement is where I store things.
>German: Der Keller ist wo ich Dinge speichern.
>Dutch: De kelder is waar ik dingen op te slaan.

Penis tastes good.
>German: Penis schmeckt gut.
>Dutch: Penis smaakt goed.

Like, for fuck's sake, they're called Deutsch and Dutch.
>>
File: 1484934993447.jpg (144KB, 618x597px)
1484934993447.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
Why are americans still allowed to open threads. Its painfull.
>>
>>72897378
WHY DO GERMANS CACA IN COLA
>>
Deutsch and Dutch both mean 'language of the people'. Dutch translates to Diets in our language It's no coincedence that 'diet' is also another word for legislature
>>
>>72897319
because ww2 n shiet
>>
You can do this for any language you cocksucking mongoloid
>>
>>72897319
>>Dutch: De kelder is waar ik dingen op te slaan.

That's wrong though, it's:

>De kelder is waar ik dingen op sla
>>
File: Deutsche_Dialekte.png (144KB, 1653x1323px) Image search: [Google]
Deutsche_Dialekte.png
144KB, 1653x1323px
Anyone does? We have a thing called "dialect continuum", which means transitional dialects all the way from Amsterdam to Vienna. If it weren't for its insular location, English would be part of it too, but it split off ~1600 years ago
>>
>>72897319
Deutsch(German people) Dutch(Dutch Peopl)

They're the same people
>>
>>72897319
Not really we just don't like it when someone mistakes our language as German implying we are Germans.
Nobody denies our languages are much alike
>>
>>72897319
I like dutch, they sound cute :3
>>
>>72897627
Maybe Western Germans are the same, but Prussians and other Eastern Germans have a significant amount of Slavic blood and Bavarians

Not even all Dutch people are alike. Dutchies north of the Rhine are very Germanic, south of the Rhine we have Gallo-Roman admixture
>>
Reminder that Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Austria are the same country
>>
>>72897741
>south of the Rhine
Literally Africa
>>
File: 1490733868238.jpg (124KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1490733868238.jpg
124KB, 400x533px
>>72897319
>languages are identical
>identical

Maybe look up the definition for "identical"?
It's really painful
>>
>>72897627
>you can get beaten up for saying that in swampland
>>
>>72897486
That's still wrong though. Opsla is one word.
>>
>>72897751
>Switzerland
if only
>>
>>72897775
Lolno, Flanders and Brabant are rich just like Zeeland and Holland. The coastal areas of the Low Countries have always been the richest parts. The niggers live in the east and the far north
>>
>>72897880
Not really. Utrecht is the richest part.
>>
>>72897897
Nah everybody knows it's Knokke-Heist
>>
>>72897880
West + Utrecht is the richest part, north + east have highest school results and whitest people.
South produces our mouthbreathing bydlo. They're not even white. Literally all of them either have dark eyes and/or hair.

I had a job training from a guy from Eindhoven and I still can't figure out whether he was Brabants or Turks.
>>
>>72897802
Dutch are so effeminate that they become hysterical when you ennounce obvious fact
>>
>>72897799
Spelling and pronunciation. Same with the Scots """"""""language""""""""". Just because they say "git doon" instead of "get down" they call it a different language.
>>
>>72898070
The German grammar is different though. They have cases whereas whe got rid of them since the middle ages
>>
>Norwegian: God dag!
>Icelandic: Góðan dag!
>English: Good day!

>German: Folge mir!
>Dutch: Volg mij!
>Norwegian: Fölg meg!
>Icelandic: Fylgdu mér!
>English: Follow me!

>German: Das ist ein Hund.
>Dutch: Dat is een hond.
>Norwegian: Det er en hund.
>Icelandic: það er hundur.
>English: That is a dog.

>Germanic/(semi-germanic) languages have similarities
Who would have thought?
>>
>>72898070
Dutch and English kind of resemble each other as well. Although English allowed themselves to be cucked. Take for example:

Spelling en uitspraak.
Spelling an(d) outspoke.

If you know both languages it seems obvious, but if you only know one it's incomprehensible.
>>
>>72897319
It reminds me of Occitan and French

They're basically the same language gramatically wise, but since the pronunciation is more "latin" t

They're somethow their own "language"
>>
>>72898168
in english you might take hound as equivalent
>>
>>72897319
>The basement is where I store things.
that's more of an Austrian thing than German
>>
>>72898430
Austrian and Belgian. They both store children and their basements, while the Germans and Dutch people get blamed.
>>
>>72897319
You're cherrypicking.
Might as well say Dutch is the same as English.

>Hello, my name is John
>Hallo, mijn naam is John

>Who is that?
>Wie is dat?

>My anus burns from the anal sex
>Mijn anus brandt van de anale sex
>>
>>72898490
seks*
>>
>>72898490
It's even complicated words which similar or basically the same and easy to read for me. I just know these, because I had a dutch gf.

belangslos - irrelevant
angebracht - appropriate
angesehen - considered
bezeichnen - describe
Dummheit, Doofheit - stupidity
>>
>>72898670
We actually have the German and English version of a lot of those. Sometimes also a French and Dutch one.

Irrelevant
beschrijf - describe (note schrijf and scribe)
stupiditeit
>>
goodendag :--DDD
>>
>>72898798
Sometimes I find words we use "reused" in your language that makes totally sense but simply isnt done here which is funny.
Like...
Schnell-fast
Geschwindigkeit-velocity
And you vome with
Schnellheit-Geschwindigkeit
>>
>>72898975
Schade is Dutch for damage.
>>
>>72898798
we also use irrelevant. I just wanted to show that it's a very similar compound word system

beschreiben, be - schreiben, be - schrijf
angebracht, an - ge - bracht, aan - ge - bracht, comees from bringen, brengen
Anleitung, An - leitung, an - leiding
>>
>>72899037
ung = ing
keit = heid
>>
>>72898975
Und Schnelligkeit? x---D
>>
>>72897319
>Dutch
>Language
Pick one
>>
File: 1490574429953.jpg (55KB, 585x560px) Image search: [Google]
1490574429953.jpg
55KB, 585x560px
>>72899445
>>
>>72897319
Do we? It's commonly-known that Dutch is the closest language to German there is (excluding meme languages such as Luxembourgish, Low German or Cimbrian).
>>
>>72897319
>I have two sides
>Twisted fucking psychopath
>The nicest person you'll ever meet
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.