[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't African-Americans attempt to address the problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

Why don't African-Americans attempt to address the problem that exists within their own community regarding the murder of fellow African-Americans?

93% of blacks are murdered by other blacks, yet this seems to be constantly overlooked by the BLM campaigners.

How can they successfully convince the world that black lives matter when blacks themselves don't seem to think they matter?
>>
Fuck you /int/
>>
>>72749952
They do. It's just doesn't make a good story on the news. They have actually been trying really hard, it's just difficult and the rest of the union doesn't really care enough, except when they want to use it as a cudgel against blacks when they want to gain political points with the right.

One example that I know of and will repeat until the end of time, because fuck Portland.

>Portland blacks are tired of crack dealers and gang violence
>Exacerbated because infrastructure is shit and there is no lighting at night
>Dangerous as fuck
>Push the city for better lighting, especially at bus stops to make the community feel safer and discourage drug dealing.
>No answers from the city
>Push harder. The black community REALLY doesn't want gangbangers around.
>The city hears them
>Considers it
>Proceeds to spend their entire budget on a series of bike paths and lanes for hipsters
>Blacks keep getting stabbed and flooded with crack because the city thought white faggot hipsters and their fixed gear bicycles were more important.
>Fuck Portland
>>
>>72749952
WE DIN DU! NUFFIN!
>>
>>72751600
No point dude, people think the Million Man March or hundreds of task forces, neighborhood groups and NFP don't exist tackling this very thing

At this point a simple Google search could answer it for them
>>
>>72749952
Niggers are dumb
>>
American blacks are a special kind of retarded.

I mean blacks in general aren't usually very smart but American blacks take it to a whole other level
>>
>>72751600
>>72752909
hello nigger
>>
>>72753780
they literally answered your question
>>
>>72749952
They aren't looking for solutions. They are looking for someone to blame. Also follow the money, none of these movements are funded by Africans, theyre all funded and managed by Jews. Jews who do this specially to create wedge issues, not solve problems.
>>
>>72753887
I've found that blacks try to place the blame on anyone else except themselves
>>
They just need handout from whitey
>>
black lives matter is centred around police brutality, not black on black violence
to ask why blm doesn't campaign against black on black violence is the same as asking why komen doesn't campaign for lung cancer awareness
there are plenty of organisations that do campaign against violence in black communities, however most of these are on a local scale because every community faces different problems
another thing is that black on black violence isn't actually literal hate crimes against black people. it's black people killing other people who happen to also be black. it's hard to stop violence in poverty ridden areas
another thing to note is that blm is hardly an actual organisation, it's just a hashtag
also, and perhaps one of the most annoying things i notice on these types of posts, is that we don't all fucking live in special black people neighbourhoods. black on black violence isn't an issue in my community, i don't even live in a mostly black community
and plenty of black communities aren't even fucking ghettoes
>>
>>72753875
My question??
>>
>>72751600
>>72752909
Thanks for honest answers.
>>
>>72754185
or the op's question
>>
>>72754182
>to ask why blm doesn't campaign against black on black violence is the same as asking why komen doesn't campaign for lung cancer awareness

So much retardedness
>>
>>72754239
why?
blm is literally based on fighting against police brutality. that's what it's about
there are other groups that fight the other shit (black on black violence is normally fought against at a local level), blm is based on police brutality
>>
BLM is literally a racist movement
>>
black lives matter isn't even a fucking organisation, it's a hashtag and a saying, that's it
it doesn't have any universal laws, hence why some people think it means only black lives matter and use it to fight for black superiority, while others use it to fight for equality, because there's no actual definition to the phrase "black lives matter"
hence why clowns like rachel dolezal are shunned by plenty of black people who support the phrase "black lives matter". because it means something different to them
>>
>>72754335
see >>72754407
blm doesn't have actual goals or anything, it's just a saying that people have turned into a different movements, but it means something different everywhere
it's not a racist movement because it literally isn't a movement
you will see some people supporting the phrase black lives matter who hate white people, some who believe in equality for all
blm doesn't have a definition, so people can make up there own, hence why you hear about some chapters doing some fuck shit and some chapters doing normal shit, because those chapters aren't related in any way
it's not like the boy scouts or something where they all follow the same handbook, it's literally a completely different thing everywhere
>>
>>72754407
>>72754525
Speaking of this. I want this whole thread to know.

There were thousands of BLM marches across every city in the US. The vast majority did not end up like Milwaukee or Ferguson.
>>
File: 1375048323363.gif (2MB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
1375048323363.gif
2MB, 400x350px
>>72749952
A lot of the black communities are so far gone most of the people living there wouldn't even know how to truly solve their own problems. They're a tad too busy just keeping shit together in their own house this week. It's not surprising the people shouting "black lives matter" are unable to actually diagnose the things that are ACTUALLY effecting black lives the most. They know what the news has shown them (aka, a lot of race baiting bullshit.)

In a lot of areas the black family, you know -- with a father and mother, is more rare than diamonds. Kids are raised in hellish and crazy conditions and thus fail to produce a stable family for the next generation when it's their turn (keep in mind, they're not failing to produce a next generation, they're just not producing the stability to raise it in. Actually getting pregnant and having kids can be a path to welfare living, which is one of the easiest and most viable forms of choosing to live for black women in these communities. White liberals have chosen to replace the black man as father with the state. The government is now the father of black children. And the government is a very shitty father.) Without an honest plan to break this cycle of children raised in broken homes and told by their peers from their first days in school that they have no future.. they're just going to keep getting worse and worse.
>>
>>72754525
Imean, I suppose you could generalize and say that blm is against the devaluation of black lives in general, but that's just the basic premise...where people take that road is up to them. The fact that the English have a clearer view of this than most Americans I know is just a god damn shame.
>>
>>72754407
>black lives matter isn't even a fucking organisation, it's a hashtag and a saying, that's it
So where is the money going?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/16/black-lives-matter-cashes-100-million-liberal-foun/
>>
>>72749952
would race mix with
>>
Black culture at its core encourages laziness and anti-intellectualism.
>>
>>72754827
The government isn't necessarily a shifty father though...it chooses to be. For instance, since schools are funded by property taxes, shitty neighborhoods=shitty schools, thus making it that much harder to get out of that cycle.
>>
>>72749952

professional victims

they need to maintain the narrative that whites are wiping them out via police brutality, that they are held back by racism, the so called legacy of slavery
>>
>>72754827
>Without an honest plan to break this cycle of children raised in broken homes and told by their peers from their first days in school that they have no future.. they're just going to keep getting worse and worse.
I said almost exactly this in a relevant thread on Reddit and was immediately banned, my comment was deleted, and the moderator had a load off at me for "concern trolling" and linked me to a site that presented scientific evidence that showed black people are not genetically inferior to white people.

The first thing people have to do to even begin addressing these issues is burst this incredible "progressive" bubble in which only the "racist whitey" narrative is allowed to be heard.
>>
File: 1388157419601.png (437KB, 453x695px) Image search: [Google]
1388157419601.png
437KB, 453x695px
>>72755094
>The government isn't necessarily a shifty father though
The government will never, ever be a good stand-in for an actual parent. Period.
>>
>>72755064
Ah...yes, more white people that know 0 blacks opining on black culture.there are lazy anti intellectuals everywhere...try visiting your local white trash area sometime.
>>
>>72749952
>93% of blacks are murdered
Wew. At this rate they'll dindu their way into extinction.
>>
>>72755306
Sasuga hong kong
>>
File: eg675.jpg (88KB, 485x363px) Image search: [Google]
eg675.jpg
88KB, 485x363px
>>72755261
>>
File: 1481783436141.png (30KB, 705x520px) Image search: [Google]
1481783436141.png
30KB, 705x520px
>>72755224
even 4chang is a better place for sincere discussion than plebbit
>>
>>72755253
Imean, it really depends on the parent, but I generally agree. What I mean to say is, I see the purpose of domestic government as being the assurance of equal opportunity...that is, where you come from shouldn't be the main factor in where you end up going. As it is now, the correlation between the two is so strong as to constitute a fairly rigid class system. Something like better schools or a head start programs, etc, etc, can go a ways to help black youth be less fucked from birth.
>>
>Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an international activist movement, originating in the African-American community, that campaigns against violence and systemic racism toward black people. BLM regularly holds protests against police killings of black people and broader issues of racial profiling, police brutality, and racial inequality in the United States criminal justice system.

Why is /int/ full of lying twats?
>>
File: figure2.gif (14KB, 320x322px) Image search: [Google]
figure2.gif
14KB, 320x322px
>>72755552
Yeah but here's the thing.

Location A in the USA may have a better school system.

Location B in the USA may have a worse school system.

But while kids in location A are better off, is it because of the better school system, or does it also happen because location A is full of stable families and location B isn't? A community full of unstable and non-families simply produce BOTH kids that are worse off and a school system that is worse off. The primary factor is still the home the child is raised in. A good family in bad school system will produce better children than a bad family in a good school system.

At the end of the day we know from empirical evidence that between location A and B, they'll both do worse than a home-schooled child in a stable home and completely ignoring their school system. Parents and the home are always primary.
>>
>>72755261
>no argument
>falls back on whataboutism

:^)
>>
>>72755933
how? that proved my point (>>72754182 and >>72754294) that blm is about police brutality/systematic racism and not black on black violence

then read later on into the "loose structuring" bit and it speaks my other point about blm not being a full on movement that follows the same guidelines everywhere (>>72754525 and >>72754407)

>The phrase "Black Lives Matter" can refer to a Twitter hashtag, a slogan, a social movement, or a loose confederation of groups advocating for racial justice. As a movement, Black Lives Matter is decentralized, and leaders have emphasized the importance of local organizing over national leadership

yes it has guiding principles but they're very broad
>>
>>72756502
I was even that guy, but now you've pointed out your pots you highlighted yourself as a bit clueless when you're saying they're about one thing and they actually say otherwise.
>>
>>72756766
*wasn't even that guy
>>
>>72751600
this doesn't fit my view of black people so it's wrong
>>
>>72756766
okay, you're right, maybe i wasn't broad enough when describing what they're about

but it doesn't damage my point that blm is NOT about black on black violence, which was the whole point of this thread in the first place

it's about perceived acts of injustice against black people by the system. police brutality being the main one
>>
>>72756893
>which was the whole point of this thread in the first place
OP here. You clearly have no fucking clue what this thread was about. Try reading it again.
>>
>>72757034
>murder of fellow African-Americans
>93% of blacks are murdered by other blacks, yet this seems to be constantly overlooked by the BLM campaigners

if this thread isn't about blm "overlooking" black on black violence then maybe you should word your posts a bit better because that's what it sounds like
>>
>>72757135
Or maybe you should try improving your reading comprehension, you fucking thick nigger
>>
so why are #blm overlooking it? why are they simply concentrating on what is a meagre issue within their community when there is evidently a bigger problem at hand?

maybe someone can answer that?
>>
>>72757182
what are you asking about then?
>>
>>72757241
BLM does contribute
If a community doesn't trust the police, then they're more likely to break the law as they don't respect it or its enforcers. Solving the issue of trust between the community and the police would help massively.
>>
>>72749952
>implying white devils dont put them into ghetto and encourage them to kill each other.
>>
>>72749952
>93% of blacks are murdered by other blacks, yet this seems to be constantly overlooked by the BLM campaigners.

Yet you overlook that the White man mixed into the negro race which is why we are so violent today. The Negro si a peaceful creature but does poorly under White governance. The only solution is for the negro to separate from the uited States and other U.N. countries. The other races hates the negro it's best that he goes into total segregation.
>>
>>72757241
There are plenty of local organisations that are already doing that. Schools and churches and shit do plenty of things to keep kids off the streets.
But gang culture is very hard to get rid of, and it's gonna take time. Poverty and violence go hand in hand. But look at places like Compton. Still very dangerous, but nowhere near what it was like 20-30 years ago.
>>
>>72751600
Write about the time that Pinellas County School Board resegregated then lied to it's poor black students with promises that even if they were resegregated they'd get increased money, staff and resources.
>>
Niggers are pathetic
Thank God most of them don't go to Germany
Niggers are considered subhuman where I come from (Dagestan)
>>
It's not that simple.

It seems every time black Americans try to revolutionize or bring about serious changes for the community, someone or something gets in the way.

A while back some black activists were trying to make a black economic zone in Detroit to encourage economic development for blacks. However, non-blacks in the area protested against it since they considered it "racist". Kind of ironic considering no one has an issue with other ethnic enclaves in America. It seems only when black Americans try to do these things, people feel threatened.

Same thing with what's been happening recently with Black Lives Matter, the black Panthers in the 70s, and MLK being assassinated.
>>
>>72751600

WEW thank you based anon. Perfect response. I've been getting tired of typing out similar responses over the years but people refuse to think or learn otherwise.

The federal and local governments are deeply responsible for the states of black neighborhoods as well. They literally imported drugs and destroyed progressive black neighborhoods, and turned white Americans against their black neighbors, and (as you've already pointed out) they deny basic services to black areas as well.
>>
File: 1468289168619.jpg (6KB, 204x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468289168619.jpg
6KB, 204x200px
>>72757634
>The Negro si a peaceful creature
>>
>>72758158
White liberals need to hold their position as saviors of the black community, they can't let blacks solve the problem themselves.

And truly they don't want it solved, because then they might lose their democrat voting block.
>>
>>72749952

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WjGX077ns4

Listen to this.
>>
>>72758496
(C)rap. no thanks
>>
>>72758549
>Update

Read the lyrics then.
>>
>>72758643
BIX NOOD
BIX NOOD
NIGGA NIGGA
LAMBO
>>
>>72751600
/thread
spbp
>>
>>72755975
You're missing my pointless higher property values=higher property taxes=more money for schools. Unstable and non families are much more likely to live in areas with low property values and thus poor schools. You're probably right that someone in a poor, but stable two parent home has a better chance than someone in a wealthier but less stable situation...though maybe not...better off parents can afford therapy and tutors...but I'm saying that instability often correlates with poverty, so if you're living in a district with a poor tax base you're more likely to to have a suboptimal home life as well
>>
>>72749952
Because the blacks capable of giving a damn have already moved out of those neighbourhoods and are doing fine.
>>
>>72756000
Lemme rephrase. Poor whites are just as lazy and anti intellectual as poor blacks...those traits correlate to poverty, not race.
>>
>>72761038
tired of typing:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s11oYf4dyamp

Also, I'm about to head out, so if you reply I don't know if I'll get back home before the thread dies.
>>
File: lianne.jpg (169KB, 703x1024px) Image search: [Google]
lianne.jpg
169KB, 703x1024px
>>
>>72761821
Aha I see where you're coming from. We are in agreement that stability is the best thing for a child. I wasnt so much denying that as saying that being better off financially better enables one to mitigate the damage done by instability, should that be the case. What's more, I have no issue with homeschooling...you're dead on there. The problem is, the type of parents who give enough of a fuck to want to home school their kids are, if they're poor, the same type of parents who are working til they drop and/or going to school to better themselves and provide. If you're already broke, working from home or stay at home parenting isn't often feasable. I still you think you have the poverty thing backwards though. You live in the hood. It's shitty. You work, get an education, and make something out of yourself. At that point, you don't stay in the hood...you get the fuck out quick, fast, and in a hurry. So it's not a matter of people adopting values and practices to improve those neighborhoods...the people who do adopt those values and practices get out, leaving behind those who can't or won't. You certainly can't blame those with the means to do so for wanting to get out of the ghetto. So the situation doesn't improve, schools don't get better, and the game starts again for the children of those who couldn't or wouldn't get out. The kind of sea change where a whole (or critical mass of) community decide to get their shit togeher, just doesn't happen.
>>
>>72765488
why?
>>
>>72767536
lol
>>
File: 1378699976996.jpg (189KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1378699976996.jpg
189KB, 600x450px
>>72763356
I'm back from grabbing groceries.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RX9115Q24E

I'm done typing for the day.
>>
Bumpnfornresponse
>>
>>72768430
And what of single mothers who are actively working to better themselves. Granted, I'm biased here. I was born to a 16 year old single mom, and she did get help from the state. But she also worked her ass off, went to college, and got her masters degree, which story matches quite a few other women i know (yes, it's anecdotal, but then, so is the notion of women having babies specifically for the purposes of welfare), so I grant that I'm perhaps too close to the issue to look at it objectively. But I will say, throwing someone out on their ass because of an unplanned pregnancy, circumstances be damned, seems...unreasonable. say you were to donthat...you won't help most of these people, you'll just further entrench an underclass. Those that are inclined to help themselves will be denied sometimes vital assistance, and those who aren't will just resort to criminality. You'd actually be exacerbating the drag on society. Imean, I hear the whole 'having kids to get welfare' thing, but I don't think it's planned like that. People fuck, pregnancy results (Iirc the vast majority of pregnancies everywhere are unplanned), and the state benefits are, for lack of a better term, a bonus. I don't have particular patience for those who abuse that system, but it's counterproductive to lump them in with those who, to borrow a cliche, are looking for a hand up, not a handout. The trick is being able to distinguish the two, but then you run into the problem of their kids. You'd be fucking them over wihpth their parents, leading to yet another generation of violent and criminal youth, who will be tomorrow's irresponsible parents. That's why I keep going on about shit like schools and safer streets. If the parents are beyond saving, you can try to make sure their kids have better chances. public programs that benefit children and youth may slow the perpetuation of the problem. Tl;Dr: fuck them, let them fend for themselves may be emotionally satisfying 1/2
>>
>>72768430
2/2
But it does fuck all to actually address anything, and wouldnine fact make the problem worse.
>>
File: 1481596259904.jpg (26KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1481596259904.jpg
26KB, 500x366px
>>72771858
>>72771903
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0pv5EfvAmwe

g'night
>>
bump'd
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.