[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old you were when you realized that American dream is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: america home.jpg (86KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
america home.jpg
86KB, 800x532px
How old you were when you realized that American dream is the truth and a way of life to strive for?

>finland
>16
>>
>>72683743
so... yesterday?
>>
Fuck off we're full
>>
File: raipe.png (20KB, 270x282px) Image search: [Google]
raipe.png
20KB, 270x282px
>>72683775
>>
What is the Finnish Dream?
>>
>>72683813
Sitting nude in a sauna with other men and brandishing a loaded 12-gauge in case the Russians come.
>>
>>72683813
Getting free Internet and vodka from the government.
>>
>>72683743
The American Dreamâ„¢ is nice, but you have to pay for it.
>>
>>72683813
>study
>realize that you hate people and give up studies
>drink alcohol
>commit sudoku
>wake up and repeat
>>
>>72683813
Not waking up.
>>
File: cat_defense.png (204KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
cat_defense.png
204KB, 499x498px
>>72683813
Lake, beer, cottage, sausages, permanent summer - only interrupted by a short winter every 5-10 years when you get to slaughter hundreds of thousands of Russians
>>
>>72683743
american dream is when kids live better then their parents

so its kinda dead (since the 80s)
>>
>>72683890
You have to work hard to achieve anything that you desire.
>>
>>72684048
If only the American governement was able to provide an environment in which anyone could be successful off hard work alone. Unfortunately there is too large a divide between different socioeconomic groups to consider the American dream a reality.
>>
>>72684024
its still alive, but only for the kids going into STEM

very good wages for STEM in america tbqh
>>
>>72684350
Yeah, you need to make good choices too, and need to be instilled with the habits and knowledge to succeed. The government won't give you these things, and actively makes personal success more difficult.
>>
>>72684048
>>72684350
technically everyone can be a president or first man in space, only problem is that the chance is literally zero for the average joe

obviosly americans are too stupid to realise this
>>
>>72684411
american dream is for meant to be for everyone (middle class at least)

STEM a shit
>>
>>72684474
Nature doesn't breed equality, that's Darwinism 101.
>>
File: IMG_0208.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0208.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>72683743
Guys. I'm drunk and an a fag right now. But I just got accepted to a very good Physics program as a transfer student, I have 1.5 years to go after the summer and then I can have that life. I can. I will have the income, move to the Midwest. My wife has her Masters in Management or someshit so she makes a lot of $$, about $90,000 a year. So when I get my job, starting salary will be $65,000+ with my lab experience. Herego, $155,000 for two people, also she owns property and we cold t like $658 a month from that.

I'm doing it! I'm fucking doing it...
>>
>>72684525
>darwinism

kek, thats like referering Karl Marx
>>
>>72684506
anyone can go into STEM, we have loads of open STEM positions right now and project even more in the next 10 years
>>
>>72684609
A lot of people on here struggle to find their feet, it's refreshing to see someone turning into a success. Don't take it for granted, best of luck.
>>
>>72684640
anyone can but not anyone should

lol
>>
>>72684411
Basically this. I am doing much better than my parents when they started out, and my first year out of college I am making more than my mom who is an engineer with her master's degree.

>>72684474
Obama was raised largely by a middle class single mother, plenty of presidents have been born in log cabins or came from middle class backgrounds. The idea is that if you make the right choices, regardless of your background, your children will have more opportunities than you had. It is more difficult than before, but the opportunities still exist.

>>72684609
I need a suitable wife.
>>
>>72684684
Thank you man. It's been hard fought.
>>
>>72684685
for every major stem job, (engineer, surgeon, manager at tech/internet company) there are a lot more technicians, nurses, and code monkeys that do the work that an average person can and get paid well for it (generally 60-80k mid career).

Our own government has already estimated that we could have near-full employment if jobless people learned low-level STEM skills (which is easy to do, 1-2 years of schooling and often subsidized/payed for by employer)

if people stopped falling for the humanities meme we would see a massive increase in overall productivity/gdp in our nation.

American dream is still very much alive, but its only open to those who are willing to put in a bit of effort, like it always has been
>>
American dream in 3 ez steps

1. Learn basic coding in a few languages over the course of a year in your free time, almost anyone can manage this if they are motivated
2. Pick and choose which industry you want to work for since almost every industry in America right now needs more people who know how to code (estimated 80% of programming positions in America are unfilled/filled by barely qualified person or visa)
3. Make good money

considering programming is only expanding in importance this is by far the most surefire way to get the sweet 60k-150k lifestyle
>>
>>72684024
>american dream is when kids live better then their parents
>so its kinda dead (since the 80s)
USA is not Russia
>>
My girlfriend is still in highschool....

And we are getting married. Hope I don't regret this
>>
>>72683743
>New Zealand
>17
>>
>>72686380
My Dad was 20 and my Mom was 17 when they got married. They stuck with it for 21 years before divorcing.
>>
>>72686454
My mom has been with my dad since she was 16 and they are still married.

I guess the difference is that me and my girlfriend are both Asian immigrants to America and our families expect us to get married soon.

Thank God, she is a 10/10 in my eyes and in probably a 5/10
>>
>>72686500
don't feel bad anon-kun
>>
>UK
>30

Ended up moving to the states. Honestly, the standard of living is much better in America than Britain.
>>
File: detroit (1).jpg (345KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
detroit (1).jpg
345KB, 950x534px
>>72683743
>American dream
is a New York Jew swindle.

I've been to Detroit, Albuquerque, Chicago, and Denver. I would never move to the USA by choice.
>>
>>72685020
>there are a lot more technicians, nurses, and code monkeys that do the work that an average person can and get paid well for it (generally 60-80k mid career).

They do well because no one goes to them.
>>
>>72683743
the american dream is a trick by the U.S. government to keep you indebted to banks for your life. If you don't rent your properties you're a shitter.
>>
like Canada is better?
>>
>>72683786
It's easier to accomplish in Finland anyway.
>>
>>72688349
>like Canada is better?
inb4 muh free healthcare, university etc...Nothing is free.
>>72688375
Unfortunately the law of Jante is echoed from Sweden, so not really.
>>
>>72683743
>American dream is the truth and a way of life to strive for

Enjoy your 31 fluid genders and genderless aliens dream.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4274396/Man-spends-50-000-transform-genderless-ALIEN.html

http://en.protothema.gr/sick-of-your-gender-identity/
>>
I don't like huge debts. I buy only things I can afford.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.