[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What geographic misconceptions did you have as a child? I used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: world-map.gif (80KB, 1200x715px) Image search: [Google]
world-map.gif
80KB, 1200x715px
What geographic misconceptions did you have as a child?

I used to think Spain and Portugal were in South America.
>>
>>72614265
I mixed up where scotland and ireland are and I couldn't spell austriala right
>>
I didn't realize New Zealand was a real country and not just an Australian island until I came to /int/
>>
>>72614265
I thought the Earth was round
>>
>>72614265
I confused Brazil and Colombia, though Uruguay was a country. That Belgium was were Switzerland is, that Scotland was were Wales is. And that the Netherlands were near Estonia.

That's I always had a pretty decent idea of the world, but my dad collects expensive globes so it was easy mode for me.
>>
I thought Honduras and Nicaragua are in Africa
>>
>>72614265
New Zealand wasn't shown on many maps, so I always assumed it was located in Tasmania

That's it though, I looked at maps a lot as a child.
>>
>>72614265
I thought we lived on a flat plane on the bottom of the universe.

When I saw documentaries where they talked about planet Earth, I just assumed that it was just another planet up in the sky, and not where we lived.
>>
i thought togo was a pacific island
>>
>>72614265
I thought Transylvania is not a real country
>>
>>72616600
I thought Transylvania was a made up country for Dracula
>>
I thought that the United States' border to the north and south was all ocean.
>>
>>72614265
I used to think that places on the other side of the Baltic had tropical climate, because they were fr a way places beyond the sea.

In reality it's just more snow and rain...
>>
Use to think the netherlands was just a term for all the nordic countries
>>
>>72616931
If only it were true
>>
>>72616931
Isn't it?

>>72616045
That's pretty cool.
>>
I thought United States was a good country to live
>>
I used to think Nazi Germany existed in the current year. And our brave military at the border kept them at bay.
>>
When Quebec was trying to become independent, I thought they were going to cut it off with chainsaws and float it away.
>>
>>72614265
I didn't learn about Poland's existence until I was 12.
>>
I used to think Quebec was a middle eastern country. Only found out it was actually in Canada last year
>>
I thought Aix-La-Chapelle (Aachen), Cologne (Koln), Amsterdam, Barcelone and Genève were in france
>>
File: image.jpg (733KB, 2058x1314px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
733KB, 2058x1314px
I used to think Europe wasn't a tiny cucked continentlet

LITTLE
>>
>>72614265
I used to think the Netherlands was where Latvia and Estonia are
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.