[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people born before 1990 posting on /int/ Tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

>there are people born before 1990 posting on /int/

Tell me about your life

How does it feel being a real adult?

What do you do for a living?

Do you have a gf/fiance/wife?
>>
>inb4 i'm depressed tfw no gf tfw no friends tfw no job
>>
>>72599757
open a new window, any window.
>>
>>72599728
I work on shitty dead-end job that pays only my food, transport and utilites. I had a gf but kicked her out because she behaved bad and now have that feel. Life is the same at 20 and 30, just imagine going to work instead of university.
>>
>>72600066
Wow that sucks.
>>
>>72600166
>>72600066
you both kisses now.
>>
>>72599728

>born in 1982

It is weird as shit

I am a network engineer, make a good living, have all the shit I need and most of what I want.

No wife or anything right now

I expected to be dead by now.
>>
>>72600278
>35 and not married

uh oh
>>
>>72599728
I'm unemployed have no gf and nothing in particular going for me. It's like not being an adult except shittier cause people expect things of you. Also my hair is thinning and my back hurts.

Now get the fuck off my lawn, kid.
>>
>>72600370
Why don't you just get a job? It's as easy as applying to every fastfood restaurant in your area and you'll be employed.
>>
>>72600313
>uh oh
delet

or better explain what you meant
>>
File: 1425912830906.png (418KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
1425912830906.png
418KB, 500x581px
>>72599728
I was born in '96
I stock shelves at a grocery store and shitpost while living with my parents and dont pay rent

Life is pretty great honestly
>>
>>72600437
Thay should just be embarassing my dude.

There's a few people I've seen who stock shelves at my local grocery stores. 2 of them have visible disabilities and the other looks like he's in highschool.
>>
File: 1458990355636.jpg (515KB, 1166x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1458990355636.jpg
515KB, 1166x1344px
>>72600437
:(
>>
What were the 90's really like?
>>
>>72600405
Because I have a masters degree in STEM fast food is demeaning. I graduated summa cum laude have perfect 4.0 and so on.
>>
>>72600492

Kinda weird. Lot of strange shit going on, but I guess no weirder than the weirdos now.
>>
>>72600502
then how the fuck are you unable to find a job
>>
>>72600513

Probably didn't network, can't interview, socially retarded, etc. That is the usual reason highly educated people fail to get jobs.

Also having a degree doesn't mean he is any good, lots of people out there with masters that fucking suck at their field.
>>
lifes alright save for the odd existential crisis every other month. I do cnc machining for living. Been single for a few years now and dont have any aspirations to change that. So all in all pretty much the same shit it was during school days
>>
>that feel when a loser from '89
>>
>>72600502
>STEM
what field?

t. STEM major here
>>
I'm married and I have a daughter.
Life its just getting better
>>
>>72600558
True. I think many people don't realize that most of the value of going to college is the networking part. If you neglect that your degree is pretty much useless.
>>
>>72599728
>>72599728
Born in 1993, have a great job (95% percentile pay + bennies + bonus), a loving girlfriend, an apartment, a car, and practically everything I need. Still have shit social skills and am lacking in friends and am not good at networking. I still have time to improve this though.

>>72600278
What does being a network engineer entail? I work for a company that develops software for routers and switches, along with network management software.
>>
>>72600657

Pretty much design and deployment of everything network related. Routers, switches, wireless, firewalls. I am doing more of a management role now, so more design and problem solving these days.
>>
>>72600700
Ah, I wish I knew more about that side of the business. I've been told that I'll pick some of it up as I go along, but it seems like I'm working without context. Best of luck, hope everything keeps going well.
>>
>>72600437
I don't give a fuck. Why did you make this post?
>>
>>72600733

Honestly I want to get out of doing the technical side, after about a decade of it I think I will hit the point where I am tired of it. Want to keep pulling into the management side, doing a lot of networking and behind the scenes work to try to get myself to a VP position eventually, we will see how it goes.
>>
>>72600819
>I want to get out of doing the technical side
does it become boring and repetitive after a while, is that why? or just lack of $$ compared to mgmt?
>>
>>72600558
>>72600625
Networking isn't hard, at all.
Just be on good terms with your professors and try hard on your classwork (which seems like what anon did, considering his 4.0 GPA in a STEM field), and you've networked enough. That's all I did and I'm just fine now.
>>
>>72600850

Little of both. Eventually you hit the point where you have seen most things before, solving technical problems gets repetitive. Learning new stuff constantly gets exhausting after a while, the tech world just moves so fast, keeping up gets ridiculous. Also at low 6 figures you usually hit a wall where you have to work way more to get a little gain unless you move to management. That is where I am at now.
>>
>>72600891
why not go solo, start a company on your own on the side? that's what i want to do after i gain some experience -- be my own boss. pretty sure it is not as easy it sounds, but doing consultancy, teaching etc is definitely a change from the monotony of working a 9-5, is it not?
>>
>>72600975

It is a motherfucker to do, you have to be very sales savvy, which I am not. You will get mowed over by the big consultancy firms unless you have made a big name for yourself somehow and that is tough to do in this field. I know people who have serious certs, wrote books and still have a hard time even making ends meet with their consultancy. Basically your life will become being a salesman and business man full time and unless you have tech people to take over, you will basically just make a job for yourself where you work 80 hours a week to eat.
>>
>>72600597
Geology. Oil kicked the bucket.

>>72600513
I don't know I guess I suck at life. Or interviewers can just tell I don't really want to work and see it as an inconvenience at best? Probably a combo of anxiety and depression 2bh.
>>
>>72601033
well, you certainly gave me a lot to think about. thanks for sharing your experience from the frontier.
>>
>>72601191

NP, I have tried the consulting thing before. You really need a niche or something innovative to do well. Otherwise you need a lot of connections, sales ability and a good business plan. The thing you don't want to fall into with a business is basically making a job for yourself rather than building a business. Lot of people get stuck in that and just end up working themselves to death for no real gain.
>>
File: 1474256308666.gif (999KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
1474256308666.gif
999KB, 500x268px
>>72599728
'96, on the eternal tugboat, renting own apartment, most days i don't even go outside.

All I do is play lift, drink play WoW and watch shows or anime.
>>
>>72601296
Oh no, i was actually born in '94
>>
'88

Dead end job

Decent apartment

No gf

I don't give a fuck anymore. I'll go learn a trade in my 30's.
>>
>>72601296
>>72601336
Nobody fucking cares. This thread was for people born before 1990.

Remove yourself anime nonce
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.