[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Supreme Court of the United States is the greatest trolling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: scotus.png (213KB, 1106x1046px) Image search: [Google]
scotus.png
213KB, 1106x1046px
The Supreme Court of the United States is the greatest trolling organization in history.
>causes liberal butthurt with Dred Scott and MacDonald v. Chicago
>causes conservative butthurt with Brown v. Board and Roe v. Wade
>causes libertarian butthurt with Kelo v. New London
>causes Presidential butthurt with United States v. Nixon
Why is it so based?
>>
I need a quick rundown on Gorsuch. Is he a master ruseman?
>>
>>72585350
He's actually fairly moderate, but the more radical Democrats don't want to confirm him because the Republicans didn't confirm Merrick Garland; some have suggested confirming both once another justice such as RGB retires/dies.
>>
I think everyone was mad with Kelo
>>
File: Loss.jpg (44KB, 665x540px) Image search: [Google]
Loss.jpg
44KB, 665x540px
>Common law
>State legislature
>Democracy where the one with the majority of votes loses

What a catastrophe!
>>
>>72586062
Apparently; many state legislatures legislated to overrule it afterwards.

>>72586319
>Using the rigid civil law
ishygddt
>>
>>72586401
I need to know something, I look at the law, or the prop. Can't get more accurate than that.
>>
>>72586815
We likewise have cases and citations thereof.
>>
>>72586908
>cases and citations
Which de facto can result in what's effectively cherrypicking. Case in point: the Magna Carta.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/04/20/the-rule-of-history
Two countries can use the EXACT SAME DOCUMENT to divine two entirely different legal precedents from it.

You say rigid, I say legal certainity. And in their hearts most Americans somewhat agree, otherwise they too would have an unwritten constitution.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>72585455
Gorsuch is beta as fuck and trump thinks he can control him.

i really don't know what the fuck is wrong with trump though to do this.
>>
>>72587566
I read an endorsement once that Gorsuch is okay with ruling against Trump at times much like Kagan ruled against Obamacare in 2010 despite being an Obama appointee.
>>
Americans still don't know how to read their constitution, some says it shouldn't go farther than what lawgivers had in mind during the XVIII century, other says it should stretch to include other rights (like what they did with the privacy and abortion rights in Roe vs. Wade)
>>
>thinking anyone knows about court cases in your ocuntry

nahpham nah
>>
>>72585455
Gorusch is objectively as conservative as Scalia, if not more.

Trump couldn't have picked a more literalist or traditionalist candidate who has great educational/work qualities.

AKA an amazing choice
>>
>>72590793
Brown v. Board of Education is an internationally known case though. All the other cases are obscure bullshit but anyone who considers himself even somewhat knowledgable in legal affairs should at least know Brown v. Board of Education.
>>
>>72590774
Such is the nature of a constitution open to interpretation, but then again 90+% of the cases before the Supreme Court are noncontroversial, as with most courts.

>>72590793
>>72591314
>Dred Scott (1857) - Blacks aren't citizens, overturned by subsequent constitutional amendments
>MacDonald (2010s) - Handgun bans are against 2nd amendment
>Brown (1950s) - Segregation is unconstitutional
>Roe (1973) - Anti-abortion laws are mostly unconstitutional
>Kelo (2000s) - Eminent Domain can be used to benefit private entities
>US v Nixon (1971) - The President is not above the Law, Nixon can't use executive privilege to refuse subpoenas
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 328x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 328x374px
>>>/pol/

Go back to the redit refugee camp

Also who the fuck says trolling anymore unless it relates to lolcows?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.