[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this question might of been asked a ton of times but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: [email protected] (26KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
owl-happy@2x.png
26KB, 500x540px
I know this question might of been asked a ton of times but I ask, is 'Duolingo' a good way of learning a language to you guys?

I have been invited to play for this gig in france yet know nothing of speaking or undertstanding french.

Can you learn basic french in 4 months time?
>>
what is the rush

think you might be literally autistic lad
>>
Define basic friendo
>>
>>72575191
learn the language by getting into arguments with people of said nationality
>>
French is pretty close to English so it's not that hard. Duolingo is okay for Grammer and learning some words. But you will need to supplement word list and listening/speaking practice. There isn't enough of that in duolingo.

I would recommend assimil, fsi or Michel Thomas(especially for french).
>>
>>72575218
Gig is in 4 months time

>>72575232
Being able to understand converstations. Ask for directions, Ask for water, ask for a bus, change for 20 euros. etc.

>>72575294
Thanks anon. I'll be sure to search for any speaking/listening practice where I can. but hey its a good thing to keep under my belt.

Leeds isnt really looking to swell desu.
>>
>>72575191
>to learn
no
>to start learnig
yes
>Can you learn basic french in 4 months time?
definitely yes
>>
>>72575191
what do you play?
>>
>>72575271

Even funnier that a leaf makes this post.
>>
>>72575191
This >>72576007

Band's name?
Genre?
Your instrument?
upload a song here desu
>>
>>72575191
Yes, you can learn a different languages by swiping a bit around in an app for 4 months. It really is that easy.
>>
>>72577823

Are you being sarcastic?
>>
>>72575271
kek
>>
>>72577995
You'll figure it out
>>
>>72575191
Duolingo is a side-tool that might help you learn the language faster. It is NOT meant as the main tool for learning a language.

I learned this the hard way when I substituted Duolingo for actual Spanish class.

To answer your main question though. Yes, it is possible to learn basic French in 4 months. But be prepared to commit ~2-3 hours a day on a variability of sources. Your uni/college should also provide french classes which I really recommend. Not because you learn that much during the classes but because you will push yourself more if you have mandatory shit you'll have to follow. This will eventually make you learn the language quicker.

Duolingo is absolutely amazing for practice during commuting/breaks/laying in bed just before sleeping though.
>>
>>72575191
watching things like this is a good way of learning Russian >>72576049
>>
It's an effective first step and supplement.

Start consuming media in your target language as soon as possible. Subtitles are your friend.

Wiktionary is a good source for looking up words in your language and translations of English words into your language.
>>
>>72575191
Duolingo and the Collins Grammar book will have you holiday ready in 4 mths.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.