[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How popular or prevalent is The Koreaboo thing around the world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

How popular or prevalent is The Koreaboo thing around the world?

am just curious. definitely in my thought, about 5 years ago it wasn't much popular and there was no term like koreaboo even
>>
ive wondered why youve wanted them.
>>
Asians over here love Korea, particularly Singaporeans
>>
never seen any IRL
>>
They only really love you for k-pop, my friend is one, copies the hairstyle and everything but beyond that I've not really seen it.

In a lot of cases though people online tend to equate Koreaboos as being just as bad as weeaboos
>>
>>72527842
its a somewhat normieish thing for girls. I don't think they'd call themselves koreaboos or even know what that means. They just like kpop and schlicking to korean dramas
>>
>>72527842
>How popular or prevalent is The Koreaboo thing around the world?
Its not actually very popular. If it wasnt for kpop and koriokino there would be much interest in Korea
>>
>>72527842
I met one Cypriot girl who was obsessed with kpop but that's all
>>
>>72527842
From wiki :Korean fashion and hairstyles became trendy amongst youth in Nepal and led to a Korean language course boom in the country which has persisted to today. Korean cuisine experienced a surge of popularity in Nepal with more Korean eateries opening in the country throughout the early to mid 2000s.
>>
>>72527842
Especially korean hairstyle and fashion style,they have became pretty normal desu.
>>
>>72527842
글 올렸으면 리플 단 사람들한테 답변을 해줘 일베충 새끼야.
>>
they are literally piggybacking in japan's success. 99% of Koreaboos are a side effect of weebs
>>
>>72530348
this but once people get into gook's culture, they feel some good aspects of it and continuously follow them up right? aside from the equivalent of nipponese desu.
>>
>>72530348
no wonder
both fanbase are cancerous
>>
>>72527842
Literally not a thing
we know nothing about Korea besides Gangnam Style and how you eat dogs
>>
koreaboos peaked in 2012 and are only now seeing similar numbers as they did back then. ive seen a bunch of korean restaurants pop up lately too.
>>
>>72533749
real talk, westerners wouldnt. practically japan has the most of koreaboos who actually pay money for it and is the closest country to you but still all they can have about you is food outside those idols. at most its a very little thing like "this shit is a bit different from japan, its interesting" etc. westerners wouldnt give a shit about it either.

if you wanna get attention from those you atleast need to have your own unique traditional arts architectures myths and all that shit or other interesting modern cultural aspects. but this cant be made up or reproduced in such a way where your govt has tried. also aside from anime/manga/games, for instance your literature and any other modern form are pretty weak.
speaking about films , in reality, only such film fans watch it. western normies dont watch such indie-like things.
>>
>>72527842
>Koreaboo
This word doesn't feel right to me cause it has that "obsession, autistic fan who has unreal expectations of the country" connotation that comes from weeaboo.

Most of the people I know who are into Korea and it's culture have that interest because they watch some popular Korean show or drama, or they heard about the music, or because they have a genuine interest in the country because of its history.

Personally I think the biggest driving factor of Korean culture expanding are the Koreans themselves. I'm personally very close to Korea because I made friends with Koreans. From experience Koreans tend to be very outgoing, friendly people who love to share their culture. Fuck the whole reason I started learning Korean over any other language is because my friends kept getting so fucking happy every time I made progress learning the language.

Kind of heart to call someone a "koreaboo" when they have the interest for a legitimate, healthy reason.
>>
>>72527842
stop making this fucking thread
>>
>>72528286
I don't care. I need a cute koreaboo girlfriend now!
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 360x194px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 360x194px
>>72527842
that picture WTF im dieing of laughter here.
>>
>>72527842
idk lol
>>
I know people who listen to K-Pop, that's it and I wouldn't call them korea-boo
>>
File: 46454.jpg (217KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
46454.jpg
217KB, 1080x1350px
Is really common for girls that like anime to also like Dramas, Doramas and Kpop, it even has influenced some girls into liking boys with more feminine features among some social groups.
Most of these girls are either ugly mongrels or daddy issues girls with tattoos, dyed hair or plainly insane (pic rel,crazy exgf that is a koreabo/weeb).
>>
File: korea1.png (616KB, 933x1020px) Image search: [Google]
korea1.png
616KB, 933x1020px
>>72527842
lol, the only thing s. korea is famous for is forcing disabled children to work in salt mines
>>
>>72541104
>tv dramas and pop videoclips
>legitimate, healthy reason

I mean, if they like those products then yeah sure why not.
But how is that different from anime and weeaboos?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.