[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are evangelicals so obsessed with the end of the world in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1489902361537.png (606KB, 600x479px) Image search: [Google]
1489902361537.png
606KB, 600x479px
Why are evangelicals so obsessed with the end of the world in the chapter of Revelations? It seems to me that's the only message that really resonates with them about Christ. Most of the other branches of Christianity don't focus on it too much or don't have an official interpretation of it. I know the Eastern Orthodox, which I am working on joining, probably has the most hands off approach with that chapter of the Bible. Even the more liberal parts of the evangelical movement obsess over it. Why is it the case?
>>
>>72520893
Man, as a Christian While I do read the Bible, I take the Bible as a whole and not JUST revelations.
Some focus because "HEY, JESUS IS COMING BACK FOR MEEEEEEE!" But...I kinda disagree. It's a bit presumptive to assume that you're sooooo important that the world will end just because of you.
And the rest of them are probably just because you picked a church that was having a sermon on revelations that day.

Also, I don't think this is the right board for this.
>>
File: 775148468414.jpg (4MB, 8000x8000px) Image search: [Google]
775148468414.jpg
4MB, 8000x8000px
>>72521197
>Man, as a Christian
Did you fall down a stairwell or something?
How fucking stupid do you have to be to be a christfag in this day and age? It's just as ridiculous and morally grotesque as Islam or Judaism.
Where the fuck do you idiots keep coming from? I swear, even as little as three or four years ago you braindead fucks were still an extreme minority on 4chan and now it seems like cancerous christfaggotry is popping up everywhere. This is like a memetic form of Polio. Shouldn't be around any more, at least not here of all placed.
>>
>>72521309
We have a right to post here just like you have a right to post what you believe
>>
>>72521197
Would humanities or history be better?
>>
>>72520893
I think it's because they believe it's happening right now. Not all Christian sects have interpreted it this way. Some believe the war on Armageddon already happened and we're in the peaceful period. It's easy to interpret anyone as the false prophet and gog and magog as nations who will destroy humanity.
tldr They want to convert as many people as they can before the end of the world so their souls are saved.
>>
Protestantism is the worst Christian heresy.
>>
>>72521309
They came when right-wing reddit embraced /pol/
>>
>>72520893
because they want to scare people into converting

>you're going to die
>the world will violently end anyways if you happen to live long enough
>you'll burn in Hell forever
>unless you follow these simple
>do the same thing to other people

it propagates like an organism and all of their morals/beliefs boil down to breeding and converting more people
>>
>>72520893
Fearmongering. It's the same shit the news does.
>>
>>72521605
***simple steps
>>
>>72521605
That might be the case for some evangelicals, but you have the snake handlers who are legitimately insane. Some of these people are 100% sure shit is about to go down.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.