[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do highways in America have normal intersections like the area

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: map.jpg (1MB, 1784x2379px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
1MB, 1784x2379px
Do highways in America have normal intersections like the area circled with red in the pic?
I just got curious because that is unthinkable here.
>>
Here in Brazil it is common
>>
>>72491070
never heard of bridges?
>>
>>72491191
there is a huge intersection on the highway where he points it out senpai
>>
why is that unthinkable? I don't get the problem.
>>
>>72491070
do you mean like this?
>>
i don't understand the issue
>>
>>72491070
Is this GTA6 or something?
>>
>>72492284
GTA 5
>>
So the term "highway" or "expressway" or whatever differs by country to country but at least here, having intersections on them is just seen as insanely dangerous because cars are constantly running at 100km/h and I thought slowing down was stupid idea on that situation, but it seems in most of the world, that's different.
>>
>>72492434
Oh, is it really that small? I never played the game and thought the OP pic was just one of three islands.
>>
>>72491417
Paddy is saying those roads go under the freeway and they're not interstates which is also how I'm seeing what Suzuki is calling an "intersection."
>>
>>72492599
*intersections not interstates
>>
>>72492509
It was originally developed for Xbox 360/PS3 so yes
>>
>>72492665
GTA San Andreas was for the goddamn PS2 but still had a huge map.
>>
>>
File: img_7071.jpg (147KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
img_7071.jpg
147KB, 650x488px
Depends on the type of road, actual highways don't, but there are a lot of multi-lane express roads with relatively high speed limits that do and where bad collisions occur frequently.
>>
>>72492775
Also this is the USA, I'm not talking about Germany here. Here when rural roads intersect the speed limit is 70 kph or 44 mph, and as soon as there are multiple lanes they have to have traffic lights.
>>
>>72492775
Highways are the ones that connect towns and will turn into "normal" roads when they get to areas that require it, having stoplights/intersections/etc.

Freeways/interstates are only accessible via onramps and they won't have intersections
>>
>>72492965
It's my understanding that the words highway, freeway, expressway and turnpike are used interchangably in different regions of the US and all mean the same thing.
>>
File: t3_2so4ls.jpg (692KB, 2600x2048px) Image search: [Google]
t3_2so4ls.jpg
692KB, 2600x2048px
>>72492694
GTA V map is actually much bigger than the SA one. San Andreas really feels big, but that's due to stuff like draw distance and car speed.
>>
>>72493098
No, only highway is the umbrella term. Freeways are like the anon above said, expressways/interstates have extra lanes, and turnpikes have a toll
>>
>>72492509
The map is larger that all previous maps combined
>>
I'll have to finish that game at some point.
>>
>>72495595
No worth it
>>
File: 1176-gta-5-gta-sa-comp.jpg (40KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
1176-gta-5-gta-sa-comp.jpg
40KB, 468x468px
>>72493281
This is the real map camparison using the in game map.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.