[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the world's view on torture? For me, it's one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1485897422464.gif (2MB, 400x469px) Image search: [Google]
1485897422464.gif
2MB, 400x469px
What is the world's view on torture? For me, it's one of the few legitimately triggering things. When I see videos of some prisoner getting beaten or having acid poured on him or whatever, and the screaming in agony, I can feel my blood pressure rise, and I get a bit anxious.

I can't imagine myself torturing someone.
>>
>>72413844
people who do that should be tortured.
>>
>>72413882
but then the people who tortured them should be tortured and so on and so forth.
>>
people are animals
fucking monkeys all of them
>>
>>72413844

well if you torture someone for information,that information will be fishing stories

useless,only useful if you want revenge for someone and want them to sing what you want them to
>>
>>72413978
There is objectively no reason not to torture someone if you're trying to get information.

Torturing is the right thing to do.
>>
>>72414031
There are other interrogation methods.
>>
>>72414031

if you torture someone for information,he well parrot everything you will want him to do

it compromises actual operations
>>
>>72414070
Like what?

Torturing is definitely the best one.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-15_09-53-48.png (211KB, 815x943px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-15_09-53-48.png
211KB, 815x943px
>>72414128
And what method will actually get the real truth?

Pic related. Talks about torturing and why it's the best
>>
>>72414031
Torturing can plant guilty conscience into the minds of innocents. Which is no different from witch burning or inquisition.
>>
>>72413882
>>72413955
There's nothing wrong with torture, you just have to make sure that anyone who got it deserved it, torturers and murderers deserves to be tortured and murdered for ex.
the function of the law and punishment is to bring justice after all

>>72413978
>>72414031
These should be done in moderation though, especially if the people involved are innocent, if it's spy or something, go all the way
>>
if it's for military reasons it's okay obviously but you all are digressing
most of the time people torture for enjoyment and that is the problem with people
like >>72414303 for example, there is such a thing as need for torture but hardly someone deserves it, who are you to say what a man deserves morally to be tortured ? jesus ? jesus said you don't do that

btw i also think it needs to be done very cleanly, like with gas or electricity, like nazis, it has to be cold and efficient, otherwise it is filthy and even more disgusting
>>
>>72414422
>who are you to say what a man deserves morally to be tortured ?

The cosmic order and Justice demands it
>>
>>72414422
>who are you to say what a man deserves morally to be tortured ?
When you're re refusing to punish criminals you're doing injustice to the criminal victim
We have the law so people wouldn't go all vigilante to fulfil their grudge, doesn't work when you're too tolerant

Even if you think its better to forgive you can't expect all criminal victim to do that
>>
It's a tool to get infos that may save the lives of your fellow countrymen. Nothing else.
>>
thats why waterboarding was invented. instead of permanently maiming someone physically you maim them mentally.
>>
>>72415027
I think mock executions work better, at least in my experience.
>>
>>72414303
>make sure that anyone who got it deserved it
i like this.
>>
>>72414176

actual intelligence is based upon OBSERVATIONS and PROFILING which do not include torture or interrigations
>>
>>72414836
yes well then you simply execute the criminal and that's it, it's harsh enough
why the need to make it all filthy and painful on top of that ? do you take pleasure from it ?
>>
>>72415186
It can't hurt to do some torturing.

>>72415187
>why the need to make it all filthy and painful on top of that ? do you take pleasure from it ?

as punishment and to get confession
>>
>>72415213

well it can,always has,there always will be whistleblowers and such that you just cannot do anything about
>>
>>72415213
>as punishment and to get confession
What if the supposed criminals are actually innocent and they are forced to admit some crimes that they didn't do in order to avoid torture?
>>
>>72415308
Well sometimes innocents have to be hurt in the way of truth
>>
>>72415445
>Well sometimes innocents have to be hurt in the way of truth
That isn't justice. That is something that a psychopath dictator would say in order to justify his oppressive regime.
>>
>>72413844
I want to torture this girl's titties
>>
>>72415580
You just described /pol/ in a nutshell.
>>
>>72414031
Torture is not effective for extracting information.
>>
Why not deceive them while drugged and then play some good cop/bad cop?
They could cough up the info and have zero recollection of any trauma.
>>
File: b29.png (151KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
b29.png
151KB, 421x500px
>>72415081
>at least in my experience
>>
File: 1529MartinLuther.jpg (8KB, 220x221px) Image search: [Google]
1529MartinLuther.jpg
8KB, 220x221px
>>72415081
> at least in my experience
>>
>>72413844
I'm pro-torture.
whip me, daddy.
>>
>>72420899
pls be in london
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.