[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the best country to be in during a hypothetical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: nuke-002.jpg (77KB, 1477x1180px) Image search: [Google]
nuke-002.jpg
77KB, 1477x1180px
What would be the best country to be in during a hypothetical nuclear war? I was thinking places like India and Indonesia may be neutral, but I feel like there's a chance they could be targeted anyways because of their large population. I was thinking Southern Africa, but it seems difficult to live off the land there, or a place like Guyana away from winds and with an abundance of water and other resources but with France right there that's a potential target too. New Zealand maybe? They don't have any agreements with the U.S. but they're part of Five Eyes so maybe not? Other parts of South America perhaps? Maybe even Alaska/Eastern Siberia since it's too close to their own country to target? What do you guys think?
>>
Iceland is quite isolated and has a good standard of living. They don't represent a threat for other countries either.
>>
>>72403775
Doesn't Iceland being in NATO make them a target, or are they so small and irrelevant no one would bother anyways?
>>
Some irrelevant tiny island in the middle of the ocean would be the least likely to be targeted, at least. Something like Easter Island.
>>
File: 72445-0-1451978586.jpg (719KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
72445-0-1451978586.jpg
719KB, 1920x1080px
>>72403664
india would immediately take a chance to go war with pakistan or vice versa. my cunt would soil itself because mongrels uprise and try to establish a meme caliphate.

i'd say brunei would be safe, but it has strict sharia law.

northern parts of canada maybe?

if all else fails, there's always switzerland.
>>
>>72403664

You'd be better asking this question on /k/.

But the answer depends. It depends on a lot.

Without specific details of a scenario you can't point to what is the "best" country. Cities, by and large will be left alone between nuclear nations as there's high priority targets such as nuclear weapon sites and command & control facilities. In addition to those that would fail to fire, destroyed and held in reserve.

However, yes in general, an irrelevant county will be very low on the target list.
>>
>>72404588
With Switzerland, you're surrounded by countries which have nuclear weapons on their own, or are sharing NATO weapons. France, Germany, and Italy would all be targeted, and the border regions of Switzerland could be hit directly, and if not, you'd still have the radioactive winds blowing into the country.

Though if the nuclear winter meme is true, then you'd be fucked no matter where on Earth you are.

The safest place would be the International Space Station then. At least until you starve.
>>
Argentina, Uruguay, or Chile. Nobody cares about them so they wouldn't be targeted. All the other developed countried would either be targets or are right next to targets.
>>
>>72404947
>Though if the nuclear winter meme is true, then you'd be fucked no matter where on Earth you are.

You are right to be sceptical. It is based upon poor science.
>>
>>72405023

You are assuming a lot. It depends. A nuclear war does not mean LOLSPAM end-of-the-world tier. Limited nuclear war is indeed possible between nations.
>>
>>72404588
Northern Canada would be safe from nukes, but there is the possibility that it would come under Russian occupation or become a warzone between Russians and Americans fighting over resources. It's a pretty big region though, so if you are a survivalist type you could just lay low in the bush and be left alone.
>>
>>72403664
If a nuclear war ever kicked off, India and Pakistan would wipe each other out.

South America would probably be safe, well aside from argentina. We would probably nuke them before we got crippled so they couldn't take advantage of the situation and invade the Falklands.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.