[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spoiler alert for anybody who hasn't watched Logan. You've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: professor.jpg (2KB, 125x108px) Image search: [Google]
professor.jpg
2KB, 125x108px
Spoiler alert for anybody who hasn't watched Logan. You've been warned.

Alright, so I just got done watching the movie and was browsing /tv/. One thing you've got to remember is that the X23 character is a Mexican and speaks spanish and heavily accented english. At the end of the movie she's hugging Logan and says "Daddy", in english. Someone on /tv/ proposed that this was because "Papi", the spanish equivalent, sounds too sexual and like she's flirting or something. It occurred to me that 'daddy' can also be a sexual kind of word in english and gets said sometimes during sex/flirting. This is a question for anybody who's native language isn't english or spanish, is your language's word for 'daddy' a sexual word in certain contexts?
>>
>>72394343
>One thing you've got to remember is that the X23 character is a Mexican

What the fuck have you done this time Hollywood
>>
Final bump.
>>
>>72394343
Yes. It's a term college and highschool bitches use often for an older guy with money.
>>
>>72396546
>This is a question for anybody who's native language isn't english or spanish
I already know it can be sexual in english. I'm trying to figure out if it's universally sexual across languages.
>>
>>72394364
>>One thing you've got to remember is that the X23 character is a Mexican

Anybody can be Mexican [spoiler]Unfortunately[/spoiler]
>>
>>72396756
Not sure what this post is supposed to mean.
>>
>>72394343
We have 2 different fords for daddy — generic "пaпoчкa" (papochka) that is used by kids and slang "пaпик" (papik) that means the same as >>72396546
>>
>>72396901
Is papik to papochka what daddy is to dad? Keep in mind dad, daddy and father aren't the same word.
>>
>>72396901
What I mean by this is, can a kid use the word papik innocently with their real dad?
>>
No la vi pero dejame adivinar: el susodicho mexicano habla como el culo, tiene un acento a lo Gustavo Fring y conjuga los verbos para la mierda, ¿me equivoco?
>>
>>72394343
>is your language's word for 'daddy' a sexual word in certain contexts
No
>>
>>72397009
Since 9/10th of your media is dubbed in Mexico I guess you won't even notice any type of accent, she's just as neutral as telenovelas or similar shit.
>>
>>72397069
Interesting. Be honest now, your word for daddy can never be sexual outside of incest roleplay or some shit like that?
>>
>>72396948
>>72396927
father — otecz
dad — papa
"chka" and "ik" are 2 dimunitive suffixes, only 1st one is grammatically correct because "papa" ends in vowel (lampa/ lampochka, but myach/myachik), so "papik" is not really a legit word and kids don't use it.
>>
>>72397535
Thanks.
>>
>>72397535
Isn't the whole concept of "diminutive suffixes" a logical contradiction?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.