[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever think using a language that's not your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 13e8f803.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
13e8f803.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
Do you ever think using a language that's not your native language?
>>
i usually think in the language i will type in

when i open several tabs and i have to use different languages for each ahí es cuando se me cruzam os cabos
>>
yes on 4chan. i actually have hard time translating the sentences from english to turkish even if i understand it perfectly.
>>
>>72335402
No, but I sometimes think with a british accent if I'm being sarcastic or condescending.
>>
I teach English, so yes.
It's a good thing, too. It means you've reached a level in which your second language is automatic, same as driving a car. You don't always listen to the engine, you just know when to shift gears
>>
Po në 4chan. Unë the them të premen e kam të vështirë përkthimin e fjalive nga anglisht në shqip, edhe nëse i kuptoj plotësisht
>>
Not well, but it's one of my biggest motivators for studying Japanese. The idea of being able to consider concepts using a different fundamental system of expression is incredibly intriguing to me.

毎日一日頑張ります!
>>
>>72335937
>tfw already made a mistake
毎日一日中*
>>
File: 1474069190290.jpg (140KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
1474069190290.jpg
140KB, 1200x700px
>>72335657
Since you teach English, do you agree with the fact that you're technically misusing commas? I'm not being hard on you; I'm just asking.

In the first sentence, you added a comma before "so." It's considered incorrect, because conjuctions are only preceded by a comma, if they join two independent clauses or two compound sentences.

You don't put a comma before "too" in the second sentence, since it's placed at the end. You only offset it with two commas when it's used as a non-restrictive/restrictive appositive.

Sorry if I seem condescending. I'm confused as well.
>>
>>72335402
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>72337130
It's probably because I was "speaking" to you and I made the pause I would have made in a conversation before so and after thing.
It's not condescending, and it's tricky since commas in Spanish have somewhat different uses.
If you were my student, I would correct the comma you used after comma (because of if).
I'm not "correcting" you because you corrected me, but would that correction be OK?
>>
No. For one reason, I'm English.
>>
>>72335657
You don't need to teach English or to have ''formal training'' in the language for that to happen.

I never took more than 1 year of English (and that's English in a public shithole school in this shithole called Brazil) and I can easily think in English.

I can do the same in German, which is my 3rd language.
>>
>>72335937
>but it's one of my biggest motivators for studying Japanese

be honest, you want to communicate with your waifu
>>
Yes, it's not nearly as special as monolinguals seem to think it is.
>>
File: 1489121154065.png (278KB, 499x647px) Image search: [Google]
1489121154065.png
278KB, 499x647px
I sometimes think in the language of the movie/tv show/anime if i'm watching something subbed, but i dont know what im saying

>>72340907
Who the hell doesn't want to communicate with there waifu
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.