[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How difficult is it for an English speaker to learn: 1. Russian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1470418842600.jpg (126KB, 540x767px) Image search: [Google]
1470418842600.jpg
126KB, 540x767px
How difficult is it for an English speaker to learn:

1. Russian
2. Arabic
3. Japanese
>>
>>72219198
1. Hard
2. Harder
3. Hardest
>>
>>72219263
This
>>
>>72219198
1. Hard
2. Hardest
3. Harder
>>
>>72219198
What kind of question is this? Do you plan on defecting to another country you fucking traitor
>>
File: inderesding.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
inderesding.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
>>72219263
>Japanese
>Hardest
Baka gaijin
>>
>>72219321
this, american is the only language u need
>>
>>72219354
Your squiggly shit was not meant to be conceived by a human being.
>>
>>72219305
Correct.
>>
>>72219263
Japanese grammar is pretty easy, actually.

t. native English speaker who is also fluent in Spanish and learning Japanese
>>
>>72219412
That makes no sense, seeing as it, out of all languages, it most deserves to have been conceived by a human being
>>
Russian will be kinda hard. I'd say it's pretty mid-tier difficulty for an English speaker

Arabic is a lot harder, you'll have to learn the writing which is very different from the Latin alphabet or cyrillic. Grammar and pronounciation will give you trouble

Japanese is probably a bit harder than Arabic. You'll need to learn Hiragana and Katakana (pretty easy, you can do it in like 6 hours if you try). Grammar structure is extremely different from English. Kanji will make you tear your hair out. Unless you're learning it for work or anime/manga/games, I don't reccomend it. Chinese would be easier and probably more useful.
>>
>>72219554
>Chinese would be easier

would it really? the tones seem like a pain in the ass
>>
>>72219801
It's grammar is closer to English and the writing is consistant unlike Japanese where each Kanji can have several different pronounciations and meanings.

Tones are probably the worst part about learning Chinese.
>>
>>72219198
Russian is ruthlessly infected, it's like a roided version of german. It's sentence structure is relatively similar to english though
Arabic can be either really hard or simply hard depending on the dialect you choose to learn, standard arabic is the arabic in the Quran and its really tough to learn, but it's the only version of arabic that people universally understand. The modern dialects really simplified the language, but they vary in grammar and vocabulary so much that they can be counted as different languages. Levanite sounds beautiful when compared to, say, egyptian.
Japanese is similar to Turkish and Finnish, just harder. Not only there is Kanji (Chinese symbols for writing), but the grammar is completely different to english.
Russian is the easiest, Modern Standard Arabic and Japanese are pretty tied, Japanese is slightly harder.
I'm fluent in Russian and levanite arabic, never really gave much of a chance to Japanese after the basics so I could be wrong.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.