[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Germany? Immigration wise Looks like a really well organized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: Angela-Merkel_16.jpg (462KB, 2132x2150px) Image search: [Google]
Angela-Merkel_16.jpg
462KB, 2132x2150px
How is Germany? Immigration wise

Looks like a really well organized place to move to.

How are the people there? Is it easy to live if you only speak english?

Is everything literally in German? i heard even movies get dubbed O_o

What are some good places for someone who likes a big city to be close to big grocery stores, tech stores etc? Also quite liberal and pro EU so mainly interested in big cities.
>>
bump, are the only germans on /int/ brain dead /pol/tards?
>>
>>72049099

Movies get dubbed. Only sub-humans dub anything from English, other than animation.
>>
>>72049715
Varg said, norway is full of fags.
>>
>>72049099
>How are the people there?
Pretty friendly. Although more formal and distant than here.
>Is it easy to live if you only speak english?
In any country it's important to know the native language if you want to get a job and socialize. Besides, a lot of Germans suck at English. They are better at English than France, but they still have a long way to go.
>Is everything literally in German? i heard even movies get dubbed O_o
Yes
>>
>>72049875
Even the video games are often in German.
>>
>>72049449
german flags are either turks or greeks
>>
>>72049099
It's fucking shit.

>no free speech
>censorship
>shitty politicians
>full of guilt because muh 6 gorillion
>jews niggers and muslims everywhere in the big cities
>dialects are becoming more and more rare
>all culture died after ww2 (except bavarian culture)

I could go on for hours
>>
File: germans on int.jpg (201KB, 773x600px) Image search: [Google]
germans on int.jpg
201KB, 773x600px
>>72049935
more
they just wont tell you

>>72049099
ask me everything
germany is shit
>>
>>72049950
What do you call a Trump supporter?

Trump Unterstützer?
Leuten, die Trump unterstützten?
>>
>>72049911
sadly only the originally English ones. Non-English games we mostly get in English.
>>
>>72049875
Well my job is international so i am mainly interested if i am able to live there comfortably, like do they at least have english labels in markets and stuff?

>>72049950
>no free speech
Dont care, bigots dont deserve free speech
>censorship
Such as? Plus i ll be watching online stuff so doesnt matter much 2 me
>shitty politicians
I like Merkel and that guy that seems to be going for it right now
>full of guilt because muh 6 gorillion
Again i dont care, that doesnt affect my enjoyment
>jews niggers and muslims everywhere in the big cities
I am not a racist /pol/tard so i ll be fine
>dialects are becoming more and more rare
Good riddance
>all culture died after ww2 (except bavarian culture)
good riddance, cultures are divisionary cancer
>>
>>72049099
How is this even a question?
>>
>>72050053
Well you could say Trump-Unterstützer, but Trump-Wähler sounds better imo
>>
>>72050075
In the 90's they also dubbed some games here. But the gaming community hated it so much that they stopped doing it.
>>
>>72050085
>like do they at least have english labels in markets and stuff?
Why would they? Just learn the language you lazy Greek. It's for your own good.
>>
>>72050093
For example i hear french are faggots if you dont speak french to them

>>72050183
2 lazy for that
>>
>>72050116
Beyond Good and Evil was really well done. But most of them were complete shit. I like how they subtitled Zelda. Kids love it.
>>
>>72050110
but people against Trump are

Leute, die Trump gegen sind

no special word like Wähler?
>>
>>72050207
Mohamed tier immigrant.
>>
>>72050207
When I speak English in Germany they often respond to me in German.
But maybe that's because I'm Dutch and they know I'll probably get it. But that's my experience.
>>
>>72050233
Trump-Gegner
(Gegner means enemy)
>>
>>72049810

Funny how he went to France then.
>>
>>72050116
The internet killed dubbing in my opinion.
People only go online to complain. Now localisation studios understandably don't bother as much anymore.
There's still some good stuff made today, but it's getting rarer.
>>
>>72050267
Godamn that's a pity, it looked great but no way i am learning another language after english.

So hard to find a good place to move in that lets you live easily if you know english
>US
Needs special visas and shit and most states are brain dead village people shitholes outside of washington, new york and cali
>UK
Is just fucking unstable, they dont even know what they want to do
>Aussieland
Full of fucking giant spiders and other deadly animals i am scared of
>New zealand
Too fucking away, it ll ruin my ping in games
>>
>>72050500
I live in Munich. It has definitely changed since the refugee crisis. I've been here since 2011, so I've seen it as it happened.
Most people I know are still very liberal, although that may be because of their academic background. Overall the city is quite nice, if a bit boring.
>>
>>72050854
I dont mind boring desu, i am quite a quiet person myself.

I just want to get a nice house, decorate it my way, cook and play games in there and enjoy life.

But that requires easy access to grocery stuff and markets, and it sounds like going in there to buy a few things could be a pain if they dont know english or dont talk much.
Plus i might want to go eat something outside sometime, it sounds scary if everything is in German, things like menus etc.

And that is why i am mainly interested in big cities, more liberal since myself am pretty liberal.9
>>
>>72050994
I think you could manage to get by with English in Munich, but you might have trouble getting some jobs without German fluency. And the housing market is completely insane, so you better be rich or have a good job to buy/rent a nice house here.
>>
>>72049099
You are welcome to come here. But if you do, dont post on /int/ under German flag
>>
>>72051128
Job is unrelated, i work internationally so i will just be there when i am not working.

What about the rent? How expensive is it?
>>
>>72049099
>How are the people there?
everyone is a rascist, specially to greeks.

no if you can't german, you will always get beat up.

>Is everything literally in German?
yes because german is the better language, other language are garbage. the only reason why i am saying this here, in english, is so that you morrons can understand me.

>i heard even movies get dubbed O_o
only faggot countries don't dub movies.

>What are some good places for someone who likes a big city to be close to big grocery stores, tech stores etc?
for foreigners the garbage place is there they belong.

>Also quite liberal and pro EU so mainly interested in big cities.
liberals belong to the gas chambers and the eu always suppress germany. time for the (real) 4th.reich https://youtu.be/qZUU1q8Qpok

PS: take this not so seriously :P
>>
>>72051201
Wtf you can't just move to another country without having basic skills.
I think a language lessons are mandatory

Also, we're fucking full. It's neraly impossible to find a vacant flat or house. And even if you find one, they're fucking expensive.
>>
>>72051221
You in real life

> ich will kein Nazi sein :3
> Verschleierungsverbot ist schlecht!
> Ich bin Angela-Wähler ^_^
>>
>>72051201
Depends how close to the city center. For a 2 bedroom flat you can expect to pay around 1k EUR per month. If you search for a long period you might get better deals, but to get those you definitely need German.
>>
>>72051524
Kek'd

Based ameribro
>>
>>72051488
Hmm that is a little expensive indeed, kinda doable.
Are they at least good and well maintained?

>>72051221
kek nice one

>>72051172
Can i namefag :o

>>72051488
lol
>>
>>72049099
Finngol here. It's mostly shit.

>400 MB/month mobile data caps are reality, 2 GB would be luxury
>Every fucking thing requires paperwork on physical dead-tree-paper and probably a visit to some office somewhere
>12-24 month contracts on everything
>Everything is in German
>No English option on almost any websites, online services (assuming those exist), etc
>Many places are cash-only, even the ones that take cards only accept the national EC card
>I know basic German but only have an apartment because my employer arranged it
>Everything is slow and overly complicated. The famed German efficiency is nowhere to be found.
>Apartments don't have central ventilation, so enjoy your stale air and mold
>Even rental apartments don't have kitchens, so you have to buy & build your own into SOMEONE ELSE's apartment when moving in or make do with some ad hoc IKEA shit
>Hot running water, if it's available, works like shit thanks to shitty ad hoc infrastructure and lack of thermostatic taps
>Taxes are higher if you're single and don't have kids
>Primary health care is completely decentralized. You simply don't have large clinics or hospitals or any single point of contact, period. Instead there are 9000 independent little 1-doc-clinics all around the city, in 1% of these the doc might speak English but the receptionists never do so good luck with getting an appointment.

On the plus side,
>Kebab and beer are cheap
>19 % VAT so consumer shit is slightly cheaper
>The health insurance covers more shit than in Finland and is easier to use, once you manage to find some English speaking staff somewhere
>>
>>72049099
>How are the people there? Is it easy to live if you only speak english?
>Is everything literally in German?
Learning German is key for integrating into society. English only may be sufficient in certain kinds of jobs, but for social life it's not enough. And speaking of that, Germany can appear to be cold to Southerners because our social life is organized differently. Much of German social life takes places in so called Vereine, i.e. clubs for particular interests and hobbies, like types of sports, or model building or singing in a choir etc. It's where you make most friends as an adult.
>>
>>72052899
that was informative
>>
>>72052899
Woah that sounds terrible, both internet and a kitchen isa very big deal for me.
>>
>>72053890
Well desu I've gotten used to most of it, but I pretty much intended to live in a Spartan way when I came here.

It's not like you _can't_ find apartments with decent kitchens and so on, at a cost. Fixed internet works okay, but in my case there was only one (1) ISP that didn't require a 12+ month contract.

If you just want to check it out here maybe chaining a bunch of Airbnb apartments for 1 month each would be useful, less language barrier, commitment etc
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.