[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>job has a few dozen vista-era computers we're going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1463354029024.jpg (257KB, 1200x772px) Image search: [Google]
1463354029024.jpg
257KB, 1200x772px
>job has a few dozen vista-era computers we're going to donate
>ask where the computers are going
>boss tells me they're going to be given to need argentines

Is Argentina really that third world? The last time I did this we shipped our old XP computers and laptops to places like Africa and the Philippines
>>
Also, Linux Mint MATE or Ubuntu 16.04 MATE?

Last time I used Linux Mint Cinnamon but the current iteration of Cinnamon is too heavy for these machines.
>>
>>72025125
>Is Argentina really that third world?
this is an usa tier question, but we have poor people who can't afford a pc, that doesn't mean the whole country is like that.
>>
>>72025184
Xubuntu
Gnome (Ubunta) a shit and Mint has backdoor
>>
File: large (1).jpg (65KB, 440x600px) Image search: [Google]
large (1).jpg
65KB, 440x600px
>>72025125
Look m8 we have a shitty country , and if someone else tells you something different he is lying.
The white thing is right though
>>
Yes we are, and its going to get worse.
Right now, 48% of argie kids finnish high school, against 70/80% in Brazil/Chile.
That's just one thing that is happening right now; a could go on (stikes, factories closing, people complaining about the short term and giving a shit about long term consecuences) but it's late.
>>
>>72025125
If those are being send to some northern provnce, yes there are africa tier places.

If it's going to Buenos Aires, your boss got ARGENTINED
>>
>>72025746

>Mint has backdoor

No it doesn't

I think it'll be Xbuntu or Linux Mint MATE though. I want something with a searchable menu

>>72028427

I don't know where it's going. It surprised me tho because I thought the /int/ memes were just memes
>>
>>72025125
who the FUCK said argentina was first world?
top fucking kek
>>
>>72025125
"donate" lol you just dump trash that otherwise woud be very difficult to recycle .Yeah we do have poor people espacially in the north.
>>
>>72028739

I'm sure these laptops with 1GB of RAM will greatly benefit the Argentine economy
>>
i literally still use vista
>>
>>72028739
recycling is common place in the 1st world cunts and it is a standard process. shipping shit to a different continent is probably more expensive otherwise these donations would be more widespread
>>
>>72025125
proofs?
>>
>>72025125
b8
>>
>>72027202
>that spic
>white
Dyeing your hair blond doesn't make you white
>>
>>72029179

Some NGO takes care of it for us I think. I don't think we ship anything ourselves.

It happens either way way though. If you give your old tech stuff to a "recycling" company they'll usually ship it to the third world. Instead of donating it they'll sell it to locals at a heavily discounted price.

It's actually a problem because a lot of companies and individuals do not properly zero their hard drives before they give it to these recycling companies.

Some crafty Africans are catching onto this, and they buy hard drives from these recycling companies. Then they harvest personal and financial information from these drives

>>72029194

I'm at home right now anon
>>
File: thais-muller.jpg (32KB, 475x315px) Image search: [Google]
thais-muller.jpg
32KB, 475x315px
>>72029342
Having natural blonde hair doesn't make you white either
>>
>>72029452
But being white does
And her skin clearly isn't white
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.