[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Americans really poor? Seems like America's "poor"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: ah3rxheyfu-l7dsy0cmlfg.jpg (65KB, 1247x561px) Image search: [Google]
ah3rxheyfu-l7dsy0cmlfg.jpg
65KB, 1247x561px
Are Americans really poor? Seems like America's "poor" are richer than the middle class of many nations.
>>
>>72011288
Our homeless have cell phone plans.

It's a matter of priorities and wealth. The "have-nots" actually still have quite a bit here.
>>
Even poor people in China are wealthier than the middle class of their grandparents' generation. Social expectations for what constitutes a minimally acceptable standard of living increase along with wealth and that's fine
>>
File: gla599-fr-re-co.jpg (234KB, 828x466px) Image search: [Google]
gla599-fr-re-co.jpg
234KB, 828x466px
>>72011487
I envy the U.S, you guys have huge houses that are quite cheap, not to mention the great weather and the perfectly green grass. In Canada, houses are quite expensive and our front yards are tiny. We have to shovel are driveways constantly.
>>
>>72011288
I guess? I still see videos all the time of third worlders carrying around smart phones and shit.

Couple months ago there was a Argentine who was going on and on how shitty his life is in a third world hellhole and how he wished he was born in the 1st world.

When I did a little probing into what exactly he meant it turned out he was upset that he had to spend a bit more for a gaming PC with the latest hardware.

I learned not to trust a lot of these whining 3rd worlders on here because they make you think they're talking about shanty town slums and mudhuts or whatever but they actually have it pretty good, ie shelter, electronics, food, and a job.
>>
>>72011644
>houses are quite expensive
That's because of the fucking CHINESE. They buy all the fucking houses, they're doing it fucking here too.

FUCK THE CHINESE.
>>
canada and the us are pretty much the same, it's probably better to be middle class in the states but poor in canada seeing as we have much better social safety nets
>>
>>72011436
Even Polish homeless have cell phones, cell phones are cheap everywhere
>>
>>72011644
t. wants to live in the burbs close to toronto
move like 30mins away from toronto and you can find large houses with large properties for like 300k-500k
>>
Middle class Europeans don't live in trailer parks.
>>
>>72011730
It's the same here. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere real estate is skyrocketing because the Chinese millionaires are dumping their assets into our real estate.
>>
>>72011436
>The same tears liberals cry for the “poor” (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators
>>
>>72011768
My dream is to move to the states and buy a big ass home with a huge front yard and never have to shovel my drive way.
>>
>>72011906
big ass homes are expensive in sunny places where it doesn't snow.

Sorry to burst your bubble leaf but the grass ain't greener.
>>
>>72011851
Urban real estate prices are so high because local government makes it nearly impossible to build anything
>>
>>72011809
>t. wants to live in the burbs close to toronto
True. I want to live close to a big city.
I live 2 hours from Toronto and it sucks.
>>
>>72011994
That's also a factor yes, but here in SoCal at least the Chinese are buying up the houses like crazy. Locals can't compete because they always pay cash.

>>72012029
It's not any different here why do you think it is? News flash the closer you are to a city the more expensive property becomes.
>>
>>72011288
They're materially okay, but they're fucked in terms of education or healthcare.
>>
>>72012102
>It's not any different here why do you think it is? News flash the closer you are to a city the more expensive property becomes.
I'd say houses are still cheaper overall in America.
>>
>>72012102
It's *the* factor. In a functioning free market housing would be built to fill the needs of local buyers and Chinese investors, so even if they did exist (they mostly don't) it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>72012199
Negligent amount, irrevelant also due to high differences depending on location.

You want to live in a close suburb to any of the big cities that actually matter you gotta pay the big bucks.
>>
>>72011644
It's really only expensive near the cities.

My friend bought 108 acres with a house on it in rural ontario for 185k. Meanwhile a shoebox condo on the edges of the city will cost minimum 300k.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>72012343
>free market
Grow up.
>>
>>72012480
>rural ontario
Yeah I would never live there unless I was a farmer.
>>
>>72011288
Very poor. Please send money.
>>
>>72012343
And how the hell are you going to stop local governments from passing these laws? I know all this shit, minimum parking, minimum lot size, spacing requirements, zoning etc are what's causing urban sprawl.

But passing any legislature removing the powers of local governments is just going to be taken as evil big government taking away rights from the people and will never be passed.
>>
>>72011859
As opposed to republicans trying to pass bills slashing the education budget in order to increase the military budget, also trying to cut off an ineffective hwlth plan for one that's much more worse for the low income household or just anybody not upper middle class and above.

The grass really isn't much greener on the other side, friendo.
>>
>>72012514
Major urban housing markets in the United States looked that until very recently. Tokyo and Osaka still do. It's not complicated - supply goes up, prices go down. Supply goes down, prices go up. We don't let supply go up, ever, so prices will rise and rise until the city's population fits in whatever we allow to be built and every poorfag in California has moved to Texas
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.