[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://business.financialpost.com/n ews/economy/bank-for-int

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 1486699772008.jpg (48KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
1486699772008.jpg
48KB, 500x486px
http://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/bank-for-international-settlements-says-canada-is-showing-early-warning-signs-of-financial-crisis

>Bank for International Settlements says Canada is showing early warning signs of financial crisis

Is you're country on the verge of economic collapse?

>Canada
>Yes
>>
Maybe the chinese will bail you out
>>
>>71987822
China is one of the most indebted countries in the world, they're straight broke
>>
>>71987910
Its true, but their betting heavily that their investment into the third world will pay off

If it does, they might bail out you guys and mexico for military and economic reasons
>>
I hate this goddamn country so much.

Ottawa here, I can barely afford rent and food.
>>
This isn't surprising. We rocketed from one of the lowest household debt countries in the west to one of the highest ones in the course of about a decade. Something most other countries take several decades to pull off.

We spent 11 years turning ourselves from a mineral and resource exporting nation into a one trick pony oil republic, only to finally kill most of the rest of the industries right as oil prices crashed.

Housing prices has basically doubled because 8 years ago they removed foreign ownership limitation laws.

We've basically been building up to Greece 2.0 status for a long while and none of the past 3 administrations have done enough to stop it. Martin didn't do much at all, Harper at least sought a lot of external investment, Trudeau promotes internal investment. These are nice little things but they were not enough to stimmy the oncoming apocalypse of the Canadian economy.

And of course, with shills like this "Bank for International Settlements" existing solely to spook people out of investing and to exacerbate problems, we'll now see even more investors bail and have the collapse come even faster.
>>
>>71988235
fuck this shithole country
>>
>>71987816

what problems do you have? I have an Albertan friend who was all arrogant when oil prices were very high, and obviously isnt as arrogant lately.
>>
>>71988434
>what problems do you have?

See
>>71988381

His post summarizes the problems.
>>
File: 1479329168504.png (647KB, 958x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479329168504.png
647KB, 958x600px
>>71987816
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
aren't ontario energy prices like the highest for a province in all of the americas? we're literally 3rd world
>>
>>71988235
>Ottawa
>complaining about rent

Don't even start and check your privilege
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (225KB, 1013x851px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
225KB, 1013x851px
>>71988381
>muh oil one trick pony oil economy

No, stop getting your facts from /pol/.

The other industries haven't collapsed, we've just seen increased competition in various sectors (plus environmental concerns in others, ex. forestry) which has led to nominal growth for the last decade. Whereas, some of the biggest emphasis and growth has come from real estate, construction, and financials. Oil and gas has picked up, alongside other mineral-related projects, but not at the expense of the other industries.

Sure, we lack a direction into the future, but the story of Canada's economy thus far has been exporting raw materials and we shouldn't expect to become an IT capital overnight.
>>
BUT GUISE

ONTARIO GETTING FREE TUTION FOR POORS AND UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME SOON!
>>
>>71988447

Gold reserve total value was $48B, having it would help nothing with our current problem, we're not the US with a world shattering amount of gold. $48B would have bought substantially less than a single fiscal quarter budget. Offset one budgetary deficit at best.

Our problem lies with bad foundation to our entire market economy, not banked reserves. We're basically mirroring the US mortgage bubble right now, our debt and housing prices keep climbing simultaneously, showing that it's a housing debt bubble, and these are never solved once they get this big. Especially in a Jew controlled country like this. IT'll grow, burst, send us down to 50 cents on the USD, we'll spend half my life reaching 80 cents again and by then the eternal Jew will have reset the mortgage bubble and started it again.
>>
>>71988589

They bungled the basic income system already, so it hardly matters, it probably won't even make it past it's pilot project now. They basically completely removed the reason for it to exist (and the reason it exists in other countries).

It's supposed to offset lower incomes, this is really useful in a world of growing automation. Someone can surviving losing a high paying factory job if they have basic income because they can basically combine it was a lower paying job and still take care of their family. In most places the basic incomes only get removed once you hit a higher income bracket.

They changed the Ontario plan to cut off immediately after you're employed at all, so these low paying jobs will still be avoided by anyone over the age of 20 or with a family, automation will still equally kill jobs but now it's just easier and safer to go on unemployment instead because you're getting either $800/m on income or $1600/m in a low income job. It basically changes nothing at all except more reliable NEET bucks for some people.
>>
>>71988473
I know it's not as extreme as Toronto and BC but it's going up.
>>
>it's another Canadians whining on the internet like faggots episode
They say the bubble is going to burst every year.
>>
>>71988589
at least we only have to choose between food and electricity like wynne says and not food, electricity, and education :^)
>>
>>71988697
>>71989144
How do we stop Ontario?

Literally has 2x the debt of California.
>>
File: OKAMINASAI.gif (2MB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
OKAMINASAI.gif
2MB, 1000x550px
>not creating the crisis for other countries with your crushing industrial & export power

Why can't anglos into work?
>>
File: hongcouver.png (96KB, 595x659px) Image search: [Google]
hongcouver.png
96KB, 595x659px
>>71988613
I wonder if Australia and NZ will be facing anything like this seeing as their economies and housing markets are quite similar.
>>
>>71989171
Get rid of Wynne and the Libs for starters.
>>
>>71987816
Cuckdeau, Wynne, and Notley need the fucking boot for starters. Their tax schemes drive investment dollars away from Canada, especially during a time when investment into the USA is looking more appealing.

Real estate purchases by Chinese foreign nationals needs to be banned outright, it is artificially inflating our real estate market. Interest rates have been kept too long for too long, resulting in a scenario wherein house prices just go up and up and up and there is never any correction. It's bad to the point now where raising the interest rates even a little on all these overleveraged retards will cause them to default on their debt.

An alternative to banning Chinese real estate purchases is to enforce reciprocity on trade with China, i.e. stop devaluing your currency and tariffing our shit you massive faggots, we have shit we wanna sell to you and people there will buy it if you'd fucking let them.

We need to get these Goddamn pipelines built yesterday. There are markets for our oil in the EU and in East Asia, as well as markets for LNG in East Asia. It's getting to the point where I just wanna punch these "environmentalist" faggots in the dome over and over. They are actively sabotaging the success of our country.

Our public schools are filled with leftist indoctrination. I see people I went to high school with that are now public school teachers virtue signalling all over social media about being "progressive" whatever that means. All this fiscally unsound leftist policy is seriously destroying our economy, and our public schools are filled with garbage promoting it.
>>
>>71987910
Not even close

Japan, US, Asspain, Italy, UK, Canada, Brazil, and most of Western Europe has more debt % GDP.
>>
>chink spaniard bumps a nearly ded thred to defend chink honour
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
Change the currency.
>>
I get paid in Canadian.

Help.
>>
>>71996306
Tell them you'd rather be paid in Monopoly money, the paper it is printed on is worth more.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.