[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanted to live in the ancient world, antiquity, where the world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: index.png (6KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
6KB, 206x244px
I wanted to live in the ancient world, antiquity, where the world population was about 100 - 150 million

Life would have been more easy
>>
File: Pripyat.jpg (251KB, 1280x991px) Image search: [Google]
Pripyat.jpg
251KB, 1280x991px
Iktf
>>
>>71940248
You would be a diseased peasant under the brutal oppression of neighboring empires.

(Pretty much like today, lol.)
>>
>>71940248
I want to live in the futuristic world, where humans are biomixed with androids and robots, where virtual reality is a thing and become an adventurer of the cyberspace
>>
>>71940248
>everywhere smells like shit
>everybody smells like shit
>marry smelly woman
>she dies in childbirth
>backbreaking peasant labor every day
>die when youre 47 from tooth infection
>>
I like the now.
>>
>>71940604
>implying I would have been a peasant, not a noble
>>
>>71940605
You can do that now.
>>
>>71940248
You would die.

Life in early middle ages would be much better. Especially if you would be born in a noble familiy.
>>
>>71940746
Charlemagne died at 72 yo

next
>>
>>71940629
>making it to 47
Holy shit, only kings do this
>>
>>71940800
747 n.e aka early middle ages.

Antiquity would be shit, trust me.
>>
>>71940690
show me
>>
Dude antibiotics lmao
>>
>>71940629
>Tooth infection
>Almost no sugar in the average alimentation

Next
>>
>>71940248
>Life would have been more easy
it would've been more simple, but not more easy
there would've been a far greater chance that you would've been either a slave or a peasant, just making enough in subsistence farming to survive, while being constantly bullied by thugs paid for by your local lord
>>
>>71940993
Why everytime in this kind of thread, the guy can not be a lord, noble or such ?
>>
>>71940993
also nevermind the primitive nature of health care and medicine
most of your kids would die off in their formative years
there's a real chance your wife would die in childbirth
while plagues wouldn't likely kill you due to the lack of pop. density, simple ailments could
>>71941073
because it's beyond unlikely that this would occur
if you think you could be a lord based on chance, you're in fantasy world and no longer in probability land
maybe .5% of the world back then owned or was leased any more land than they could survive off of, and extremely few had any extra wealth whatsoever for personal indulgences
>>
>>71941214
Which were the guys who were noble back then, then ?
The strongest ?
>>
>>71941418
Depends. for example, ancient Greece and Rome had aristocratic families but ancient Celts had their leaders chosen by the druids.
>>
>>71940834
Plato died at 81 years old, way before middle ages
>>
>>71941525
Many people misunderstand what life expectancy actually means by not knowing that child mortality is part of the calculation.
In ancient times people already lived until their 70s, but many already died as infants.
>>
>>71940248
DUDE BORN IN THE WRONG GENERATION LMAO!
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 200x174px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 200x174px
>>71941668
>>
>>71941418
>Which were the guys who were noble back then, then ?
>The strongest ?
noble as in the constantly changine values of honour and self respect, or the people in charge?
the people in charge have always been either
>the smart ones that can gather men behind them and viciously remove any threat towards their power
or
>inherited daddy's wealth, surrounded by a small counsel of people who know how to run shit and do what his daddy should do until the guy learns the ropes
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.