[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that British schools teach kids that the British Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Is it true that British schools teach kids that the British Empire was an evil and genocidal empire?
>>
>implying it wasn't
>>
I hope so.
>>
lol don't be silly
we don't learn anything about the empire 2bh
>>
Is it true that Americans are taught that the war of 1812 WASN`T an american defeat? Cause you got totaly BTFO
>>
>>71781130
No not really
>>
>>71781218
Nope. Not at all
>>
>>71781466
What about Vietnam? I have this american friend that says it was only a a cease-fire
>>
>>71781540
We lost the objective of the war, which was to stop South Vietnam to be communist
>>
>>71781540
Vietnam is definitely made out to be an enormous failure. Most post ww2 American history is taught somewhat with a leftist tint.

It's only really WW2 and before where our history books exaggerate American accomplishments.
>>
>>71781130
not really. It's actually rather funny how little we talk about the empire despite it's huge impact on the world. Maybe in 1000 years it will be discussed more
>>
>>71781130
Why did the British like Africans so much?
>>
>>71781540
Ask it on here, half the Americans responding go to the old "we got a better kpd ratio tho", "we didn't lose, we were forced out of it"
>>
>>71783611
Ressources
>>
>>71781130
The kingdom of England, way before the british empire, was already evil en genocidal.
>>
>>71781130
but it was
>>
>>71781218
I learned that it was pretty much antebellum after the war, but that the UK and Europe as a whole after the war realized that the US was something that shouldnt be fucked with

>>71781540
I learned pretty much what the rest of the world saw, US being in a place it really shouldnt have been, and getting its ass kicked because of inadequate war procedure.
>>
File: 1481513272919.jpg (123KB, 533x666px) Image search: [Google]
1481513272919.jpg
123KB, 533x666px
>>71781218
>Canada has to validate its status as a non-country by bragging about how its former overlords accomplished a stalemate in the US's first declared war.
>>
At least in Canada, we're taught this.

Our nation is one of "ongoing colonialization and cultural erosion" of the aboriginal peoples of the country by the invader imperialists who subjugated, raped, deceived, and stole. Residential schools are our country's holocaust - nothing else seems to have the same condemnation in our history books than those schools which attempted to assimilate the aboriginal population and would frequently punish aboriginal students. And some of my professors start every class by reminding us all that we're on unceded ancestral lands of the "X" First Nations people.

But we're also taught that xenophobia is one of the gravest sins, so the ongoing colonialization of these aboriginal lands is going to continue further, and despite their reserve system, more and more aboriginals are being caught up in eurocentric life.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.