[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here fluent in Armenian or in the process of learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (16KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 251x201px
Is anyone here fluent in Armenian or in the process of learning it? Armenia seems like an awesome place and culture, and I really want to learn the language. Can anyone give me any advice on how to get started? It doesnt look like Armenian has a rosetta stone...
>>
>>71758693
Why is Armenia so poor?
>>
>>71758730
First ravaged by turkroach empire then ravaged by jew communists

>>71758693
I'm sure there are youtube videos. Also there are tons of apps that will teach you. Most of them are free too.
>>
>>71758730
Fuck if I know. It has more history than almost any other country in the region so I find the language and culture fascinating. Anyone have any advice on learning the language?
>>
>>71758788
Barev!

Armenian has 2 dialects: Western and Eastern Armenian.

Western is spoken by survivors/relatives/individuals who were in Western Armenia(part of Ottomans).

Eastern is spoken by Armenians under Soviet rule/Armenians who lived in Iran.

The language has words and phrases that will be similar to English/Other IE languages but not really. ;)

Yes em - I am
Du es - you are
Door - Door(we pronounce it differently)

It has a lot of words(not sure what the term is for this) that are put together to make one word(think I've seen this in Germanic languages)

IE. Astvatz - God - Directly means Star Given
Astvatzashunj - Bible - God's Breathe

Surround yourself with Armenians/Armenian speakers and they will love to help you. Armenians go crazy for people taking an interest in our culture as the language isn't the easiest and they will be proud to help. We respect that.
>>
I wanna settle in the Armenian mountains and become a Thonraki paulikian.
>>
>>71760831
>IE. Astvatz - God - Directly means Star Given

Compound words. This particular one has a piece that many English speakers will also recognize from English words with Greek roots, like "astronomy" (the "law of the stars") and "astronaut" (a "star-sailor").
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.