[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just realized that Australia has only about 20 million inhabitants.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 11

File: AustralianFlag.jpg (180KB, 2254x1861px) Image search: [Google]
AustralianFlag.jpg
180KB, 2254x1861px
So I just realized that Australia has only about 20 million inhabitants.
Why do we all treat Australia as if they were a real, important country that actually matters?
They are a completely irrelevant country, like Netherlands (nothing against Dutch, you guys are great).
>>
>>71649716
Don't worry Merkel can take in enough people for the two of us Germany
>>
>>71649716
>Why do we all treat Australia as if they were a real, important country that actually matters?
Look at it this way: without Australia, all of these big dick waving countries wouldn't be armed to the teeth with nukes.
>>
>>71649716
A strong economy with significant mineral exports. Largest know deposit of Uranium in the world. A military that provides key roles in multiple conflicts. One of the first responders to natural disasters in SEA. A strong science industry. Also China likes our coal.
>>
>>71650235
Australia is also the largest exporter of mining and farming technology.
>>
>>71650286
Were also responsible for training other countries armies.
>>
>>71649716
yet you made a post about them
makes you think
>>
>>71649716
Feels good that my country is easily the most relevant nordic country
>>
>>71650235
yeah, but please dont take it personally, but I believe Austria has no future.
You are far away from all the white countries, and eventually you are bound to fall into the sphere of influence of China, India or some sort of ASEAN union. You will probably be the first breed of white people ruled by Asian overlords
>>
Most of the greatest countries in the world have surprisingly low populations, e.g. Canada, Australia, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, The Netherlands...
Countries that have large populations but are still good are the exception, namely Germany, Japan, England and South Korea
>>
>>71649716
>population is the sole factor in a countries power and relevance

We're a regional power and we're often involved in the world's affairs. With that said we could do with an increase in population, which is happening btw. Solid immigration and a pretty high birth rate. This year our population increases by 1,053 people, daily.
>>
>>71650420
>countries
country's*
>>
>>71650312
Plenty of room for military "exercises" out in the thousands of square kilometres of scrub. No one would ever find any bodies if command fucked up.

>>71650385
Jesus, another fucking /pol/tard. You need to get your head in the real world because national success isn't a matter of how "white" a nation is.
>>
Their density is 2.8/km^2 yet they complain that they're full.
>>
>>71650448
I think you misunderstood me. I don't care about whitness of a country, however, I would argue that China, India and ASEAN countries have all a culture that is different from the traditional western culture present in Australia.
And if you enterd some sort of union led by one of those countries, it might lead to some cultural conflicts
>>
>>71650420
>With that said we could do with an increase in population
Fucking why? What we could do with is actually starting to use the land we have as opposed to jamming more people along the already congested coast.
Australia should be leading the world in solar energy and states like SA should be getting a huge chunk of their electricity generated from massive solar farms but instead we stick to expensive, old tech. It's a fucking joke: we have all this land but barely utilise it. Meanwhile tiny nations like Denmark are getting a huge amount of their power from wind turbines in incredibly ingenious ways.
Australia as a nation is too fucking intellectually lazy. Stuffing more people into it doesn't help. We need to get over the idea that the mining sector can keep the nation rich forever and start looking towards actually using what we have. There is a stupid amount of potential here being pissed away.

>>71650536
Sorry mate you really have no idea what you're talking about. Learn a little about Australia, preferably not from 4chan.
>>
>>71650448
Yes it is, wog.
>>
>>71650536
AUS entering a union would be a greater exaggeration of the UK EU situation in terms of how stubborn we would be.
>>
>>71650420
>population increases by 1,053 people, daily.
to put that in perspective, Germany with a much larger population (Aus: 24.6 million, Germ: 81.3 million) has a daily increase of 140 people this year.
>>
>>71650609>>71650536

But I guess we nearly did join a banking union with china
>>
>>71650630
Germany is a bad example their predicted to drop significantly in terms of overall population
>>
>>71650235
> emu war
>>
>>71650691
ww1, sino russian wars, all your civil wars
>>
>>71650586
>Fucking why? What we could do with is actually starting to use the land we have as opposed to jamming more people along the already congested coast.
>Australia should be leading the world in solar energy and states like SA should be getting a huge chunk of their electricity generated from massive solar farms but instead we stick to expensive, old tech. It's a fucking joke: we have all this land but barely utilise it. Meanwhile tiny nations like Denmark are getting a huge amount of their power from wind turbines in incredibly ingenious ways.
>Australia as a nation is too fucking intellectually lazy. Stuffing more people into it doesn't help. We need to get over the idea that the mining sector can keep the nation rich forever and start looking towards actually using what we have. There is a stupid amount of potential here being pissed away.
Sounds awesome. Maybe I should move to Australia and help you. I'm just a software engineer though. Maybe i should have gone into civil or electrical engineering instead
>>
>>71650609
yeah, and thats the problem, i think.
At some point in future, it might be in best interest of Australia to enter an ASEAN union, for example, but I could imagine Australians would be to proud, saying "why should we white people enter an union with those subhumans". So you would be in a similar situation like UK in EU, really
>>
>>71650725
> comparing ww1 with war against animals
>is it even possible to win or lose in CIVIL WAR?))))))))))))))
>>
>>71650385
nigga they have shitload of ressources.
If the world population grow and the demand follows it will worth increasingly more and more.

Meanwhile european countries with only brain and manpower will be fucked because they are one trillion chinks who can do the job almost as well for 4 times less.
>>
>>71650811
>comparing a nations military to two guys with a machine gun
>>
>>71650974
>nigga they have shitload of ressources.
This can be both a curse and a blessing.
Maybe in future, China or India could decide they want those resources for themselves
>>
>>71651019
>gallipoli
No wonder we beat the shit out of you lads, you cant even shoot a couple of birds!
Hahahahaha :)
>>
13th highest gdp,just behind russia
>>
>>71651131
>Damascus
hahahahahaha
>>71651024
you arent crazy enough to be thinking about an invasion of Australia yeah?
>>
>>71651215
What is so crazy about China or India invading you in future?
>>
>>71651215
>implying we didnt abandoned the arabs way before the fall of damascus.
>implying most of the forces used during the fall of damascus werent indian

Lawrance of arabia has done more damage to the ottoman empire than the entire anzac forces combined m9 :)

>Literally marching to your deaths cause your overlord wanted to boast about its navy
>>
>>71651264
The force youd need to invade Australia, The supplies to maintain it. the fact that you have to start off going through jungle the bush the GDR just to get to Brisbane. Ignoring alliances and the shear distance it would take to mount something like that. With their limited navies(air craft carriers), our decent navy and airforce our intelligence services and radar systems.
>>
>>71651466
>Ignoring alliances
There is no guarantee your alliance will last forever. Maybe America gets into a civil war or is too busy with domestic troubles to help you. Or maybe they elect an orange clown who doesn't appreciate military alliance.

And do you seriously believe a country of 20 millions could resist one with over 1 billion people?
>>
>>71650974
EU has 750 mil people and doesn't include all Europe yet, China has 1.35 bil and India 1.25 bil

In absolute terms we don't have such a low population, as long as there is enough work for everyone it's good enough to compete
Keep in mind we also already have infrastructure, education and other advantages

Also their wages should keep rising and EU offers cheap labour too in the south and the east
>>
>>71651580
If we were next door neighbours no, but China just doesn't have the international capability to invade such foreign nations the same way the USA can
>>
>>71650595
fuck off to pol and don't come back
>>
>>71651637
they are currently increasing their influence in South Chinese sea. Only other thing they need is an reliable ASEAN ally who lets them build militarys bases, and an invasion of Australia becomes very possible
And keep in mind, I am not saying it to "banter" you, I genuinly think that Australian future looks a bit worrysome and am curious how Australiam people feel about it
>>
>>71651806
i wasn't considering it banter mate, i thought we were being legit. An invasion just doesnt seem to be the easiest way for them to do it.
>>
>>71651861
I am not saying that China actually will invade you, but if they had those capabilities, the realistic thread of invasion might be enough to force you to play ball with them and enter Chinese sphere of influence
>>
>>71651916

An economic union would be easier I would think weve nearly done it before and by the time China is influential enough to be a threat I wouldnt be surprised if we allied with them. We do have a positive reputation with them and a decent population of them. India is no real threat though theyve got other problems e.g. pakistan
>>
>>71651580
There are very few countries with any long-range power projection capability, basically only the U.S has any. Australia has more power projection capability than almost all of Asia, including China. It just lacks the population and will to do that much with it. Though population isn't the be all and end all if you have shit equipment against better equipment and when you're invading something. Actually landing in Australia would take quite a bit of force, our military is well-optimised for that purpose and then conquering and controlling it would be extremely costly. China and India could probably do it if they were willing to severely damage their economies, kill a lot of their people and destroy any semblance of international cooperation, for almost nothing. They're both big countries with plenty of their own resources too, who are largely moving towards tech industry. It's cheaper just to buy shit from us.
>>
>>71651967
I agree, you might profit from an Union with China.
But I see the danger of a Australian "Brexit" in future. Basically, Australian politicians and media scapegoating China, Australian people thinking they are better than the Chinese, which would make them to leave the union eventually.

>>71652080
please keep in mind that China is still a developing nation. Once the average Chinese is as productive as the average Australian, China will be stronger than USA and EU combined
>>
>>71651967
Assuming our politicians don't sperg (like they do 99% of the time) we will most likely just become closer with China. Then again, China doesn't really like having friends...they might just sperg out themselves.
>>
>>71650420
Get fucked, the lack of people here is the best thing about this place.
>>
>>71652159
>>71652197
Yes, the scapegoating already occurs and it is a serious concern. Though in some cases "scapegoat" is too strong, there are legitimate concerns and causes within that too. China and Chinese companies aren't exactly the most honest and endearing people. I think the demographics and political climate will be quite a bit different by that time, however.
>>
>>71652159
It depends on how well if we end up, were honestly one of the most greedy money hungry people on the planet. + Chinese are a significant part of the population

>>71652197
We do have the ground work for friendship with china and outside of the china sea and our relation with the US we have some of the best relations with china.
>>
File: breakfast bunch.jpg (31KB, 470x474px) Image search: [Google]
breakfast bunch.jpg
31KB, 470x474px
>>71649716
We're irrelevant, but special
>>
>>71652367
>were honestly one of the most greedy money hungry people on the planet.
then you might have something in common with Chinese people

>>71652331
2bh, I think, the sooner you enter an union with China, the stronger it makes your position and the more influence you will have there.
Because if you wait until they are fully developped, you will be just another 20 millions for a population of 1,3 billions and have zero influence.
So it might be in Australias best interest to strengthen its ties with China. Maybe, as you said, having a large Chinese diaspora will help you with that.
>>
>>71649716
>They are a completely irrelevant country
I don't see why thats a bad thing. We're isolated, have a low population, are 92% white, and the dangerous animals maymay keeps people from visiting and migrating.
>>
>>71653094
>92% white
lel
>>
>>71650385
>You will probably be the first breed of white people ruled by Asian overlords

Not that that statment is true regardless, but middle easterners are still asian so it'll probably be you before australia, actually
>>
>>71653207
look, I know /int/ is a very tongue-in-cheek board, but this thread is about serious discussion, so it would be kind of you to keep the memes out
>>
File: 1479335614704_-_Copy.jpg (71KB, 439x408px) Image search: [Google]
1479335614704_-_Copy.jpg
71KB, 439x408px
>>71653258
>china ruling australia isnt a meme
>>
>>71653298
It is only a matter of time.
I mean, it could be India or an ASEAN Union instead, but Australia wont stay allied with USA forever
>>
>population of 20 million
>they're all shitposting on 4chan
>>
File: Capture.png (38KB, 1368x375px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
38KB, 1368x375px
>>71653143
?
>>
But but we did some important stuff in the world right?
>>
Because they have the banterstamp and a history of involvement wherever Britain was involved so they have been involved in a lot of important shit
>>
>>71650385
white Australians barely reproduce, it's more likely that we'll become a melting pot
>>
>>71653362
your right about that relations with the usa have never really been seen as widely positive. Polls often show Australian opinion towards the USA as slightly more negative than positive. Even through out history weve had issues like ignoring our military advisors in vietnam.
>>
>>71653455
>tfw flowers crash your economy
>>
>>71653392
just like voting its required by law
>>
>>71653455
sure, you had some great empires
It is a real shame that you left the HRE, I bet with German economy and military to back you up, you would have been able to keep your colonies
>>
>>71653449
I count 14% nonwhite, and that's not including the nonwhites who put themselves down as "Australian".
>>
>>71649716
>So I just realized that Australia has only about 20 million inhabitants.
Didn't you go to school? Poor retard, you are dumber than a nigger.
>>
File: Capture2.png (19KB, 342x370px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
19KB, 342x370px
>>71653850
?
>>
>>71654426
Demographic statistics indicate that 85% is much more likely
>>
>>71650385
are you stupid?
>>
>>71654569
well, I am not Australian, so maybe I am missing some vital information in this situation. It is just my opinion as an outsider
>>
>>71650420
The bad thing is that bogans are the ones that have the most kids.

We need to bring in immigrants so the whole country doesn't get taken over by bogans.
>>
File: satellite-3d-map-of-australia.jpg (330KB, 850x640px) Image search: [Google]
satellite-3d-map-of-australia.jpg
330KB, 850x640px
>>71650528
like Namibia, most of Australia isn't really habitable
for instance everything but the south west corner of Western Australia only has people living there because of the mining industry and you literally need to drink a set amount of water each day to stay alive as a whitey
>>
File: Capture3.png (18KB, 1544x88px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
18KB, 1544x88px
>>71654526
25.9 + 25.4 + 7.5 + 6.4 + 3.3 + 3.2 + 1.4 + 1.2 + 15.3 + 2.7 (Approximate to about half since unspecified) = 92.3%
>>
>>71651264
Australia is one of the hardest countries to invade. There's ports all over the coast of the country, but there's literally nothing in between them making it a fucking nightmare to attack. The Japanese had a go at cracking into Darwin before they realised that there was no fucking point since there's a massive fucking desert between it and the next population center.
Obviously a country like China could manage if they really wanted to, but Australia has a very very strong relationship with America thanks to the our geographical importance and the effort it would take wouldn't be worth it. I also don't see any reason why the Chinese would invade, Australia has a finger in their pie thanks to the massive trade between the two.
>>
>>71650385
After the boomers die, I can imagine so

>I, for one, welcome our new Asian overlords
>>
>>71649716
>So I just realized that Australia has only about 20 million inhabitants.
You don't count kangaroo
>>
>>71653483
what the average australian thinks and what the government does in terms of foreign policy are very, very different things
>>
>>71649716
I wish I was live in Australia but severe fate...
>>
File: livable australia.jpg (881KB, 1000x854px) Image search: [Google]
livable australia.jpg
881KB, 1000x854px
The only places worth living in Australia are around the yellow circled parts.

Anything away from the yellow circles is kinda like the deep south of America and full of fucked up uneducated people who often have missing teeth.
>>
>>71654709
also to expand on this, just because a there's a bit of fauna doesn't mean the land is arable. To use WA as an example, the vast majority of the state (including Perth) is completely devoid of soil, whatever plant life is there has to grow on top of sand. That makes it difficult for crops and shit to grow compared to Europe. The same goes for the eastern states too.
>>
>>71655048
>townsville
most retarded name i ever heard for a city
>>
>>71655048
Brisbane has no right to be circled
>>
>>71655119
It's more of a rural hick town than a city.
>>
>>71649716
>>71650235
Also with cheap solar desalination tech combined with Graphene membranes, in the future, we will probably become a major food basket. Australia has the one resource which is currently short in supply around the world, land.
>>
>>71655156
Why's that?

I'm not trying to pick an argument I just genuinely want to hear your opinion as to why.
>>
>>71655164
>rural hick
it's tautology
>>
>>71655119
How about Wagga Wagga, Cockburn, Banana, Chinaman's Knob, Woolloomooloo, Dog Swamp, Goonoo Goonoo, Humpybong, Innaloo, Moolooloo or Tittybong?
>>
>>71655226
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwcQeaWG13E
>>
>>71655219
For added emphasis
>>
>>71655204
ever met a Queenslander?
>>
>>71655226
>>
>>71650974
In a scenario where 80 percent of those in the first world will become irrelevant to the economy as a result of automation and AI, which many are predicting to happen in the next 50 years, countries that have a lot of resources and a low population will stand to benefit the most. Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Northern Europe will be comfy as fuck in a post singularity scenario.
>>
>>71655259
I am one.

Perhaps that's the reason why I am biased but Brisbane isn't as bad as the rest of Queensland.

Kind'a ashamed how many Qlders voted for one nation though.
>>
>>71655315
Then you just need an experienced, highly technologically advanced and well funded military to fend off the rest of the world.
>>
>>71654526
We are experiencing an Asian invasion of some sort. Although we
Just need to maintain an 80 percent majority and we'll be fine.
>>
>>71655441
back to /pol/
>>
I actually think Pauline Hanson helps refugees.

Every time she talks on TV and every time her supporters have a rally it makes people who are pro refugee look smart by comparison.

I think because of her a lot more people are ashamed to publicly admit they dislike refugees coming here because they feel that opinion will associate them with Pauline Hanson's idiot followers.
>>
>>71655527
I didn't say it was a bad thing, just the truth. I'm fine with Asian migration, although nationalistic chinks that are still connected to the communist party need to gtfo.
>>
>>71655599
nationalists don't tend to leave china
>>
>>71655630
yes but their uprooted children born in australia will act nationalist afterwards just like muslims do elsewhere
source : all the obnoxious australian/canadian chinks on this board
>>
>>71655441
I personally like the Asian immigrants except for the Filipinos and Thai mail order brides.

They encourage their kids to go to school and become doctors and engineers which is a good change from the anti intellectual bogan culture.

It would be really nice though if they could stop speaking their native language at inappropriate times and writing signs and ads in their native language.
>>
As much as I worry about the future of this country, the rest of the world looks much bleaker in comparison.

This place is no utopia, we have a lot of room for improvement in many areas. I hope we can strive to achieve that over the next century and develop further as a nation.
>>
>>71655528
I had my local One Nation candidate in the WA state election show up at my house the other day and try to get me to vote for her. She seemed friendly enough, but as it turns out she thinks marriage equality is a nazi mind control plot
>>
>>71654868
If you add up the number of nonwhites born overseas it comes to over 8% of the population. When you include the number of nonwhites born here, that number will be much higher. This method is more reliable than counting up ancestry percentages as well because it doesn't include vague bullshit terms like "Australian".
>>
>>71655714
Are there literally any sensible political parties?
>>
>>71655714

She is from ipswich which is like a small ghetto town near brisbane.

The emergency ward in the hospital is always full of people who are overdosing on all kinds of shit.
>>
>>71655630
I attend Melbourne uni, and it common for Chinese students and the diaspora to have protests everytime there's a lecture by a critic of the communist party. Unfortunately many Fob mainlanders in Australia are still very protective of the very party that is fucking up their country and antagonising the region.
>>
>>71655759
unironically the liberals if you ignore the Cori Bernadi tier memes
>>
>>71655781
so basically the frankston of queensland
>>
>>71655788
literally never seen that here, but we seem to mostly get viets in WA and they're very good at assimilating
>>
>>71655788
My acupuncturist grew up during the Mao era, and even though she fled the country to escape the communists she still idolises Mao. Things are no different today really.
>>71655832
Viets are great, and it helps somewhat that their government is becoming somewhat pro Western. Plenty of my friends are Vietnamese diaspora, great people and great food.
>>
>>71655690
they don't really outside of 4chan

>>71655694
I don't have a problem with bogan culture. Bogans are generally friendly people and I much prefer it to the insular, unfriendly chinks. I grew up in a chink neighbourhood and you'd be forgiven for thinking that no one actually lived in any of the houses on the street.

I wouldn't mind the chinese too much if their kids weren't overwhelming betas who sit at home playing video games all day.
>>
>>71655798
Yes, but does it really surprise you that she is from somewhere like that?
>>
>>71655940
Not at all, she is a caricature of your standard bogan.
>>
>>71655781
apparently a viet is running her old fish and chips store now kek
I also just remembered this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E2ihEO8SO8
>>
>>71655910
Bogans are only friendly for a little bit.

They get pissed off easily, don't think rationally and like to fight.

Basically only bogans can be around other bogans for extended periods of time and actually put up with them.

They are friendly for if you only spend short periods of time with them.
>>
>>71655832
Second generation Viets are pretty based. Im more concerned about the FOB chink nationalists with communist ties coming to our country.
>>
>>71656090
Are the fuerdai buying up property in Melbourne and Sydney like they are in vancouver?
>>
>>71656139
Yes but the situation is not yet that extreme. We're not far off though.
>>
>>71656139
Sydney
>>
>>71656139
they co-bought a farm that's larger than Belgium a few months back
>>
>>71656223
That was blocked
>>
>>71656247
Nah, that was total ownership that was blocked. Instead they got to share it with Gina
>>
I bought a el cheapo car with rego from a bogan car dealership.

I didn't trust them at all and assumed they were dodgey the just because they were yobbos that spoke with the bogan accent.

I later discovered that they wound back the K's on the car and I wasn't even angry or surprised.

I just expected that from their bogan accents and such... Bogans may seem friendly but don't trust them.

I literally don't even car because them being bogan was enough reason to expect it in the first place and I was waiting for it.
>>
>>71656268
source
>>
>>71656035
Ahh fuck I miss the Chasers.
I still remember the shitstorm over the eulogy song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXHleozgQ18
>>
>>71649716
Yes, and they're also full.
>>
>>71656309
Damn they would've had a field day with the sort of shit that is happening these days
>>
>>71656300
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-09/s-kidman-and-co-sale-to-rinehart-approved/8106694
>>
>>71655727
not him but if you take that 8% of nonwhites born here, then consider even then that the largest group of foreign-born nonwhites (Chinese) are barely 1%, its hard to consider that all those groups of foreign-born nonwhites constitute an additional 7-8%
>>
>>71656309
I unironically get genuinely annoyed whenever someone criticises Don Bradman
>>
>>71656350
Basically they're investing in agricultural land (the beef will mainly be for the Chinese market because their own produce is so shit), we already have a surplus of both land and beef. I don't see what the problem is твн, apart from a kneejerk reaction against Chinese ownership of anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely against many of the sales we've made to them (particularly the lease of the port of Darwin), but Australia is a trading nation and has always thrived due to foreign investment.
>>
>>71656559
I never said I had a problem with it, I'm just stating the facts
>>
I must be in the twilight zone

Used to browse /int/ back in 2012-14 and just decided to come back. Anons taking "whiteness" of a country seriously and having autistic skirmishes over who's more white and nationalistic.
Now it's... more liberal I guess? Strange. I'm seeing this "fuck off, /pol/tard" phrase more often that I should to describe who I used to post with.
>>
>>71656578
Perhaps /int/ is eternally contrarian and it's a reaction against the general swing to the right across the West.
>>
Also those cash for scrap bogans.

They buy old cars from peoples yards and recycle them for money.

When they get cars with broken head gaskets they fix them up with chemiweld and sell them to tourists and people teenagers wanting cheap cars. The cars then blow up abou 15ks later.

When people complain and try ask for their money back they act angry and stand offish.
"Don't know what you're talking about mate, car was running fine when I had it. How do I know you didn't do something to that car!"

Sure a lot of bogans aren't like this but I find it's best to avoid them all unless you need a tradie is an easy way to stay safe.
>>
Even the tradies are dodgey.

They bury all their rubbish and shit under the ground when working on houses when instead of taking it to the bin.

"It's 3 ft under the ground what's the fucking problem".
>>
I've been to Australia last month. Nice country, but far from everywhere.
>>
>>71649716
>have only about 20 millions people
>"we are full"
>>
>>71656661
>>71656741
sounds like you spend too much time watching ACA mate
>>
>>71656578
/int/ has always been pro-white and anti-/pol/
>>
>>71650385
>austria
>muh white meme
>>>>>>>>>/pol/
>>
>>71656775
Or that I grew up in bogan places and even worked in ipswich for a bit.

These are things I have seen first hand.
>>
>>71656886
>ipswich
not really representative of the rest of the country
>>
>>71656637
Fighting for "whiteness" was always looked down upon across most forms of media and governments. But I guess with, as you said, the pendulum swinging to the right as a reaction more liberal anons have sought refuge here in this contrarian space.

>>71656784
Was it? I'm seeing pro-white comments getting conflated /pol/. Didn't see /pol/ mentioned much at all when I was browsing. I was on /vp/, /mu/ and /g/ for a long time when I was absent here.

Captcha: Chinkwell
>>
>>71656822
Proxy off.
>>
Another story from working as a bogan labourer in ipswich

One guy used to like to sit by himself on lunch and read books.

People used to give him shit because of that. "That cunt thinks he's too good for the res of us trying to be clever reading books and shit"

"Yeah, I know he is an antisocial dickhead".

I don't really understand why he can't do what he wants with his own lunch breaks. Bogan logic I guess.
>>
>>71656911
Well it is where bogans live.
>>
>>71650448
>national success isn't a matter of how "white" a nation is

Yes but in terms of both national success and liveability there's usually a strong correlation.
And multiculturalism isn't helping this country either. Housing conservatives from other nations to maintain their culture in little groups here isn't a very good unifying strategy. And regularly visiting Dandenong myself I can see the effects.
>>
>>71657169
multiculturalism is what keeps the country economically and poltically stable. There's a reason why there has been bipartisan support for it ever since the White Australia Policy was weakened by Menzies and Holt
>>
Chinks don't need to invade Australia. They will just become the new ruling class.
>>
>>71650286
Africa is the largest exporter of farming technology though.
>>
>>71657260
>multiculturalism is what keeps the country economically and poltically stable

I don't believe that. The notion of having foreigners come here and try as hard as you to get them to not assimilate into the country is not something I see as a politically viable strategy to keep things "stable".
I can only see culture clashes and a more divided country in the future.
>>
Another story about bogans..

Worked with a country music hick in ipswich.

The kind that puts all this stupid shit all iver their utes.. (Had a landcruiser ute done like this) he was talking about what he did on the weekend.

"One of the hunting dogs had a litter of puppies so I got to shoot and bury them" saying it like he actually enjoyed it.

One guy replies "couldn't you have talen them to rspca or something"

He goes "No point they were just mongrels, more fun this way" like they aren't even living things.

This same guy liked to brag about going to brothels and getting in pub brawls.

Also he'd talk about hunting dogs that he had to kill because they got hurt by wild boars and such like they were just a table or a set of tools or something.

Bogans are whats wrong with Australia.
>>
>>71657505
good thing you and your economic illiteracy is not in charge of the country
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 473x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 473x311px
>>71657560
Forgot picture.

His country music landcruiser ute had all this kinda Bulbars and shit on it.
>>
>>71657560
>>71657051
>>71656661
These are just Queenslanders, bogans everywhere else are better
>>
>>71657580
likewise
>>
>>71657618
I don't know anout that. I went to mount druitt once and it all felt really familiar.
>>
It's 4am on a monday, cunts

Get the fuck to sleep
>>
>>71657902
2:40 am in qld.
>>
>>71657260
The white policy only worked when there was no opportunities in Europe post WW2 and Europeans couldn't find jobs in their own countries so they emigrated to Latin America, Australia/NZ or
North America. During the 70s, Europe went through boom times and I don't think the avg European wanted to migrate to some far away land like Australia, even with the promise of better wages. Australia back then was a cultural backwater , compared to Europe.
>>
>>71658037
whoa timezones are really crazy huh whoaaaahhhhhh so interesting
>>
>>71658093
all wrong
>>
>>71658093
It still kind of is a cultural backwater though.

As much as I wouldn't want to live anywnere else.
>>
>>71653678
We had no choice because of the Spanish.
>>
>>71649716
It's basically Canada Island
>>
they want recognition for idk
mass producing sheep or something
>>
>>71649716
>Why do we all treat Australia as if they were a real, important country that actually matters?
not really. they are the posters who japanese here talk with the most since both are in almost the same timezone. noting more and less. tho recently most of them seem to be ABC.
>>
>>71658967
Except the people are cunts instead of obnoxiously polite so it's better
>>
>>71649716
it really is a provincial shithole
>>
>>71660351
I can tell you have been here.
>>
>>71650752
How is the German desertec project in the Sahara going?
I haven't heard news lately
>>
>>71658093
You could get millions of European immigrants if you weren't so strict.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.