[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americans tip? Are they mug? >Mug British slang for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Why do Americans tip? Are they mug?

>Mug
British slang for a fool or someone who will do anything for you if you just ask such open the door, run the shop for you etc
>>
>>71642096
It's really retarded.

>We need to tip some people for doing their job, but not others

I never tip.
>>
Why do Brits come up with such retarded slang terms
>>
>>71644156
So that they can inflate their own vocabulary and not rely on anglicized French words.
>>
File: 1415488938620.png (260KB, 497x458px) Image search: [Google]
1415488938620.png
260KB, 497x458px
>when this Uber driving bitch thinks I'm going to tip them
>>
>>71644156
bloody chunder, they're a right lot of spanners
>>
it originated from faggot employers trying to get away with underpaying their servers
>>
>>71644260
Wait, is Uber tipping a thing in the US? My exact reason why I like it is that I don't have to have cash on me if I need to go somewhere in Bratislava. I can see the point with US service stuff who are paid Slovak-like wages in a much richer country, but most Uber drivers here have other jobs and Uber si just a side thing. I met a prigrammer who probably makes 4x the avg. wage who drives Uber because of human contact as he works at home.
>>
>>71642096
mug is not an adjective
>>
>>71647574
Man honestly you hear stories of workers being really aggressive to tourists there.

If a easier ran after me and complained that he got no top I'd tell him to fuck off I'm Australian. Go join a union and get a decent wage, don't try and mug me because your system is shit
>>
>>71648222
I fon't get the concept. An employer should pay his employees, no? Here it is customary to tip IF you are satisfied with the service and even then you just round the price higher, no "xx percent bullshit", the bill was 5.80, and you bought the food to me quickly and it was tasty, you can take 6 euro. Supporting poor waiters you say? Well, everyone in this country is poor compared to Americans, the waiters are not really worse off than anyone else, and most customers can barely afford whatever they are buying. A "everyone needs a tip" is for countries with fat disposable incomes, most people here don't earn enough to give charity to some restaurant staff. Round the price if the service was really good, but nothing more,.
>>
>>71642096

Mugs is what you mean, it is always used as a plural my French friend
>>
>>71642096
Someone has to keep your family afloat by tipping your mom
>>
>>71648649
Yeah idk the only real top I can remember leaving was like a meal cost about 88 and I parted for it with a 100 but I was buying my mum a meal with the money from my new job so hey. Food was shit actually
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.