[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trv/fag here. Should I go to Peru or Ecuador? I'm going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (5KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 190x265px
/trv/fag here.

Should I go to Peru or Ecuador? I'm going to buy a ticket on Friday, after I get paid. Planning to spend two or three weeks in whichever place I pick.

I already have confirmed flights to Mexico and Tanzania in June and July, respectively, but want to take another short trip to South America after the semester ends in early May. Already have a thread in /trv/ up, but figured I'd ask here, too. Occasionally some good ideas break through the memes.

Fug, I remember /b/ even once gave me stellar travel advice.
>>
Peru I think is safer and also the easiest to get good coke apparently
>>
I would recomend visiting Perú over Ecuador, but I am probably no the best person to ask.

Bump, I guess.
>>
>>71519313
>>71519319

Not too into drugs, DESU.

Peru seems like the safer bet as well as the country with a more established tourist infrastructure. I'm tempted towards Ecuador, though, because I have $90 in JetBlue credit which expires on Saturday. Apparently JetBlue flies to Quito for $450 but rarely has fares from Detroit to Lima for less than $600.

reeeeee
>>
The falklands
>>
Quito seems nice.
>>
>>71519255
Why not both?
>>
>>71519444

Nice trips.

Keep forgetting that Quito is located so far above sea level.

Seems like the fares have changed yet again. I guess I'll just see how much money I have between my paychecks and figure it out on Friday. If I can't comfortably afford one fare versus the other, I'll book my leg from MEX to JFK and then figure out Ecuador or Peru next week.
>>
>>71519345
Ecuador is as safe as Peru, maybe even more
>>
>>71519470

Good question.

Realistically, I probably could do both. I make about $1,500 per month in freelance writing income. I'd prefer working an extra month after Peru or Ecuador to ensure that I have a cushion before setting off to Mexico and Tanzania. Think I'd be more comfortable that way.

Plus, summer where I live is pretty nice. I want to take some camping trips and ride my motorcycle.
>>
>>71519480

Nice. Didn't know what to make the situation.

Went to Colombia in 2015. Kind of tempted to go back, but I guess I'd like to see a new place instead.
>>
>>71519521
Where did you go to?
>>
File: IMG_0127.jpg (308KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0127.jpg
308KB, 1143x857px
>>71519585

Bogota, Medellin, Santa Marta, some town in the mountains, and a couple of other small places. It was only a three- or four-wee trip.

I actually liked Bogota a lot.
>>
>>71519664
>>71519585
ColombiaAnon is from Medellin if I recall correctly.
>>
File: IMG_0126.jpg (523KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0126.jpg
523KB, 1632x1224px
>>71519701

Surely there can't be just one ColombiaAnon?
>>
>>71519701
Just the butthurt one.

There's also a rabid boyaco at large out there
>>
>>71519664
>I actually liked Bogota a lot.
wew

And well this is pretty diverse country so if you want to go come back here there are many other things to see

>>71519701
How do you know that?

>>71519731
kek, no, there is a fucking lot, but i guess most colombians here are from Medellin
>>
>>71519255
Peru, the people are nice and there's beautiful places if you like sightseeing.
>>
>>71519748
Let me guess, you're from Bogota or the coast
>>
>>71519757
I've browsed /int/ long enough to know you guys apart.
>>
I would go to Ecuador. I don't really know why, but i think i would enjoy it more.
>>
>>71519819

Yeah. I guess I just don't know which I'd like. I'm sure I'd have fun either way.

So far I've gathered:

Peru:

>Inca Trail
>Machu Picchu
>assorted ruins
>rainforest
>QT-ier girls compared to Ecuador
>cheap

Ecuador:

>more laid back people
>better infrastructure
>eco-tourism
>less QT girls compared to Peru
>cheap

wew, guess I don't really know what to do.
>>
>>71519870
Ecuador has qt girls compared to Peru, everyone in this continent knows that Peruvian and Bolivian girls are ugly as hell
>>
>>71519870
If you want to see those ruins and travel through the country, Peru would be your choice. Ecuador would be better for going on vacation, i suppose.
>>
>>71519905

Huh. Everything I've read has suggested the opposite in terms of women.

Not traveling just to get laid, though. I seriously just don't know fuck about either country.

>>71519909

What do you mean?

I don't have any particular purpose. I've traveled enough that seeing "stuff" isn't too important to me, unless it's a huge monument or ruin I can't miss. Mostly just want to meet some interesting people, get my Spanish a bit better, enjoy good food, and have a few little adventures.
>>
>>71519944
I know that there are 2 Peru Anons that use /int/ but I don't think I've seen an Equador Anon yet.
>>
>>71519944
I mean that i see Peru as a good cunt for tourism and going on expedition to see Machu Pichu, Inca ruins and so. If you wanna meet people and try new kinds of food, i'd say Ecuador.
It's not like i've been in any of these cunts tho.
>>
>>71519986
he's on /sp/ right now (or probably left)
>>
>>71519870
As far as I know Peru also has some really great food.
>>
>>71519987

Leaning towards Ecuador for that reason, honestly.

Would be nice to take a trip and not be surrounded by drunken Australian backpackers.
>>
>>71520045

Really? Fug.

Food in Central and South America is all over the place. Costa Rica and Colombia both had shit-tier food, where as grub in Nicaragua was great. I expect Mexico to be fantastic, too.
>>
>>71520055
What's wrong with drunken Australian backpackers?
>>
>>71519313
actually Peru is the less safe of the two
but it also means Ecuador is boring and hipster-y

>>71519255
i think your budget is good enough to cover Guayaquil to Arequipa?
just don't go to Cuzco and all that overrated shit, you'll be overcharged
from what i heard Macchu Pichu is more and more expensive by the day due to their "7th modern wonder" status
>>
>>71520101
You don't want to know
>>
>>71520101
Southeast asia is a hellhole because of them
>>
>>71520117

How much would that cost?

Not really sure what my budget is yet. Depends on how much I can save from now until the beginning of May. Trying to avoid spending tons of money. However, I will have a few hundred dollars coming in every week from my writing work.
>>
>>71520190
>>71520208
Explain
>>71520224
What do you write?
>>
>>71520258

>dress like peasants and spend all day drinking from sun-up to sun-down
>generally loud, obnoxious, and self-centered

Aussies and Israelis are the worst tourists. Not saying they're all bad, by any stretch, but the average skews towards worse.

I write for a blog, a magazine, and occasionally help some small businesses out with creating advertisements. I make decent money for only working 8 or 9 hours per week.
>>
>>71520224
>How much would that cost?
not really sure, but because you mention "i have weeks for this" you could take the train and save on plane tickets? or who knows, maybe rent a car or bike
just saying that Northern Peru and Ecuador are accessible and prettier than spending all your cash on Southern Peru. but then you won't be able to brag that you saw what Peru is famous about. it's up to you
about Peru being less safe... well i heard some shit from a Lima guy i met. just agree to the locals' bribe fees and you'll be safe
>>
>>71520402

I'll probably stick to buses and trains unless I'm on the opposite side of the country and need to fly to catch my flight home.

Would love to rent a bike, but I have no idea what prices might be in Peru or Ecuador. I remember rentals in Nicaragua were about $20 per day for a 200 or 300cc Japanese enduro bike.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.