/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How common is mental illness in your country? Are you officially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: 1482276976233.jpg (774KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482276976233.jpg
774KB, 1080x1080px
How common is mental illness in your country?
Are you officially diagnosed with anything?

I've been diagnosed with cyclothymia and mild autistic personality traits. It does affect my productivity quite noticeably.

I've also noticed, that for some weird reason, the people I find alot in common with/friends are also quite wacky.

All three girls I've been attracted to had some sort of a mental disorder, as it turned out evetually.

Is it just me or bipolar/depressed/manic people mutually attract?
>>
I know it's not you, but I like your profile picture.
>>
>>71484062
>bipolar/depressed/manic people mutually attract?
they do and it can be quite messy
>>
>>71484062
Yeah I'm somewhat autistic, depressed, and anxious. Of the anxiety I suffer randomly from panic attacks or mild bouts of it normally.

After taking psychadelic drugs tho, all of these things became increased exponentially and now I don't even feel normal anymore.

No doubt it'll go away but the road to recovery seems long and perilous.
>>
I have tourettes, adhd and ocd. Officially diagnosed (like 17 years ago) by the man who is now head of psychiatry for a region of like half a million people
>>
File: shizune-c.jpg (181KB, 1643x1127px) Image search: [Google]
shizune-c.jpg
181KB, 1643x1127px
>>71484062
mental illnesses are a social construct

just b urself
>>
>>71484062
Almost everyone can be diagnosed with a mental disorder.

Seriously if you can go through the DSM with a psychologist and not get a diagnosis with something by the end maybe something is wrong with you...
>>
>>71484127
This way I end up with batshit crazy impulsive girls almost always.

Idk why, just that I am a mood swinging, pattern-searching anxious fucklord myself.
>>
>>71484062
That's why one of the main criterions is social impairment or severe subjective discomfort.

You see, I've had periods, where I couldn't go anywhere, because in my lows I had such severe anxiousness, that I would feel physically ill. Also depression.

I've convinced myself that I had verious forms of cancer and rare diseases, all of which turned out to be non-existant.

When I switch to phase, where I instead feel insanely motivated, but highly impulsive, hard to concentrate and angry.

And it goes round and round like a see-saw.

This is the real cyclothymia.
>>
>>71484171
Was replying to you.
My mistake.
>>
>>71484062
I was diagnosed with homosexuality and pedophilia.
My bf was diagnosed with gerontophilia
>>
>>71484062
Diagnosed with type-2 Bi-polar disorder.
>>
>>71484062
>How common is mental illness in your country?
Probably no more than average.

>Are you officially diagnosed with anything?
No, but I'm fucked up in many ways.

>Is it just me or bipolar/depressed/manic people mutually attract?
They do, certain types of people attract eachother.
>>
>>71484062
I was diagnosed with assburgers roughly 5 years ago. I hate it.
>>
>>71484062
I don't have any of those things but I do have anxiety, and I seem to magically attract these kinds of people even though I don't tell many people that I have anxiety.
>>
I don't have anything like what you have described.
When I was in the hospital it was suspected I might have autism but the case was dropped.
I'm talkative and can communicate very well,but I lack friends for some reason.(Really close ones)
>>
>>71484062
>bipolar/depressed people attract one another

Correct and the result is an extraordinarily toxic relationship
>>
>>71484062
idk but i like traps
>>
>>71486633
Tha's okay, anon
Have you ever heard about bacha bazies?
>>
>>71486976
its that Afghanistan thing right
>>
>>71486987
Yes, it's totally okay to like them
>>
>>71484168
b confident bro
>>
Do you classify depression as a mental illness?
>>
>>71488152
isn't it more like a symptom of some other function going wrong?
>>
>>71484062
pretty socially retarded, but I never got diagnosed

my mum thought the doctors would "take me away" or something, reckon she was a bit off herself
>>
The US went from virtually no mental illness to everyone being diagnosed with something. This is what happens when people want to sell something.
>>
>>71484062
>mental illness
No such thing
Just give those faggots a good beating with a stick until they grow up
>>
havent been diagnozed with anything because my social anxiety prevents me from seeing a doc. I could probably get on some welfare and meds but just thinking about breaking my routines and bypassing certain rituals almost give me a panic attack so i'll just keep on working and pretending to be normal until i one day snap and slit my throat or something.
>>
>>71488496
>being so autistic that your own autism stops you from collecting autismbux
This is the saddest thing i have read in a while
>>
>>71484062
common..ish. alcoholism-induced dementia is the most common, yet people keep thinking the man (usually) is possessed by an evil spirit or something
no, the doctors and psychologists never agreed with what the fuck is wrong with me desu
supposedly i have bipolar disorder type II, but drugs did nothing. other said i just have avoidant personality disorder. meh
opposites attract, i noticed
also we're at 4chan. it obviously attracts a certain kind of people in

>>71484171
yeah but the point is that it's only a disorder when the person can't function at all. which is the case of many """"autists"""" and NEETs here
>>
>>71484062
>how common is mental illness in your country?
Probably not any different than most 1st world countries.

>are you diagnosed with anything?
Depression my dude, that's why I shit post.

>do depressed people attract?
Probably, I see lots of mentally ill couples.
>>
btw i saw (classical) autists IRL and they're nothing like you lot. y'all be actually schizoid or avoidant personalities
i want to believe (but it's probably not true) that """""autism""""" word as used as 4chan comes from "autism mode", a term in Ghost in the Shell when the computer brain cuts all communications from central and only takes information from the self ("autos" in greek). but who knows? maybe some oldfag
>>
Diagnosing with mental illnesses is tricky.Technically all religious people have schizophrenia for example
>>
Yes, I have OCD
>>
File: IMG_9564.jpg (195KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9564.jpg
195KB, 2560x1600px
>>71484062
Netherlands Mental Health Survey and Incidence Study's results said that like 42,7% of the respondents had mental issues of some sorts.
No but I'm deranged
Not me, although when I was younger I thought the same about this.
>>
It's pretty common, we live in Poland after all. 1/4 people are sick, rest wasn't diagnosed yet.
Paranoid schizophrenia here.
>>
File: IMG_9565.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9565.png
78KB, 282x300px
>>71489457
>technically all religious people have schizophrenia for example
Religious experiences=/=religious people. Religious people believe because they have been lied to, they can't help it.
>>
>>71484062
Alcoholism
>>
>>71489457
Religious people are naive, I once wanted to stab someone to drink his blood because I had a delusion that I'm a vampire. This is different, I think.
>>
>>71489656
I've been diagnosed as depressed and having some sort of delusion. The latter is a bullshit diagnosis at least for the most part.
>>
>>71489457
>>71489628
if you're psychoanalyst you can argue that religious people are a mass of neuroticism instead
it's funny how the most "devote" people are also the wickedest, real pieces of harassing shit

>>71489656
it's different. religious "delusion" *tips fedora* is more about compensation and trusting on the archetypal Mother than about actually having supernatural things happening to you
>>
>>71489677
Sorry, don't know why I replied to you polan.
>>
>>71488152
Yes, it's a mental illness
>>71489679
Aye.
>>71489687
It's ok
>>
>>71484062
Yes, everyone here is autistic.
>>
I've heard voices since I was 12, but it's never really bothered me so much that I would tell anyone
Sometimes I can't sleep or sometimes the voices are so loud that it kind of hurts, but overall I know that they are not real and that they come from inside me and not outside
>>
>>71484171
What is "normal"?
>>
I have been diagnosed with Australitus. Which means I have to shitpost on 4chan all day.
>>
>>71484062
depression is a national sport
>>
>>71490721
https://www.boundless.com/psychology/textbooks/boundless-psychology-textbook/psychological-disorders-18/introduction-to-abnormal-psychology-90/defining-normal-and-abnormal-343-12878/

ps: fuck you Hiro
>>
>>71490653
I hear voices both from outside and inside my head, sometimes I cannot tell if someone said something to me or if it was imagined
>>
File: Victor Zsasz.jpg (19KB, 187x240px) Image search: [Google]
Victor Zsasz.jpg
19KB, 187x240px
>>71484168
This guy agrees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Szasz#.22Myth_of_mental_illness.22

So naturally they named a Batman villain after him.
>>
>>71490888
don't call me Hiro, Pedro.
>>
>>71484062

you are the product of a normal man that sticks his dick in crazy
>>
>>71490987
i didn't call (You) Hiro
so, what did you learn from your reading?
>>
>>71484168
I highly disagree

although the accusation of mental illness has always been used to smear a political opponent.

like with all isms
>>
>>71488400
words of a mentally ill person
>>
I don't think mental illness is that common around here. Maybe we're more likely to be on the autism spectrum, but that's about it.
Though the overwhelming majority of the population suffer from delusions.
Personally, I'm autistic. Diagnosed and all. Sometimes it's nice, but a lot of the time I really wish I'd either just been born normal or not born at all.
>>
>>71491007
That the definition of "normal" and "abnormal" is very ambiguous at best. One could be seen as "normal" in one setting while "abnormal" in another.
>>
>>71484062
Don't know how common. I probably have slight bipolar and autism. The manic combined with autism can make me quite productive in some periods - like manically learning a language or solving a math puzzle never getting bored or losing the nerve and then depressed and autistic make me crash both productively and socially, withdrawing from everything for a short while.
>>
>>71491069
not only that, it's an ongoing discussion because most health workers equate "normal" with "healthy". so far the best they can come up with is that "normal" = "able to function within his social context and enviroment", and it's such a broad concept that it can be abused to give new untested drugs to "not-normals" that for example are against their president or who knows what other "maladaptation"

ps to the admin: サーバーアカウントを払え、ヒロアホ
>>
>>71488400
I'm not sad but I suffer from hallucinations and delusions, how will you explain this? It's chemical imbalance in the brain thus mental illness, debilu zasrany.
>>
lots of weebs here
>>
>>71484062
Various forms of depression are very common, often exacerbated by winter and the accompanying lack of sunlight.

Yeah, see above. I have a prescription to improve my mood, which works, but various other abilities have declined, such as memory, ability to focus, etc.
>>
Afaik the genetic predisposition towards schizophrenia is about three times as common in Finland (3% of the population) vs its occurrence in the world in general due to inbreeding among Karelians.

Personally I have not been diagnosed with anything but I have many of the personality traits associated with schizotypal personality disorder
>>
>>71493641
PURE
KARELIAN
GENES
>>
>>71493641
>>71494072
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgtpS4LuE9U
>>
File: 1486176994804.png (368KB, 495x433px) Image search: [Google]
1486176994804.png
368KB, 495x433px
Mental illness isn't real you fucking fags
>>
>>71494366
>>71491204
kys
>>
File: 1486177670876.png (633KB, 585x612px) Image search: [Google]
1486177670876.png
633KB, 585x612px
>>71488152
Depression isn't a real, it just means you don't have a correct way to direct your sexual and violent (masculine) energy

depression in women is caused by attempting to appropriate masculine roles, rather than accepting the inherent emptiness and weakness they were created with (femininity)
>>
Asians in general are insane. Koreans meanwhile take it a step further.
>>
>>71484062
Diagnosed with major depressive disorder when I was 16.

Unlike the snowflakes in this thread, I was
>Diagnosed after years with mental health professionals

I'm good now though. Interestingly enough, I would largely attribute hard drugs to my recovery. They really "jumpstartred" my brain. I literally got serotonin poisoning.
>>
>>71494414
just stop
>>
File: 1460236740679.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1460236740679.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>71494580
>>
>>71484062
Not too sure. Where I'm from though at Upstate, Seasonal Effectve Disorder was pretty common
Aspergers and severe anxiety.
With aspergers, I've been diagnosed since I was four, but didn't actually find out until my dad told me 8 years ago.That would make sense for why I went to a different class from other kids though.
For severe anxiety, I was diagnosed 8 months ago and take pills for it. My dad and youngest brother have that as well, but unlike me they have anger issues as well. Another factor is from truama from when my dad beat me as a kid. I didn't really think anything of it, but my dad ctually apologized to me for that a few years ago.
>>
people itt saying depression isn't real, but wasn't it just discovered that depression is an inflammation of the brain?
>>
>>71495241
>is an inflammation of the brain
lol wuut?
[needs citation]
>>
>>71490974
>based opinion
>batman reference
I love you lithuania, full homo
>>
>>71484062

Diagnosed with OCD and Bipolar and ADHD. Everyday is a struggle. It's like you're cursed or something.
>>
>>71496913
There's a lot of speculation in the air, deifinitely an interesting possibility

http://www.medicaldaily.com/does-inflammation-cause-depression-growing-evidence-suggests-immune-system-may-396048
http://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/brain_inflammation.html
https://bebrainfit.com/brain-inflammation-depression/
>>
>>71503172
>tfw brain to big too fit in skull
>>
>>71484211
surprised this thread is still alive.
iktfb if you're here. i'm the same (no official diagnosis but definitely an """interesting""" person.) i took some time off after my last trainwreck relationship to reflect & get my head in a better space.
>>
I'm self-diagnose (after reading symptoms online and some credible medic books) that I'm a Bipolar and has a short span of attention.
>>
>>71499022
do indians actually have money to go get diagnosed for these memes etc?

made me ponder desu
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.