[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup lads, I'm getting ready to travel to Bournemouth to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_6783.jpg (3MB, 3661x2451px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6783.jpg
3MB, 3661x2451px
Sup lads, I'm getting ready to travel to Bournemouth to spend some months working in the UK and learning english.

Is southern England a nice place? Are the ppl cool?

Also expat thread
>>
>>71479304
bump
>>
I've recently been desperate enough to consider southern England; the climate might be warm enough and they probably speak English there

Are there any decently paid coder jobs around there?
>>
>living anywhere in England

Should live in Scotland instead

Get paid more
Cost of living is less
96%white
Less crime
Less poverty
Better looking landscape
>>
bournemouth is kind of boring, but nice enough I suppose. what kind of job? what stuff are you into?

>>71480237
of course there are hanz, indeed.co.uk
>>
>>71480377
Who the hell understands scottish ppl talking?
>>
>>71480410
>of course there are hanz, indeed.co.uk
>>>
> Anonymous 02/22/17(Wed)01:04:11 No.71480509 ▶
>>>71480377
Anything, im studying to become public servant and just wanna experience living in Britain before settling. Cooking, waiter, hotel..
>>
>>71480509
>Not speaking with the greatest accent in the world
>>
>>71480532
OK is there any reason for Bournemouth specifically? You probably will be able to get a job there I guess, and it's smaller/comfier than London, but it's kind of random
>>
>>71480592
Because its comfy and more quiet than London, has lots of hotels, is close to Gatwick. I could also settle for Portsmouth, Poole or something like that. I also looked at the rent price of other cities and was really high. Any advice on other places?
>>
>>71480662
Blackpool maybe
rents cheap because it's a disgusting shithole but it's a semi-popular holiday destination so there's lots of restaurants and B&B's to work in
>>
>>71480662
>close to Gatwick
it's closer to Bristol than Gatwick
>>
>>71480377
>less poverty
Is this what they teach in Scottish schools?
>>
>>71480410
Thanks, I'm surprised there actually are tech jobs in a city of ~ 100k ppl, even though a lot of them seem to be just 25-35 k/year

Would 40+k /year be enough to live comfortably in / around London? Comfortable meaning 35+ m2, easy parking, next to public transit, not in someone's basement, more urban than suburban... I've heard some wild anecdotes about middle class people in London living in 10 m2 rooms in shared accommodations etc...
>>
>>71480824
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/
>>
>>71480814
It's true because the cost of living here is so much less
>>
>>71480756
>Blackpool
Come on man im not moving to a random city far away from everything, cold rainy and all
>>
>>71480662
don't listen to this guy obviously lol >>71480756
brighton, portsmouth, southampton, any of the medium size towns between them and london would be fine too. that's just my opinion though as a homecountiesfag.

>>71480824
yeah you'd be fine. maybe shared house with other professionals to save money on housing in central London. There will be that kind of job all over the UK though, I don't know why you thought there wouldn't be lol
>>
>>71482138
bournemouth is actually "nicer" than anything I suggested btw. and you'll find it way easier to get a job there than say, Brighton. So you might want to completely disregard my suggestions, but really anywhere in the SE is fine (Hants/Berks/Oxon/Surrey/Sussex >> the others)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.