[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the american education system is so fucked up that child

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: SpellingBee_Page_1[1].jpg (209KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SpellingBee_Page_1[1].jpg
209KB, 1600x1600px
>the american education system is so fucked up that children that can spell things correctly are considered literal geniuses
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling_bee

Your thoughts?
>>
File: 1482174853095.gif (474KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1482174853095.gif
474KB, 450x253px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afBYrJRLq9U

what exactly was the point of this thread
>>
>>71439196
Banter, my good friend.
It always is.

And apparently me learning something I'm not going to like about my country.
>>
why would you spell a bee?
>>
>>71439196
Wait a second, that's still an American contest though.
>>
>>71439331
its actually Indian. Very surprised that you find spelling contests for children worth getting butthurt over
>>
>>71439419
Shouldn't be I be bothered that in my country, spelling them decently earns you get patted on the back for being able to keep up with the other children, while in the US, doing that apparently gets you your dick sucked and you paraded as a little genius on TV.
Very unfair you see.
>>
I never understood this part when watching American series as a child.
>>
>english language is so fucked up that being able to spell is considered to be a distinguished skill
>>
File: 1480072812097.jpg (21KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1480072812097.jpg
21KB, 288x288px
>>71439498
land of OPPORTUNITY
that little shitty speller was given an opportunity to farther his entire life by being good at SPELLING
your joke of a country cant even compete LOL
>>
The english language is a phonetic clusterfuck I understand those poor children.
>>
>>71439512
It isn't really about spelling, but more about teaching the kids competitiveness
>>
>>71439689
>your joke of a country cant even compete LOL
Heh, wait for it, (here it comes by the way), uh so you mean compete at being retarded?
Uh, nope, sorry. Try your luck with some other country.
>>
>>71439774
thats what sports are for
>>
It's not because of their education system, it is because English is retarded as fuck. It is basically a pidgin that has no pronunciation rules.
>>
at least they're not fr*nch
>>
>>71439843
>english is the only language to have exceptions in spelling conventions
>>
>>71439873
RAINBOW WARRIOR'd
Ready for the second one already?
This time we'll be banning your butter and meat for real though.
>>
>>71439834
not all kids are good at sports
>>
>>71439843
English contains the biggest vocabulary of any language ever by a fair margin. Flexibility in the rules is a good thing so more words can be created with less letters.
>>
>>71440173
Kek
>>
>>71440000
nice digits you smelly subhuman
>>
>>71440297
Glad I couldn't be argued out of here.
>>
>>71439947
Other languages have conventions. English has no conventions whatsoever when it comes to pronunciation, you can only memorize.
>head, bed
Vowel pronounced the same
>speak, spear
Differently
How can you determine the correct way to pronounce it? You can't, you can only memorize. Why is that so? Because English is a pidgin language, which got extended way out of what it was supposed to do and became a Frankenstein's monster.
>>
>>71439082
Have you ever been in an english spelling bee final round? it's heavy shit nigga
>>
>>71439082
>>71439196

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGdCeMayUjk

Best spelling bee.
>>
>>71440173
>English contains the biggest vocabulary of any language ever by a fair margin.
Yeah, it happens when you just mindlessly borrow words.
>Flexibility in the rules is a good thing so more words can be created with less letters.
That's the opposite of what happens.
>'Though', 'beautiful'
Less letters my ass
>>
>>71440721
At least our language sounds nice.
There are barely any unpleasant sounding consonants or digraphs
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.