[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that Amerivan products are a status symbol in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

Is it true that Amerivan products are a status symbol in foreign countries?
>>
Not here, sounds like a thrid world country thing
>>
iphone is
hummers are a sign of you are a gangster running prostitutes
other than that not alot of american things are in fashion
>>
>>71435999
yes, richest man in neighborhood bought burger, was found beaten to dead in morning :/
>>
yes, G.I. Joe figures are highly sought after and are believed to contain the spirits of powerful, ancient warriors
>>
>>71435999
No
>>
yes, kraft mayo is mixed with holy water in the elite catholic churches
>>
No, they are generally considered lower quality than Japanese, German, British or Nordic products.
>>
YES!
You should see the looks you get from people as the train stops outside of London. Really noticeable. People get on at the provincial stops and you'll see them constantly eyeing your cup of Starbucks, or McDonalds chips like you or I would look at a Bugatti. Similar to wearing a formal suit I guess, in terms of how people will treat you on the street. (Assumed to be posh/fancy)
>>
>>71435999
>status
Janteloven m8
>>
>>71435999
iPhones maybe
Dumb American mega pickup trucks are mainly a symbol of "money with no education"
>>
>>71435999
Of course yes
American products are known for being high quality, while Chinese products (and Korean products lately) are known for being crap
>>
>>71435999
Nothing is a symbol of status here. Maybe amongst wannabe american city people or chinks there might be but for the rest of us, the very concept is ridiculed.
>>
>>71436248
>American products
implying those products aren't made in china
people will instantly assume it's shit if it says "made in china" they will not think something that comes from an american company but is made in china, is good.

I don't even think there are any american products lol.
>>
Literally everything good and humane in this world comes from Europe, Japan, and South Korea.
If the Americans make something good, they will instantly try to use it to exploit and hurt people.
>>
File: 1448529331043.jpg (38KB, 607x162px) Image search: [Google]
1448529331043.jpg
38KB, 607x162px
Is it true that European genetics are a status symbol in the united states ?
>>
>>71436372
Yeah, but American design is far superior to Chinese and Korean design
Look at tech for example
I don't even use Apple because their platform is too restrictive and their storage is pathetic, but I don't deny that Apple products are far superior in quality than the crap made in Korea and China that I use
>>
>>71435999
I always buy new pair of new balances from aliexpress, also XIAOMI is considered better than iPhone here mostly because it is 4 times cheaper with the same parameters.
>>
>>71435999
if the statement is "i am poor and still waste money in crappy products" then yes, mayeb it is over here.
>>
File: 308040.jpg (29KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
308040.jpg
29KB, 225x350px
>>71436501
>also XIAOMI is considered better than iPhone here mostly because it is 4 times cheaper
>>
>>71436394
>South Korea
Their products are crap
>Japan
Products used to be great, now they are good
>Europe
Germany Italy and France are great, the rest of Europe makes nothing

Also your logic for USA applies for all nations
Just admit that Americans make great products as well, don't be a typical salty yuro
>>
>>71436489
>everything made in Korea/China

>HURDUR IT SAYS "designed in California" ON IT SO IT MUST BE AMAZING QUALITY
>>
File: 1420053874461.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1420053874461.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>71436659
>when a kiwi responds to you
>>
>>71436659
what products are you even talking about?
>>
>>71436461
Only if they aren't Irish, Southern European, Jewish or Eastern European. Also, any non white ancestory negates everything.
>>
>>71436720
American design is consistently far superior to Chinese and Korean design, and this is coming from someone who rarely buys American products and mostly buys Chinese and Korean
Coincidentally American products I have bought are of much higher quality than any product from China and Korea
Maybe /pol/ was right after all, Kek
>>
>>71436659
What products?
Last time I saw all of them were made in China
>>
>>71435999
overpriced shit like apple products are popular here, unfortunately

niggers, fucking white niggers.
>>
>>71435999
Huge status symbol yeah.

Even going to Mcdonalds is considered glamorous here. My cousin literally threw a hissy fit because i said i went to Subway on the weekend and he never went to any fast food.
>>
>>71435999
not really, no.
>>
>>71436928
You're just mad they aren't hecho en mexico anymore
>>
>>71435999
Not really, at least not because they are of american origin.
>>
File: 15fea3654d1d94a47953559ef8f1d13f.jpg (516KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
15fea3654d1d94a47953559ef8f1d13f.jpg
516KB, 1280x718px
>>71436066
>hummers are a sign of you are a gangster running prostitutes

Or maybe wannabe clown?
>>
>>71436928
>>71436816
In NZ:
Crappy tech that most people use are from Korea and China, high quality tech that Jew you out of storage are designed in America
Most cars that people use come from Japan, Australia, and Germany
Rich people have American cars
Aeroplanes that we use are designed and made in USA and France
>>
>>71436857
Maybe because you spend 50% more on it...
>>
>>71438420
Don't delude yourself
Koreans and Chinese sell their crappy flagships in NZ at the same price as American phones
>>
>>71435999
Absolutely. A brand new iPhone or MacBook Pro used to be seen as a status symbol. Although Android phones have taken over for the iPhone, MacBooks are still considered very good. As are fancy American jackets by The North Face or Patagonia Inc.
And I remember back when we couldn't get the newest Apple products in Norway, and people would bring them back home when they traveled to the US.
"Oh, shit! Is that the new iPod nano? Did you travel to the US? That's awesome!" (This was a long time ago, obviously.)
And people actually cream their pants over Starbucks (pun intended). I know people who have reusable Starbucks cups for the coffee they make at home.
America is the greatest country in the world, and obviously people abroad admire you and try to imitate what you are doing.
>>
>>71438556
1. [Citation needed]
2. Consumers obviously buy them for that price then
>>
File: IMG_7476.jpg (116KB, 392x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7476.jpg
116KB, 392x752px
>>71438692
America is the greatest country in the world, and obviously people abroad admire you and try to imitate what you are doing.
>>
>>71438270
I doubt you buy German cars because parts are probably expensive, but in Europe, all that I can think of you'd buy an American calculator or an apple product and people trying to be niggers with baseball caps with shiny stickers or if you're a skater :DDDDDDDDDD the latter's appeal comes from the culture, like how football hooligans got inspired by chavs and started wearing Lonsdale
>>
>>71438768
Consumers wait a year before buying gook shit, because their prices halve after a year

>>71438692
>android phones
>status symbol
WEW
Here in NZ almost everyone uses Android because the price of Android phones drop much faster than Apple phones, but everyone sees Android as absolute dogshit

Based on what you said, Starbucks is also huge in Norway
Here in NZ Starbucks is the most popular coffee shop by a country mile
>>
>>71438818
Not like yuro politicians are any better

>>71438888
Volkswagon very popular in NZ, Mercedes is also popular
>>
YES!! Wverything american here will be higher class, guys go weak at the knees here american girls and australian girls will sleep with you if you sound american (or canadian lmfao).
>>
>>71439050
I remember an Australian cunt saying that people buy Japanese/Korean cars. Like a guy I know here bought a cheap used Hyundai and he got into a fender bender and the new parts will cost him half the price of the car(that's the bumper and a head light)
>>
>>71437380
How's that farm of yours doing, Seu Jovelino?
>>
>>71439256
Japanese cars are the vast majority of cars in NZ, but Australian German and American cars are popular in NZ as well
Korean cars aren't popular here
>>
Yes, burger here is a sign of wealth and prosperity. Only rich people can afford it.
>>
>>71438973
High-end android phones are more expensive than iPhones. And they have higher dick-measuring stats like RAM, clock rate, camera resolution, number of available apps, etc. And they are more customisable.
I would say that they've been seen as superior to the iPhone for the past six years or so here in Norway.

>Based on what you said, Starbucks is also huge in Norway
They didn't come here until 2012, and they are fairly popular. But they're not the biggest. They have 16 locations, whereas the Swedish Espresso House has 30. And some of our local coffee chains like Stockfleths and Kaffebrenneriet are very big here in Oslo.
>>
>>71439496
Everyone knows that Android tech is unoptimised
Apple is known to be extremely efficient with their tech
Android goes HURRRR DURRR BIG RAM when in reality their ram is inefficient so they have to make more ram to make up for their inefficiency
>>
File: 84915734534.png (7KB, 585x412px) Image search: [Google]
84915734534.png
7KB, 585x412px
Some, but not because they're american specifically.
>>
>>71440210
Lmao'd @ this pic.
>>
>>71436546

That's funny, grenouille, because when I lived in France I saw T-shirts, purses, coats, bags etc sold with American flags. The American flag is very much in fashion in France. Don't forget Iphones and apple stores partout.

As is the union jack. You guys have a thing for anglo flags apparently
>>
>>71440369
France sees America as their revolution bros
Of course they like America
>>
>>71440369
What's ironic about european and ESPECIALLY american usage of the US flag is that it's in breach of the flag code. They're disrespecting the flag by wearing it on or as a piece of clothing.
>>
>>71435999
>American names fabricated and made in china
fixed that for you
>>
>>71440442

We love them too, mostly. Not a fan of the frogs like >>71440369 because he deludes himself in to thinking that American influence isn't everywhere in modern French society.

>>71440448

kek, europeans don't give a fuck about US flag code Sven. I've seen US flags flown backwards on poles in Belgium and France. That's the only shit triggers me
>>
>>71440369
Yes, and there's the same with the UK's flag on it, what's your point sharter?
>>
>>71441639

Anglo products are seen as status symbols

That is my point

Toi tu bete ou quoi?
>>
>>71441778
>moving goalposts
riiight 'anglo' products it is now. And im the deluded one.
>>
>>71441862

c'était en référence des drapeaux mec, tu as l'air d'un connard parce que tu sais bien ce que je veux dire...
>>
>>71441964
J'ai touché un nerf sensible? Tes petites histoires de drapeaux ça colle autant que de dire que la culture chinoise fait partie de la vie quotidienne parce que bon nombre d'entre nous mangent des nouilles.
>>
>>71435999
They are mostly seen as status symbols by the poor. The poor all strive to get the newest iPhone. The dumb and rich use them too, mostly drug dealers or old money. Likely in the gold-plated variant for extra "flair". These people don't use any of the functions a smartphone provides, and could just as well use some old Nokia. New money, and the technologically proficient, will all use Android phones because Apple walls in their customers and has them pay for unlocking features already in the phone's design. Soon enough, it won't be a joke anymore and you can download the "Apple® RAM Upgrade™" like how you can download more battery for your Tesla right now.
>>
>>71442237
>norweigians
>poor
I'm guessing a poor Norwegian is the equivalent of a rich Italian
>>
File: 1452967534588.jpg (411KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1452967534588.jpg
411KB, 1462x1462px
>be in third world shitter
>"oh boy, my 100% american product is here! Finally Stacy will talk to me"
>"MADE IN CHINA
>>
mcdonalds
>>
>>71442984
There are many people here living below the poverty line at 200 000 NOK a year
>>
When I studied abroad in Japan, clothes with the american flag on it were pretty popular, also iPhones were extremely popular, probably Japanese per capita have more iPhones than in the US.

Also for some reason T-shirts in Japan with the most random English phrases that make no sense were pretty common. Some dude on the college campus I was on was wearing a shirt that said "Motherfucker" on it (I forget the exact word I just remember it being a curse word) and nobody paid him any attention. I did compliment him on it though.
>>
>>71435999
it depends what, because american products can be really affordable

like if you are wearing nike or adidas you are obviously a dirty poor
now if you are wearing chanel or vuitton or gucci that iis an actual status symbol

for phones yes if you are rich you have an iphone but that's ok since we don't produce phones ourselves in the first place
>>
>>71442237
By the way, this isn't a fucking joke. Tesla "lets" people upgrade their car from a 70kWh battery to a 75kWh one "over the air". The Verge had a report on this, in serious-face, without even hinting to the dirt-old Download More RAM prank
>>
I can only speak for what I've noticed in the UK and France, but certainly I noticed little American things here and there. I've even seen the American flag flown at private residences in the UK, however I presume they're American families abroad.
>>
First tell me some American product?
>>
>>71445205
made in china
>>
But I like to wear American flag whenever I can. Just to show those Russian fuckers who is our ally.
>>
>>71445205
4chan
>>
>>71435999
No
>>
>>71435999
No
>>
>>71435999
I would say so.
The iphone is the number 1 selling phone here and we are not the richest country in Europe.
Also brands like Northface.

But american cars are looked down upon.
>>
>>71445623
American cars are valued here.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.