[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've decided on Dubrovnik in Croatia for my first ever European

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: dubrovnik_orlando_stradun.jpg (99KB, 622x350px) Image search: [Google]
dubrovnik_orlando_stradun.jpg
99KB, 622x350px
I've decided on Dubrovnik in Croatia for my first ever European vacation. The history of the Republic of Ragusa fascinates me and getting to stay in a cool city in the Balkans that is still in the European Union and not a dangerous place like Serbia is too tempting.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>71161137
Serbia is not dangerous though
>>
It's a cool city. Only place I visited in croatia.

I recommend finding a way to see the monuments at the top of the hill while you're there.
>>
>>71161318

If I avoid the Republica Serbiska in non-Serbia and the Montenegran/Bosnian equivalents in Serbia would I be ok in Serbia?
>>
>>71161549
you'll be ok wherever you go unless you belong to one of the following ethnicities:
- balkan
- turkish
do you?
only Albania is a cesspit of crime but they respect tourists sometimes. plus they love americans because NATO. serbians on the other hand don't hate NATO, only their fellow balkans and muslims. just don't argue about politics with them
>>
>>71161987

Well yeah I know Albania, despite financial problems, is a surpsingly loyal NATO/US ally.

Anyways, I'm Catholic by heritage and traveling with family members, so Croatia is probably the right choice rather than Serbia. The Franciscan monastery in Dubrovnik will be a pilgrimage for them.
>>
>>71162114
yeah i don't actually have any suggestion about Serbia
from what i heard from my online friends, it's a plain and boring place (they might be self-deprecating though)
>>
>>71161137
You're going to a tourist trap at what I assume is going to be at the height of summer.
I am going to thank you for supporting the Croatian economy on their behalf.
t. Dangerous Serb
>>
>>71161137
dont understand why wealthy people go to shitty places
>>
>>71162792
ikibey is back! Kalimera, Graikos!
>>
>>71162792
"history", "culture", "experiencing" etc.
if it was me i'd just stay home and watch Discovery Travel. it's what i do actually
>>
Dubrovnik is overrated a bit, especially with GoT hype.

Zadar is a hidden gem though.
>>
>>71162792
I am Greek
>>
Should visit Knin and say you love Srpska Krajina. Free drinks guaranteed.
>>
>>71162894
well its much better if you are really there
he has the money so why not
shitaly would be the best

>>71162873
fuck off you slavic subhuman
>>
>>71163012
you wish you slavic gypsy
>>
>>71163140
I am Greek
>>71163097
I am Greek
>>
Looking currently for a cheap but nice vacation destiny. Is montenegro good for that?
>>
>>71163452
Kosovo is beautiful this time of year.
>>
>>71161137
>Dubrovnik in Croatia
go for it, it's really nice and the people are very friendly
>>
>>71163097
>shitaly would be the best
then why not do the Aegean tour? visit Bosnia and Greece even

>>71163535
Pristina is always beautiful and i'm not kidding
as beautiful as Pyongyang
>>
>>71163452
>cheap but nice vacation destiny. Is montenegro good for that?
yes

ps. this is coming from a relative poorfag nation so.. you'll probably be like the king or some shit there moneywise
>>
>>71163560
>bosnia is technically mediterranean
huh
>>
>>71163560
>Aegean
i dun goof'd myself
Adriatic* tour
i commit sudoku now
>>
>>71163611
more like Middle Eastern amirite, xaxaxaxa
>>
>>71163662
yeah but they cucked croatia for some coastline

maybe instead of banter you should take some lessons
>>
File: Capture.jpg (93KB, 760x880px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
93KB, 760x880px
>>71163662
part of Near East is mediterranean though, not kidding
pic related part
>>
Do not go to Dubrovnik at the height of the season (start of July, end of September)

t. traveler with many spiritual wares
>>
>>71161318
Not him but I don't think they are huge fans of ours. Also, the Bosnian Serb I work with said Croatia is a great place to vacation.
>>
>>71163662
They are the flower of Croatdom
>>
>>71163713
Nigga, I've actually been to Neum.
>>
File: korcula-panorama[1].jpg (1MB, 2362x1575px) Image search: [Google]
korcula-panorama[1].jpg
1MB, 2362x1575px
>>71161137
Do yourself a favor and visit some of the island towns instead. Dubrovnik itself is cool, but the crowds ain't worth it.
>>
>>71163781
When will he come back home though?
Come back Krajina man
>>
>>71163817
Zdravo, Adnane Hadžikranjskibegoviću
>>
File: 1486678011045.png (187KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1486678011045.png
187KB, 284x284px
>>71162114
>I'm Catholic by heritage
>>
>>71163824
nobody is interested in going in the middle of nowhere except for Slovenian tourists with their freakish notion of 'refilling one's batteries'.
>>
>>71163949
>'refilling one's batteries'.

But, but...that's the whole point of a vacation.
>>
>>71163949
>except for Slovenian tourists
that's where you're wrong kiddo
>>
>>71163949
The island towns he mentions are full of (latent) homosexuality fuelled by EDM rhythms and sustained by colourful pills (during summer)

It is anything but a peaceful retreat to fill one's batteries

A real adventurer goes to Zagora, and embarks on a Velebit - Ravni kotari - Dinara - Svilaja - Promina - Mosor trek
Living of his own urine, makija bushes and watching tourist wogs partying on the coastline with his ultra detailed binoculars, laughing at their frivolous mortality
>>
>>71163846
He goes to the Balkans on vacation all the time and sent his kids last summer to stay with family in Croatia but he's an engineer here.
>>
>>71163452
Yes, Montenegro is wonderful. Spent the last two summers there
>>
>>71162792
I'd rather go to Croatia than Germany and I'm not even being ironic
>>
>>71164466
Well Croatia has better beaches. It's like Italy but superior yet cheaper.
>>
>>71164466
Not so fast, Shane McBrumbsby
Or at least bring something wear-able with you. It's awful watching Dutch and British sense of """""fashion""""" here. Men in leopard print/pattern shorts and bright pink tank tops and goofy flip flops eating ice cream in a homosexual manner
This shit has to stop
>>
>>71162792
Croatia is fucking beautiful you retard, it has been pretty much the universal summer holidays destination for 50 years for Czechs and Slovaks. Winnetou was filmed in Croatia in a beautiful national park and the Adriatic sea is far cleaner than the Mediterraen in Italy and I say that as someone who has been in both.
>>
>>71164591
>bad taste of fashion and Germans not mentioned

Nice.
>>
>>71164619
It's because the Adriatic stream favours us. There you have, Regnum Albanorum, polluting the sea and sending it upwards, towards Italy. This, as well as Italian industrial pollution and the colder stream, we're left in the middle, sending trash towards Italy

Which summs up to: boiler and kitchen appliances floating around the Albanian and Italian coasts

>mare """""""nostrum"""""""
tippity top kek ayytalians
>>
>>71164536
Most importantly, clean water, it does not turn into a mud bath every time the sea has waves. And unlike "exotic" destinations you can drink the tap water and the worst animal that lives there is a jellyfish that just gives you something as painful as a bee sting instead of killing you or giving you excruciating pain (Google "Irukadji jellyfish"). Even most jellyfishes there do not even sting.
>>
>>71164773
Also Croatians are nice to Germans somehow.
>>
>>71164710
Germans are too mundane to be noticed. They're, along with Czechs and Hungarians, second citizens
I get out of my apartment during July to buy vegetables from the "pjaca" (the piazza) and all I hear is German
>>
>>71161137
>I've decided on Dubrovnik in Croatia for my first ever European vacation. The history of the Republic of Ragusa fascinates me and getting to stay in a cool city in the Balkans that is still in the European Union and not a dangerous place like Serbia is too tempting.
Very good choice! Bravo burger! Few such cases! Sad!
>>
>>71164773
>be tourist
>Croatia is lauded for its culinary diversity and especially clean waters
>drive down
>settle in your nice room
>go to the nearest Lidl or Kaufland to buy your food
Hmmm, must be that enriching culinary experience everyone talks about
>>
>>71164982
I always eat in some local place.
>>
>>71164839
Not every Czech is well...really a Czech ;).
>>
btw my sources say, and i quote:
>"croatians can be overly friendly that you might think thy are racisting you but they dont, they are just curious of you"
>"respect croatian women, they get frown over sex tourism in there"
so you've been warned OP
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.