[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are Americans so obsessed with race and heritage? (and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: ideal german.jpg (72KB, 949x422px) Image search: [Google]
ideal german.jpg
72KB, 949x422px
why are Americans so obsessed with race and heritage? (and delusional about it)
>>
>>71067519
Those who have no future look to the past.
>>
>>71067576
deep, made me think/10
>>
File: 1486300944942.jpg (193KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486300944942.jpg
193KB, 500x500px
>>71067519
>100% Germano celtic here (I'm only 1/16th black but this doesn't count)
>True heir to the Third Reich ideology
>Pretty sure I'd pass as a native in German cities Like Frankfurt and Brussels
>I love beer and hot dog like true germans as well
>>
>>71067647
>100% Germano celtic
>1/16th black
Pick one.
>>
There is a lot of focus in society about it. I believe it stems from the fact that we embrace the melting pot despite having poorly integrated non-Whites for most of our history, leading to deep-seated divides. I live in a normal Southern town, and black people always live in worse houses than us and tend to act differently. The area I grew up in was integrated fairly evenly, but my classes were 90+% white due to advanced placement. It's so unavoidable here that it becomes integral to who you are, to a degree separate from other countries.
>>
File: doogo does boi.png (261KB, 503x346px) Image search: [Google]
doogo does boi.png
261KB, 503x346px
>>71067519
>acts like Übermensch
>Frogposting
>>
>>71067855
>I believe it stems from the fact that we embrace the melting pot
Obviously not or else the general populace wouldn't be so fucking divided.
Australia is far more ethnically diverse than America and we aren't completely fucking obsessed with race like you tards are.
It's probably more related to your cancerous culture which is all about climbing to the top while fucking over everyone in the way. When you get groups of people who can see physical divides, they naturally fall into tribal formations which essentially allow you to discard a large chunk of the social competition and focus on climbing a smaller ladder to the top.
America is basically a tribalistic nation dictated by the extremely powerful leaders of a few select tribes.
>>
>>71068014
I was more talking about the average things one sees in his life that emphasize that divide and highlight race as a big deal, but I believe the hyper-capitalist mindset contributes a lot to it as well.
>>
>>71067519
I noticed that too when talking to rl Americans when they introduce themselves. Why would they do that? As if I would care.
>"oh by the way, I'm half ... "
>"errr..what?"
>>
>>71068014
You literally had a white Australia policy until a few decades ago. Cut the bullshit
>>
>>71067519
They're desperately clinging to what little they have left
>>
>>71067519
>why are Americans so obsessed with race and heritage?
that's literally every country on this board.
>>
>>71067710
>>
>>71071882
Because Americans call Europe cucked and then 5 minutes later goes on to say America should be more like [insert part of history from a European country here].
Because Americans call you a shitskin with no history while later asking if there's anyone in his city who's also part Irish, French, German, and Danish.
Because Americans say you have no culture when literally all their culture is based on consumerism or money.

If you're gonna berate a country maybe you shouldn't try to be like them yourself and calling them cucked if you don't like what they're doing.
>>
File: 500px-Bibomodel12-2.jpg (44KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Bibomodel12-2.jpg
44KB, 500x329px
>>71067519
We're not though. You only see people in your post on 4chan, and even then its done ironically.

Argentina on the other hand is delusional. Obsessed with European ancestry. Who cares bro. Be proud of your own merits.
>>
>>71072373
>We're not though. You only see people in your post on 4chan, and even then its done ironically.
you must live in a bubble, even in movies they generally say they have x heritage or 1/2 this, 1/64 that, etc
>Argentina on the other hand is delusional. Obsessed with European ancestry.
[citation neded]
>>
>>71067576
wew
>>
>>71067519
Overall, the Americans on this site are not our best and brightest.
>>
>>71068014
>Australia is far more ethnically diverse than America
Proof? Also, you're much smaller.
>>
>>71068935
>>71072603
People don't just leave behind everything about their former country's culture when they come here. Our food, religion, and interests are often heavily influenced by our ancestors' place of origin.
>>
>>71072890
>People don't just leave behind everything about their former country's culture when they come here
the immigrants no, but their offspring belong o the new country and have that nationality.
all my great grandparents were european, although I consider myself Argentine, and it's like that here in general, on the other hand is well known that in America is very common to see people who call themselves ''german-americans'', ''irish-americans'', ''italian-americans'', even blacks do it, regardless of having no connections with africa more than their skin color
>>
>>71072890

The majority of our population also descends from immigrant but no one goes and says that he is german-uruguayan, he is an uruguayan and that's it.

There's no reason to have those artificial divisions, I mean, a german-american is closer to an italo-american than to a German.
>>
>>71072890
>swore allegiance at the flag
>still refers themselves from other places
Please make up your mind already. Here, we don't tolerate such behaviour, penal code is waiting for traitors / proxy, be it good or bad.
>>
No idea but its fun taking advantage of it
>>
>>71067576
>Those who have no future look to the past.

>>71068014
>It's probably more related to your cancerous culture which is all about climbing to the top while fucking over everyone in the way.

Whew, Australia is on a roll today.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.