[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to learn Italian here but I can't rolll my R's.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: 1485681376608.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1485681376608.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Trying to learn Italian here but I can't rolll my R's. Any tips?
>>
Ask your undocumented neighbour how
>>
>>71005382
Tip:

Learn it or stick with the retarded people's languages
>>
roll your r's
>>
Learn phonology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nt_w0GAfgE
>>
don't roll your R's, a lot of Italians can't either, and we don't give a shit about accents as long as we can understand you, actually we love accents, keep yours.
>>
>>71005382
Hahahahaha How The Fuck Is That A Problem Hahahahaha Nigga Just Roll Your R's Like Nigga Just Make The Sound Hahahaha
>>
>>71005382

no, but if it makes you feel better it is the hardest thing to learn, it isnt rare for 5 year old kids to be unable to pronounce it and sending them to some kind of speech therapist.

also, there must be hundreds of videos of how to roll your rs in youtube, but mainly for people learning Spanish. Some are Teletubbies style videos for little kids.

just search how to trill your r in youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9eN2B7Wj68
>>
>roll my R's.
>Learning Italian

Are you sure you'r not trying to learn French?
>>
Dont lose your mind over rolling your Rs. You will be understood anyway.

Learning to pronounce GL is more important I think.
>>
>>71005382

Imagine you're growling like a dog but using your tongue to make r sound.
>>
I thought it was a meme that Anglos can't roll their r's but I've never known someone beyond the age of 10 who couldn't do it. Maybe it's an American thing
>>
>>71005382
Just keep practicing, and be thankful it's not Spanish.
>>
Did you try getting good? Honestly if you know what the motion is meant to look like with mouth + tongue shape then just keep trying to do it, you should eventually get it
>>
>>71011947
i honestly never met an anglo who could roll r correctly
>>
File: git.jpg (38KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
git.jpg
38KB, 534x486px
>>71005382
>>
>>71011947
Nah it's a white people thing, you wouldn't understand, Pajeet.
>>
File: 9842439.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9842439.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>tfw sound like a retarded pirate when I try to roll r's
>>
>>71012402
Give an example of a sentence where you have to roll your R's. I find French hard, but Spanish and Italian are quite easy to pronounce, from my experience.
>>
>>71005382
eat spaghetti until you can do it
>>
>>71014254
You don't roll your R's in French. Not anymore, anyways.
>>
File: yotsuba.gif (533KB, 120x150px) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba.gif
533KB, 120x150px
>>71006478
>mfw it naturally clung to me when I was 4 from watching my mom's friend show off
>>
>>71014277
Much like you don't type ''anyway'' anyway?
>>
>>71005382
Yea. Listen.

Gently place the tip of your tongue against your palate and then pronounce "Ferrari". Move the tip of your tongue step by step towards your upper front teeth until it sounds right. It's somewhere around at the ridge of your palate, before your front teeth.

Now, practice that very position of your tongue with different words. It must become something almost a reflex for "rolling rs".

Ferrari can't get you wrong. It's that particular Italian r sound. A soft rolling r. Single r (ricotta) is about the same as double r (Ferrari), soft r in both. The difference is simply duration.

Fleeing duration. You might want to pay attention in this bit.
>>
>>71011947
For some reason I've never seen a Brit having a problem with what folks call "rolled r" (so a tap or a trill).

Americans on the other hand seem to have a problem with it, even though logically you would expect THEM to be better at it, with all that Mexican Spanish in their country and popular culture.
>>
>>71014651
What? "Anyways" can be used to mean something like "at least," or "to be more specific". It's idiomatic and colloquial, but stil valid and used rather frequently.
>>
>>71014651
Sorry you're triggered by colloquial speech
>>
>>71014876
How do you increase duration? I can only roll my R for about 0.25-0.5 seconds
>>
>>71015079
M8 you Decrease it from double r to single r. From ferrari to ricotta. That's your challenge.

The r doesn't ever slosh, the r is soft yet almost smooth rocky and quite dry.

Yea, English language background doesn't support this. You are genuinely facing something you have never done before.

It's your personal mission. Just listen to those words and try to reproduce them.
>>
>>71014254
>Implying any Anglo can roll their Rs
Try this
Erre con erre cigarro, erre con erre barril, rápido corren los carros cargados de azúcar del ferrocarril
>>
File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>tfw can't roll my R's without sounding like an arabian sand nigger
>>
>>71006349
People like you are the reason I'm learning italian and not French. You're both sexy, but if you learn french you have to deal with fucking french people, and they're 80% rude faggots. I have never met a single italian who isn't super kind, tolerant and down to earth. Keep it up mate.
>>
File: unnamed.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
54KB, 300x300px
Anybody at a noob level like 3-15% fluency who wants to practice on kik just add me with a ciaò.

throwmeouttoday
>>
File: Feels Fattie.jpg (64KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Fattie.jpg
64KB, 633x758px
>Knew Spanish
>Forgot how to roll my r's
Can I ever get it back?
>>
>>71018064
It would truly be the best country if not for all the French people.
>>
>>71015005
What's funny is we have the r flap thing in our accent (the t in water), and I think most Americans could make a trilled r sound if asked, but we have a lot of trouble using it in regular speech.
>>
>>71011947
>>71005382

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvKPter9ftE
>>
>>71005382
listen more of this guy, he had an awesome rolled r.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXNpwTlZSGE
>>
I couldn't do it properly until I was about 12.

It just comes naturally I guess.
>>
I never understood how this could be a problem.
>>
File: 132712546083 .png (69KB, 724x619px) Image search: [Google]
132712546083 .png
69KB, 724x619px
>natively trill
>learning foreign languages
>have to learn how to tap the roof of my mouth only once
>can't fucking do it
>tongue is a like ruler place on the edge of a desk, it won't wabba-wabba just once
>>
>4 different types of R in my language, depending on the word
>foreigners don't have the mental capacity to understand that and only use a single type of R
>all foreign accents sound retarded as fuck an uninteligible
>gringos still ask why we rob and murder them
>>
>>71011947
tell me a basic word where rolling r's is essential
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.