[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about BREXIT? I think all of Europe should've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 42

File: brexit.jpg (36KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
brexit.jpg
36KB, 800x450px
What do you guys think about BREXIT?

I think all of Europe should've been able to vote in the referendum, not only brits, after all we're supposed to be an union and it affects all of us.

Maybe they should do a new referendum in all of EU and depending on the result they're allowed to leave or not, and if they aren't, they have to pay a fine for trying to leave, that's also split between all non brit EU citizens instead of being kept by some bank. for example 750,000 million € so it'd be like 1k bucks each. I'd unironically vote for that and it'd be in line with typical EU policies anyway.
>>
What do you guys think about BREXIT?

If it wasn't for trump I'd say it was the best present russians and their puppets could get. These days it's only second best.
>>
Big mistake
But whatever
>>
>>70998962
>What do you guys think about BREXIT?
British politicians ensuring their jobs
>>
>>70998962
Direct democracy is just the tyranny of the majority, better leave the future USE to an oligarchy of bureaucrats that know what they're doing
>>
>>70998962
>I think all of Europe should've been able to vote in the referendum,

The EU will just make you continue to have a referendum until they get the result they want. Pointless.
>>
File: slapyourshitup.gif (991KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
slapyourshitup.gif
991KB, 350x263px
>mfw someone with the same flag as me posts something in 4chan
>>
>>70999290
its full of us here actually
>>
>>70998962
EU is not a federal state, whatever any swedish butthurt says about it here.
In regards of the former statement, we shouldn't be able to vote for them to stay in.
It is not comparable with the catalonia and spain problem.
>>
>>70998962
I think it's delaying the inevitable of globalism long-term, even if the EU falls apart. As for the short-term at best nothing will change.

>I think all of Europe should've been able to vote in the referendum
This is retarded

>Maybe they should do a new referendum in all of EU and depending on the result they're allowed to leave or not, and if they aren't, they have to pay a fine for trying to leave,
So is this. But it's ok because you're probably no older than 13
>>
File: 1486481387348.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486481387348.png
44KB, 657x527px
British and Polish should be punished hard for Brexit.

Brits should deport all Poles.
>>
File: IMG_1157.jpg (165KB, 621x559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1157.jpg
165KB, 621x559px
I like the concept of the EU
It was originally thought of by Henry the 6th in the form of a French anglo Dutch union unfortunately that never worked out
Letting the Germans in is what ruined it
Never the less brexit will be more painful for Germany than us
France will either leave or have a president that is an extreme Anglophile
Italy hates the euro and German meddling
The whole of east Europe is sick of the mishandling of the migrant crisis and merkles weak leadership in respect to putin and turkey
In whole i don't care
>>
File: 123.jpg (7KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
7KB, 265x265px
>>70998962
>I think all of Europe should've been able to vote in the referendum, not only brits, after all we're supposed to be an union and it affects all of us.

Well baited m8

>>71000189
Genocide them both
>>
>>70999262

This. Fuck the EU, they hate democracy and yell "populism" when people vote "wrong".
>>
>>70998962

It's retarded fearmongering, trying to shift blame away from local assholes to foreign assholes for all of our problems, and bamking on the fact that the average citizen doesn't actually know they can elect MEPs/doesn't care. And it worked.

>I think all of Europe should've been able to vote in the referendum, not only brits, after all we're supposed to be an union and it affects all of us.
AAAAnd that's literally tyranny. It sounds like Farage's wet dream for propaganda.

>Maybe they should do a new referendum in all of EU and depending on the result they're allowed to leave or not, and if they aren't, they have to pay a fine for trying to leave
While this is also tyranny, the EU could probably just slap us with a bunch of tarriffs and watch as we burn, which would have the same effect, only it's legal and encouraged by the hardline assholes so we can't rebuild bridges burnt by wankers in Kent and Essex.

Far as I'm concerned, a bunch of red tape stopping people trying to manipulate the law is better than wanker politicians trying to twist meanings so the government can evict people who literally have important jobs here anyday.

At least it's not standing rock

>Protestors make mild inconvenience to traffic
>Local government passes law that legalises hit and run murders, as long as they aren't 'intentional'
>>
>>71000354
please link me something about this anglo dutch french union, i'm curious.
Otherwise France will neither leave the union nor have an extreme anglophile as a president, though i might not get your point here, please explain.

To answer at the general question of this thread, that really made me sad.
>>
>>70998962
Kind of forgotten about it in all honesty
>>
>>71000637
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-British_Union
Can't find any others sorry
From what I can remember the clergy and the aristocracy was for it since the French monarchy was hated at the time
Though still it meant war which is alway a messy business
>>
>>71000637
What about marine lepenn؟
And isn't the old president guy a massive Anglo phile?
>>
>>71000922
Why would someone be an anglophile
>>
>force the contributing countries that want to leave to stay
>boot dependent countries out against their will

That would be really fucked up.
>>
>>71001006
>boot dependent countries out against their will
when?
>>
I think the European Union is a geopolical inevitability.
The Brits can leave it, but they can't leave it if you know what I mean.
They will be out, but they will still be next to it, still trade with it due to proximity and still cooperate with it due to common goals.
Immigration from EU will be reduced, but 'independance' and 'soverenity' only exist proportional to ones power and UK didn't get stronger by quitting.
>>
>>71000922
For the sake of my country marinne le pen will never be president.
I didn't know about francois hollande love for england but why not.
>>71000871
This is interresting i didn't know about a XXth century part of it, otherwise for the middle age part it was more like a game of thrones sort of thing.
>>
>>70998962
I'm sad about leaving, it doesn't fix anything and most people just voted to leave because muh muslim immigration without knowing anything about how the EU works.
>>
>>70998962
Nice bait rodrigo

I wish Brits good luck, but I do hope EU doesn't allow Johnson's crocodile tears to give them preferential treatment that would make EU as a whole completely pointless.
>>
>>71001179
Talking about Nicolas
>>71001179
>game of thrones thing
U wut
Henry wanted the French to be ruled by them self have there own military have there own language and all just unified under a monarch that speaks french and lives in Britain
>>
File: guiris.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guiris.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
average voters
>>
File: EU unemployment.png (12KB, 624x682px) Image search: [Google]
EU unemployment.png
12KB, 624x682px
hmmmmmm
>>
>>70998962
Smartest move Britain made in recent history.

From a non-British perspective I see two possible results, both of which favorable:
1. Britain leaves without utterly collapsing, lending credence to Le Pen, who then manages to get France out of the EU, collapsing the entire rotten structure.
2. With Britain out, the EU will manage to grow closer and stronger and the American "backdoor entrance" De Gaulle so feared will be gone without much poitical controversy.

Though I prefer option 1, as option 2 requires that the EU actually gets it shit together and focuses on establishing a European identity rather than supplanting the local population with third worlders.

>>70999051
Indeed, the second best present the Russians could hope for. Courtesy of Mutti Merkel.
>>
>>71001345
This is really long article, i'll read more later then.
>>
>>71001642
And you had people on TV complaining about jobs in Britain?

kek

>>71001124
Not everything in Brexit is bad.There is also that part where the Brits will loose their vote and veto on EU policies.

So as long as the Union doesn't take too much of an economical hit it is a good thing that they won't be able to meddle in anymore.
>>
Brexit is an economical and geopolitical disaster.

Globalisation, as in 'the errosion of the power and relevance of the nation state', is made inevitable by megacorps, imperialist powers and supranational unions. There is no true souvereignity in a world as interconnected as this.

In the current time you have to team up with those that share your values and pool your resources or you will just end up being bossed around by bigger more powerful players that will not bargain.

I have a few young British friends who saw the future of their country and even a part of their personal future within the European family just like the >70% of young Brits that voted to remain but this future has been stripped away from them by an older generation that was stuck in their ancient mindset that offers so solutions to the current problems.
>>
>>71001947
The nation state isn't going anywhere.

It's back, baby
>>
>>71001784
1 is a non perspective, I do not know Le pen is described in foreign media but mark my words :
Lepen, will, never, be, president, of fucking France.
There is below zero chance for it.
That being said, you and I have to stick for option 2.
>>
>>71002124
i do not know How* Le pen is..
>>
>>71001947
>70% of young Brits
Fucking pakis and students.
>>
File: 1486565848035.png (546KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486565848035.png
546KB, 800x1200px
>>70998962
>>
>>71002124
They said the same for Trump. Thing is that FN is at an all-time high and due to his huge scandal (for which he refuses to retreat from the race in spite of what he said earlier) Fillon is perhaps the only candidate who can lose to Le Pen. The media now is desperately trying to do damage control by propping up Macon, a total nobody, as a "rising star" but it ain't fooling anyone. If it's Fillion vs Le Pen, Le Pen has a very good chance of winning. And Macon will most likely not rise to surpass Fillon, especially considering France just had five horrible years under the Left. And Macon is cutting himself in the fingers by explicitly supporting Merkel's rapefugee policy. The only thing that could improve the odds of FN would be a major terrorist attack one week before the elections.

>That being said, you and I have to stick for option 2.
Germany will either have another term of Merkel or another term or Schultz, who is even more left than Merkel (who is, don't forget, a "conservative"). Combine that with either left lackey Macon or Mr. Corrupto Fillon, and you get an EU that keeps on trucking along the same course: top level discussions, erosion of national identities, no effort to create a new identity to replace it, no cultural progress besides "let's copy America" and more rapefugees to displace the native populations.

Don't fool yourself about the EU being viable. Merkel and Juncker are talking big about how if the UK goes the English language goes (technically Ireland joined as an Irish speaking country, not an English speaking one) but we all know that American cultural dominance is so complete and the EU so spineless that we'll keep Anglofying until our culture is reduced to a non-offensive, globally friendly, faux-American plaster.
>>
>>71002204
>Fucking pakis
>imported form the common wealth not from the EU
Ok...
>students
>people above average intelligence that made it into a university
Let me guess.. all chavs voted for leave :^)
>>
File: CwurbyfXgAALCOk.jpg (114KB, 1095x1152px) Image search: [Google]
CwurbyfXgAALCOk.jpg
114KB, 1095x1152px
>>71001642
>no stated year
>>
>>71002411
kek
>>
>>71002324
I don't get this image
We were the fastest growing economy in the EU
It would be funny if you took out the graph the no jobs and the shira thing desu
>>
>>71002411
From June last year.
>>
>>71002124
Why won't lepenn be president?
She is fairly competent in comparison to farage or trump
She is a real politician unlike fucking holland
>>
>>71002621
>She is fairly competent in comparison to farage or trump
A turnip will be fairly competent compared to those two clowns.

Hell i am more competent than both of them put together how about you make me a president?
>>
>>71002621
She's also a "raycis" and there's nothing the average Frenchman loves more than gargling arab cum. Not that they're much different from other Westerns, Clinton did win the popular vote after all, but that reduces the odds of Le Pen's presidency. That's why I said earlier that Fillon is a blessing in disguise, as he's probably the only candidate who can lose to Le Pen now. Let's just hope the Macon shilling dies down.
>>
>>71002720
I'd vote for you m8
>>
File: 1486236757641.jpg (609KB, 3000x1997px) Image search: [Google]
1486236757641.jpg
609KB, 3000x1997px
>>71002471
It's about the exchange rate senpai. Britain hasnt left yet
>>
>>71003095
But the exchange rate correction was a GOOD thing. Before Brexit happened, the IMF said Sterling was around 18% overvalued.

If Brexit never happened, the Pound would still be too strong, and our current account deficit would be getting worse than it is today.

The currency weakness is one of the advantages we got from Brexit. There will be disadvantages too, I'm sure, but not that.
>>
File: 13211341943.png (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
13211341943.png
68KB, 800x600px
>>
how come so if any political topic comes up on this board we can get some civil, sometimes even interesting discussion, I know it's a bait but either way any thread like that on /pol/ would be instantly flooded by underage altrighters spamming about MUH WHITE GENOCIDE KILL THE EU!! MUH RAPEFUGEES!
>>
>>71003230
>But the exchange rate correction was a GOOD thing.
It would be if you had an export-based economy. Considering you have no industry and a negative trade balance with the EU, I fail to se how a weaker pound would benefit you.
>>
>>71003285
Didn't know we recovered from the 2008 crash
>>
>>71003553
Like all things it has its ups and downs, the ups being exports are up and British based businesses are doing well.
>>
>>71003553
Not being part of an economic zone that only benefits Germany is a start. You, as an inhabitant of the oft-derided PIIGS countries, should know this. But instead you have to swallow bullshit about how Italians are dumb and lazy and if only they adopted German ordnung everything would be fine and they'd profit from a system that can't handle even minor crises.
>>
File: 1485967794455.jpg (1MB, 2870x4200px) Image search: [Google]
1485967794455.jpg
1MB, 2870x4200px
>>71003230
Britain would have a trade deficit regardless, which means a loss of purchasing power for most people
>>
>>71002720
Not to be rude m8 but you are Bulgarian
Your people aren't known for there wits so I can't really take your word sorry lad
Also don't dismiss the point that France has just had the most disliked president in there history whome was a massive eu supporter and was anti FNC thus making a knee jerk reaction for angerd voters
>>71003095
The exchange rate is good though? Do you not understand basic economics?
>>
>>70998962
I think all of the world should've been able to vote on the American election too because it affects all of us.
>>
>>71003613
Italy would benefit from having a weaker currency because we actually have an industry and export a lot of stuff. UK doesn't. It's that simple.

Same reason why the Euro benefits Germany. Their economy relies on exports, and the German mark would be much stronger than the Euro is today, hampering their exports. With the Euro they can get away with their huge trade surplus.
>>
>>71003553
more business

and we should scrap corporation tax
>>
File: téléchargement (6).jpg (10KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement (6).jpg
10KB, 299x168px
>>71002796
>>71002621
This is why she won't be president.
This is what happen when FN get to the 2nd tour of presidential election.
>>
>>71003611
International businesses and companies are continuing to invest in the UK too, despite the Brexit result. What will happen when we cut all ties remains to be seen.
>>
>>71003929
>scrap cooperate tax
I hope this is ironic
Please be ironic
>>
File: exports.png (178KB, 2014x1053px) Image search: [Google]
exports.png
178KB, 2014x1053px
>>71003553
>It would be if you had an export-based economy. Considering you have no industry and a negative trade balance with the EU, I fail to se how a weaker pound would benefit you.
What a load of rubbish. We have an economy that relies on a fuckhuge current account deficit. The weaker pound will stimulate exports and depress imports, which will reduce this deficit. I don't know why some of the people on here act as if there are countries that only export, and some that only import. It's simplistic bullshit.

Any country running with a deficit will benefit from weaker currency.

>>71003667
>Britain would have a trade deficit regardless, which means a loss of purchasing power for most people
We would have a trade deficit regardless, but it would be larger than it will be now. A small deficit/surplus is much more desirable than a large one.

Besides, it's the current account deficit that is most worrying, not the trade deficit.

>>71003917
>Italy would benefit from having a weaker currency because we actually have an industry and export a lot of stuff. UK doesn't. It's that simple.
Do you unironically believe this crap? You're a fucking idiot. Look at pic related, read it carefully, and then apologise to us.

I'm waiting for my apology, retard.
>>
File: exports.jpg (108KB, 925x1024px) Image search: [Google]
exports.jpg
108KB, 925x1024px
>>71003917
Your economy has stagnated for over a decade, it's in a terrible state despite all your exports.
>>
File: 1486128002840.jpg (568KB, 1000x1996px) Image search: [Google]
1486128002840.jpg
568KB, 1000x1996px
>>71003760
>The exchange rate is good though? Do you not understand basic economics?
It would be if you actually had anything to export. This fucking swamp exports more than you, it's embarrasing.
>>
File: Global-Trade-in-Whiskies-2014.jpg (124KB, 640x418px) Image search: [Google]
Global-Trade-in-Whiskies-2014.jpg
124KB, 640x418px
>>71004089
Don't forget the $6billion+ in whisky. People love whisky.
>>
>>71004088
You just proved my point desu. You exports are lower than ours while your economy is bigger. You do the math, retard.
>>
File: Conservative.png (111KB, 1280x998px) Image search: [Google]
Conservative.png
111KB, 1280x998px
>>71004014
What's wrong with cheaper products and more jobs

Get out Corbyn you're irrelevant
>>
File: 1486054320153.jpg (347KB, 1787x2681px) Image search: [Google]
1486054320153.jpg
347KB, 1787x2681px
>>71004210
This would be funny if it wasn't the unironic position of the Tory party.
>>
Friendly reminder not to reply to avatar-fagging cunts.
>>
>>71004089
>Your economy has stagnated for over a decade, it's in a terrible state despite all your exports.
I was claiming that a weaker currency would be beneficial to us, not that we have a great economy or anything. And the Eurozone certainly isn't helping (not using that as an excuse, the main responsibility falls on uor shitty governments, but that's beyond the point of the thread)
>>
>>71004201
>You just proved my point desu. You exports are lower than ours while your economy is bigger. You do the math, retard.

You said Italy has exports and industry and the UK doesn't. the UK exports almost as much as Italy while not being an "exporting nation".

Italy, the great European exporter that is glorious Italy, which has a population almost as large as the UK, barely manages to beat the chronic importer and deficit addict that is the UK.

Your arguments about a weak currency no benefiting us rest on that foundation. You're incredibly stupid.
>>
>>71003967
>Kind of decent presidential candidate
>LITERAL nazi sympathizer
That outcome was set in stone.

On the other hand, the second round this year will most likely be
>Corrupt crook who has stolen millions from the French taxpayer and destroyed his front as a conservative Catholic who hates handouts and loves hard work
>Eloquent anti-immigration candidate who sees the solution to France's economic woes in distancing itself from the wildly unpopular EU

I don't doubt strategic voting will happen, but let's not use Jean-Marie as a precedent. He's a Vichy apologist (and not even in the "Pétain did nothing wrong" sense, but in the "Hitler did nothing wrong" sense).
>>
>>71004293
>*smokes bong* but m-muh *lights up cannabis cigarette* feels d-d-d-d-dude
Socialism doesn't work.
>>
>>71003967
Times have changed.

Arabs and Africans will vote for Le Pen because she'll give them welfare.
>>
>>71004423
>solution to France's economic woes in distancing itself from the wildly unpopular EU
I'd pay to see this... only in a movie though. I wouldn't wish this sort of experiment on French people.
>>
File: YTTyo.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
YTTyo.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>71004423
>the solution to France's economic woes in distancing itself from the wildly unpopular EU
Yay.
>>
>>71004361
Italy has the tenth largest trade surplus in the world.
The UK isn't even in the top 20, possibly because you actually have a trade deficit. So, we would benefit from a weaker couurency, while you wouldn't. It's not rocket science, even someone as dumb as you should be able to get this.
>>
File: account_balance.png (39KB, 780x631px) Image search: [Google]
account_balance.png
39KB, 780x631px
>>71004718
forgot pic
>>
>>71004718
scrap the corporate tax then.
>>
>>71004718
Holy shit, do you even understand what you're typing?!

Firstly, let's highlight how you're blatantly changing the argument and ignoring exports, because you've clearly lost that argument.

Now, you are pointing out that despite Britain exporting as much as Italy (contrary to your earlier lies), the UK has a big juicy deficit while Italy has a big trade surplus

VERY TRUE.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHY WE NEEDED A FUCKING DEVALUATION

You're disproving your own bullshit without realising that's what you're doing!
>>
File: 1486287498362.jpg (669KB, 1919x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1486287498362.jpg
669KB, 1919x2880px
>>71004446
t. Nigel, 14th marquess of Boldfordburyshire
>>
>>71004539
>>71004643
Truly, there is no worse fate than not being a German vassal.
>>
>>71004718
Just to underline the point and make sure you understand... if you have a nice trade surplus already, why do you want to devalue further?!

For Germany the Euro is UNDER VALUED, precisely BECAUSE they have a motherfucking huge surplus! If Germany want back on the Mark, it would be way stronger than the Euro.
>>
>>70998962
I am really sad that Brits dont see themselves as Europeans, but it is their right to leave.
I can only hope that they might reconsider after 10 years or so
>>
>>71005050
Why does membership of the EU affect whether we're Europeans or not?

Are you saying the Norwegians and Swiss don't see themselves as Europeans?
>>
>>71005028
Would tell you to stop avi fagging but your posts are fairly decent xx
>>
>>71005089
i thought one of the main reason for leaving was british exeptionalism, and that brits dont really see themselves as the same as mainland europeans.
And Switzerland and Norway are in the EU in anything but in name
>>
>>71004936
This is getting embarassing for you.

Weaker currency = favors exports, imported goods are more costly.
Stronger currency = imported goods are cheaper but exports are hampered.

You import more than you export, so a weaker currency would not benefit you, unless you're trying to tell me that you'll magically become self-sufficient and not import-dependent on a shitload of goods you don't and can't produce internally.

Learn basic economics and then we can talk.
>>
>>71005196
>i thought one of the main reason for leaving was british exeptionalism, and that brits dont really see themselves as the same as mainland europeans.

We see ourselves as different to mainland Europeans but still European. Just like how Finns aren't the same as Sicilians but both are European. The main reason for leaving was not "exceptionalism", it was wanting to make our own laws in important areas such as immigration, rather than having no control over it.
>>
>>71005034
>For Germany the Euro is UNDER VALUED, precisely BECAUSE they have a motherfucking huge surplus! If Germany want back on the Mark, it would be way stronger than the Euro.
That's exactly the reason why Euro beneifts Germany and is fucking up everyone else in the union. A stronger mark would be bad for Germany, because their economy relies on exports.
>>
>>71005305
Oh I see.
Cause here in the mainland, we sure got the opinion that Brits see themselves as something better. Especially with you always wanting to have special privileges
>>
>>71005237
The situation is a lot more complex unfortunately but at the most you are correct
The thing about the UK is our main exports are expensive unique goods such as aerospace industry, cars and other gimmicks which aren't really sold to one single market but a global market
While our smaller exports that go to the EU (food, oil pharma etc) will suffer in whole the situation is generally complex thus why the brexit negotiations will take forever to sort out
>>
>>71005237
Embarrassing for me? FOR ME? You are trying to argue that a country like the UK is forever stuck in net import mode and can't boost exports

Sorry, but you are wrong. Businesses are more dynamic than you give them credit for. The IMF said Sterling was overvalued for a reason.
>>
>>71005459
might I ask what you plan on exporting?
>>
File: cmtsu.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
cmtsu.png
211KB, 327x316px
>Pray for Turkey not join the EU
>God accepts and destroys the EU

CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>71005407
>we sure got the opinion that Brits see themselves as something better. Especially with you always wanting to have special privileges

If you think that us wanting sovereignty over matters than concern the UK is a "special privilege" and resent us for that, I think that says more about you.
>>
>>71005540
what sort of matters do you want to have sovereignty over?
>>
>>71005504
>might I ask what you plan on exporting?
... that's up to British businesses, not me. You people keep saying Britain has no export industries. Well, $436 billion is a whole lot of expensive nothing, isn't it?
>>
>>71005595
>what sort of matters do you want to have sovereignty over?
>>71005305
>>
>>71005459
>You are trying to argue that a country like the UK is forever stuck in net import mode and can't boost exports
You currently do not have a manufacturing base large enough to "boost exports". Your economy is service-based.

IF you actually managed to have a trade surplus then yes, a weaker pound would clearly be beneficial to you. But as things stand now, it doesn't. And your graph shows you've consistently been in the red for the last 20 years or so.

>>71005414
>The situation is a lot more complex
Of course it is, I'm trying to simplify things because I'm talking about economics on a mongolian cave painting forum
>>
>>71005646
sure. I just think Brexit might be not the best first step to building up an export based economy
>>
>>71005683
Can you be please more precise?
I was following the Brexit referendum, but I never quiet understood where exactly Brits saw a lack of sovereignty
>>
File: economies by sector.png (196KB, 2749x1117px) Image search: [Google]
economies by sector.png
196KB, 2749x1117px
>>71005684
>You currently do not have a manufacturing base large enough to "boost exports". Your economy is service-based.
Because Italy's situation is SO different to ours, isn't it? Again I found a table for you to look at. Compare the industrial sector % for UK, Italy, France. Is it what you expected?

>And your graph shows you've consistently been in the red for the last 20 years or so.
Because "the last 20 years or so" condemns us to a future eternity that cannot possibly deviate from the conditions of the last 20 years or so. Yeah, sure.

>>71005735
>I never quiet understood where exactly Brits saw a lack of sovereignty
People want the UK government to be able to control immigration, people dislike a non-British court being able to rule on UK matters, that sort of thing. There's also the EU state aid rules which makes it illegal for the UK government to support British industries. There's also that EU membership (the customs union part) makes it illegal for the UK to do trade deals with non-EU countries.
>>
>>71005735
28 UNDETECTED COMMISSIONERS

IT'S NAZI GERMANY ALL OVA AGEN
>>
File: 1486287997603.jpg (161KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1486287997603.jpg
161KB, 1000x1300px
>>71005173
>name fags
>criticises someone else for avatar fsgging
>>
File: 133916-004-F0B47751.jpg (14KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
133916-004-F0B47751.jpg
14KB, 337x450px
>>70998962
I've loved every moment of it. It's also shown how ridiculously cucked scotland is - fucking SNP MPs were singing the EU national anthem in parliament the other day, and for some reason want to suck the EU's cock, but claim to be 'nationalists'

Kek
>>
>>71005968
>People want the UK government to be able to control immigration, people dislike a non-British court being able to rule on UK matters, that sort of thing
I might get it totally wrong, but to us it sounds like you wanna keep the dirt Europeans out of your country
>>
>>71006060
Name fagging isn't against the rules I'm a good boy :^)
>>
>>71005968
>Because Italy's situation is SO different to ours, isn't it? Again I found a table for you to look at. Compare the industrial sector % for UK, Italy, France. Is it what you expected?

The tertiary is by far the largest sector in all developed economies. More news at 11.

The difference in industry between Italy and UK is slightly less than that between Germany and Italy. That's nothing, really. And we're not even taking agriculture into account. France is even lower, but France has a worse trade balance than we do.

Again, IF you managed to transition to an export-based economy, a weaker currency would benefit you. But that's not something you can do overnight.
>>
>>71006160
Personally I'm fine with Europeans coming here, but I also totally understand that people want their own government to be able to control how many people are allowed to come into the country. Complete freedom of movement is a bit too much.

The crux of the matter is this. In a parliamentary democracy, if you don't like what the government is doing, you should have the power to vote them out. In the EU that power is denied to the voting public because those EU directives will apply to us no matter who is in government. And no, voting for the MEPs doesn't help, because the EU parliament is impotent.
>>
>>71006160
No

When we walk down the road we want to see British shops not Polish ones with alcoholics squatting outside okay?
>>
File: 1486300075061.jpg (604KB, 2400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1486300075061.jpg
604KB, 2400x3600px
>>71005971
Commisioners appointed by democratically elected governments
>>
>>71006359
but your governments leader can represent your countries interests in the council of Europe, and your ministers in European council.
As a matter of fact, UK has veto power, and I am sure that the current immigration laws wouldnt have been possible with the approval of British leaders
>>
File: united-kingdom-exports@2x[1].png (89KB, 1460x680px) Image search: [Google]
united-kingdom-exports@2x[1].png
89KB, 1460x680px
>>71006325
You said "your economy is service-based", implying that yours isn't. That's a silly implication.

>Again, IF you managed to transition to an export-based economy, a weaker currency would benefit you. But that's not something you can do overnight.
Again, you're totally missing the obvious.

The UK today in 2017 both IMPORTS and EXPORTS a load of stuff. It imports more than it exports, but the numbers of both sides are still huge.

A weaker currency will boost exports and suppress imports, it's THAT fucking simple. We don't live in a black and white world of pure importers and exporters. British companies are ALREADY changing suppliers to source components domestically because imported components are becoming more expensive. Exports are ALREADY being boosted, we haven't even left the fucking EU.
>>
>>71006099
And they pussied out on becoming independent and thereby staying in their beloved EU.
>>
>>71006529

Yeah sure then when someone votes the way the eu didn't like they have to revote or the get threatened. You can pull that with small countries but not with big ones
>>
hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>71006615
>or the get threatened
can you back up this statement?
>>
>>71006692
Hungary and greece
>>
>>71006621
You break it, you buy it.
>>
>>71006529
>As a matter of fact, UK has veto power, and I am sure that the current immigration laws wouldnt have been possible with the approval of British leaders

Sure, but this is exactly the point. In the UK's democracy, a government will do shit the public doesn't like, and then the public will punish them for it. The system works. Governments get booted from power.

In this example, a UK government approved the immigration thing. Fair enough. Now the British public have decided that was a bad idea, but what can they do? Kicking out the government won't change freedom of movement now. This system doesn't work in the same way, it makes the people powerless.
>>
>>71006706
You also tried and hilariously failed to threaten the u.k
>>
>>71006615
Never forget -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oILQeMPvRw
>>
>>71006706
interesting. and what was the vote where Hungary and Greece got threatend?
>>
File: tmp_9034--942679767.jpg (2MB, 2662x4000px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9034--942679767.jpg
2MB, 2662x4000px
>>71006307
The mods fear me, they'll never ban me
>>
>>71006752
but this is the case with every international treaty
you can't just break all your contract every time a new government gets in power
>>
>>70999310
unfortunately
>>
>>71006621
Where is Spain on this? I know the UK is among the most generous in the world when it comes to charity, along with other Anglosphere nations.
>>
File: star.jpg (100KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
star.jpg
100KB, 850x638px
>>70998962
I support it because the EU must be be destroyed, I hope more countries leave it.
>>
>>71006877
I think Russia should be destroyed first.
>>
>>71006609
>The UK today in 2017 both IMPORTS and EXPORTS a load of stuff.
All countries do (with the possible exceptions of ultra-isolationist countries like Best Korea). The economy is globalized. That doesn't change the fact that you exports are lower than your imports.

>A weaker currency will boost exports and suppress imports, it's THAT fucking simple. We don't live in a black and white world of pure importers and exporters. British companies are ALREADY changing suppliers to source components domestically because imported components are becoming more expensive. Exports are ALREADY being boosted, we haven't even left the fucking EU.

Good luck with that. You'll still be reliant on imports for a while, it's not like you can suddenly stop buying stuff from abroad. I'm sure you can transform your economy as you're saying, but that's in a mid-long term perspective. Industrial capacity and export capabilities don't just appear out of the blue.
>>
>>71006853
>but this is the case with every international treaty
>you can't just break all your contract every time a new government gets in power

Of course. But no international treaties affect sovereignty as much as the EU has. There is nothing to the extent of freedom of movement, for example.

The only big one I can think of is NATO with its Article V, but NATO is and has always been strongly approved by the British people and indeed was originally a British idea
>>
>>71006918
Russia is already destroyed.
>>
>>70998962
Fuck off. UK diminishing it's influence on EU matters is fantastic news. Brexit can't come soon enough.
>>
>>71005196
1/3 labour voters wanted to leave (including me). it isnt a left or right issue.
>>
>>71006928
I never said we'll change overnight. But companies have reported export orders booming already, purely because of the weaker pound. We will always be dependent on imports because we're a small island, but there's much that can be sourced from home that was uneconomical before, and there's massive room for growth of exports.

The weak pound is a catalyst to make this happen, and it's also necessary.

And even if exports stagnate and don't growth, the weaker pound is STILL necessary to mechanically close the current account deficit.

Why? Because it - automatically - re-balances the book value of foreign assets in Britain and British assets abroad. This fact alone will affect the flow of wealth from Britain to the rest of the world which is manifest in the current account deficit
>>
>>71007093
yeah and now the eu's influence on the world has diminished.
>>
>>71006442
Having elected representatives appoint representatives for your whole nation is hardly democratic. The people should have a more direct say in the EU especially if the EU is going to require so much of the people and directly require legal changes. It's a bad system in which representatives are not responsible to the people but to the government.

If you had an upper and lower house and had the upper house be appointed by governments and the lower elected by the people that would probably be fine.
>>
>>71007175
It hasn't. But even if it had, i'd trade that for a much more stable union.
>>
>>71006960
Are the people free from the shackles of their rulers?
>>
>>71007314
No, are Germans or French free from their shackles?
>>
>>71007294
youre more stable with the rise of euroscepticism? your economy will suffer greatly and so will your future army (thats if the eu exists by the time you can afford it).
>>
>>71006824
When they didn't do what the eu wanted
>>
>>71007137
And the fact that everything you import will be costlier in the meantime will not hurt you in the slightest, right? What you're saying IS possible, but it's not going to be a walk in the park to get there.

Anyway, I'm off to sleep. Gotta go to work tomorrow.
>>
>>71007458
sounds to me like you are making shit up as you go
>>
File: 343.jpg (6KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
343.jpg
6KB, 250x230px
>>71007412
>the rise of euroscepticism

Ah yes, the looming threat of Frexit and Itaxit. Oh, and Austriaxit!
I'll be sure to start worrying the day any of those might actually happen.
>>
>>71007662
Night night *hugs towards you*
>>
>>71007342
No.
Would it be better if everyone was liberated and all the politicians killed?
>>
>>71007746
Yes.
>>
File: Bulgaria.jpg (126KB, 736x737px) Image search: [Google]
Bulgaria.jpg
126KB, 736x737px
>>71003760
>Not to be rude m8 but you are Bulgarian
>Your people aren't known for there wits so I can't really take your word sorry lad
Such ignorance.
>>71002811
Thanks m8. Your vote is appreciated.

Let us together lead America,the EU and England to a new glorious future.
>>
>>71007662
>And the fact that everything you import will be costlier in the meantime will not hurt you in the slightest, right?
Obviously it's going to hurt. Standard of living will suffer, because imports become dearer.

It doesn't mean the currency change isn't a good thing. A stronger pound would be great for consumers but disastrous for the long-term health of the economy. Far better to re-balance and pay a bit more in the shops now rather than have a big crash later
>>
>>71007698
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/donald-trump-eu-ambassador-ted-malloch-tame-european-union-like-brought-down-soviet-union-russia-a7549696.html

Front national,PVV and the Sweden democrat party are ahead in the polls.

The Danish peoples party got 21% of the vote in 2015 up by 9%.

Brexit will happen.

The five star movement won in Italy.
>>
>>71008068
Stupidity is on the rise.
Who would've thunk :^)
>>
Spain is shit because europe union is ruining this shitty even more.
>>
File: 1486683298389.png (288KB, 430x446px) Image search: [Google]
1486683298389.png
288KB, 430x446px
>>71008175
>>
I don't understand Euros who complain that Britain 'meddled' in the EU. We mostly stopped you going full retard. The EU's member states would be far better off if they opted out of crazy ideas like the Euro.
>>
>>71008068
>Sweden, Denmark, Italy.

Wow, it's fucking nothing
>>
>>71008559
>Italy
>Nothing
One of the biggest contributors. That said the dealbreaker is France. If they go, the EU goes.
>>
>>70999237
Do they know what they're doing though?
>>
File: le plan directeur.jpg (415KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
le plan directeur.jpg
415KB, 700x1000px
>>71008348
I understand it.

They realise, deep down, that the British are their saviours. That the modest island people next door are the only ones keeping them safe from chaos and destitution. They know this and they resent it.

... we're the hero the EU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So the EU will punish us. Because we can take it.

Because we're not their hero.

We're a silent guardian.
A watchful protector.
A dark knight.
>>
>>71008559
Oh please don't irritate the Scandis. The last thing we need is those limp-wristed IKEA fucks coming in here and posting HDI tables.
>>
File: 93B.jpg (287KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
93B.jpg
287KB, 1080x1080px
>>71008175
>Stupidity is on the rise
no it's not
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

autism is on the rise though, so you can expect a big rebound in left wing voting in a few years
>>
>>71008682
This is the kind of shit that'd piss me off if i were Italian.
Their needs are constatly ignored, their contributions scoffed at and are generally treated with nothing but scorn, but when it comes to shit like holding the EU together they're suddenly a big deal.
>>
>>71009215
>This is the kind of shit that'd piss me off if i were Italian.
Which is why I support Italy eaving the union. We all know they'd be better off with an Italian currency rather than a German one.
>>
File: My.jpg (182KB, 1444x1440px) Image search: [Google]
My.jpg
182KB, 1444x1440px
I'm not going anywhere ;)
>>
>>71009558
Brexit Britain needs the broad shoulders of our proud Scythian friends as we march together to the sunny uplands of sovereignty and value-added marmalade exports.

We're all in this together
>>
>>70998962
God hates the EU.
>>
>>70998962
Bad Idea
>>
>>71008842
I'm impressed you could type all that while wanking yourself off.
>>
>>71003285
What's "EL?"
>>
>>71003443
False flag shills.

Gotta make /pol/ look crazy and degrade all discussion because of the occasional dangerous truth that gets posted there.
>>
>>71000613
>yell "populism"
or racist or fascist
>>
>>70998962
I think it's retarded, brit manufacture now won't sell as much and they will have every imported product much more expensive

however there's no denying that the EU is basically germany imposing itself on everyone else.
>>
The EU is an anti-democratic tyrannical experiment masquerading as a monument to tolerance and peace and obfuscating its ambitions and democratic and constitutional deficits with kafkaesque-sounding bureacracies, commissions, committees and so-called "parliaments" which don't offer their own elected members the right to create and control legislation.

You just need to look at
>political referendums which resulted in nay votes which the EU disregarded without legitimate authority (ex. EU constitution which subordinated other states' constitutions)
>the process of how an EU bill is drafted, edited, and passed and how little power the MEPs have over the fate of the bill
>how a single state (like Germany) can open the floodgates despite the cries of other nations and then mandate that they share in the distribution of those unwanted nations
>how Germany has exploited the Greeks through austerity measures which don't make sense as anything other than a desire to directly control the fiscal policy (though its supposedly only a monetary union)

It deserves to collapse, and potentially be reborn in a manner which still respects the Westphalian model of nation states, but its likely to only grow fatter. Years ago the right was called mad for suggesting that the organization might adopt a common currency, it happened. Years ago the right was called mad for suggesting that the organization might adopt its own court system. It happened. Years ago the right predicted that the constitutions of nations would be subordinated to a single constitution, which happened. Years ago the right was called mad for predicting the EU's role in fiscal policy, which happened and is becoming more prominent. And years ago the right was called mad for prophesizing an EU army, which is in the works.

It needs to die, even if that means a slight slowdown in quarterly GDP (which is only a measure of expenditure, not quality of life, and it doesn't track disparity across economic classes).
>>
File: IMG_3431.jpg (191KB, 1050x1176px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3431.jpg
191KB, 1050x1176px
>>70998962
Bad for my wallet either way, but thanks to Brexit, my wallet is only slightly less sad.

But still sad.
>>
File: 1471552956523.png (652KB, 636x764px) Image search: [Google]
1471552956523.png
652KB, 636x764px
>>71013845
Agreed.
>>
>>71002407
>above average intelligence
Nigga, all you have to do to go to college is have money or be good at sports.
>>
>>71013995
In America that may be true but here you need to pass an entrance exam.
>>
>>70998962
It would have worked if they had a proper exit strategy and if the current Tory government wasn't responsible for fucking over the very people who wanted Brexit.

Instead it devolved into the biggest WE WUZ chimpout in history. The Tories are only going to replace Poles with Pakistanis you dumbfucks who vote against your own interests. SAD!
>>
>we are not european, we are british!!!

we wuz kangz: the decision
>>
>>70998962
never thought of it like that. i agree now
>>
>>71004088
>The weaker pound will stimulate exports and depress imports, which will reduce this deficit

the economy doesn't work like this anymore...
trade is more the trading of intermediate goods than it is of final goods. that is britain is importing and exporting more components and intermediary services than it is exporting final goods.

predicting the final price and thus demand from a single currency's value change within it's chain of production is very difficult.
>>
I think the issue is that to many people in Britain the EU had become something entirely different than what they originally signed up for.
It became more controlling, and threatened to replace nationhood all together.

Combine that with an anger over the refugee crisis fueled by EU policy and you have yourself a BREXIT.

It's both fun, and terrifying to watch Europe burn. I know if shit hits the fan we will eventually be dragged into it like always.
>>
>>71018956
>refugee crisis fueled by EU policy

I'll shill for merkel momentarily now. Merkel had a fuck load of refugees trying to get into europe. Merkel could get the EU to send them back to turkey (at an incredibly large cost) and they'd end up back going straight back to europe.

merkel's other option was to shoot at refugees. but that would be un-European.

so Merkel had to let them into the EU. Now Merkel's next gripe is that, becasue it is in essence a pan-european problem, why should the burden not spread?
>>
>>71018956
this is such nonsense
how is britain affected by it?
they are a fucking island, they could just close the tunnel and not let them in

it doesnt replace nationhood at all
britain had a special deal

its just butthurt chavs who dont wana clean toilets but dont want poles do that either because muh jobsieees

how can my tiny irrelevant country protect its nationhood but britshits cant
ill tell you how, because thats not the issue
>>
>>71011803
>I'm impressed you could type all that while wanking yourself off.
Me too

>>71019144
>they are a fucking island, they could just close the tunnel and not let them in
That would be illegal. We must respect our international agreements.
>>
>>71019247
>We must respect our international agreements
This would be a first.
>>
>>71019623
It's something we do more than others
>>
>>71019247
you know very well what i meant
you just put cops on the border and "passport please?" like austrians are doing it now

but ofcourse that would make you clash your willy with the frogs since they send it to you
instead you blame the EU
>>
>>70998962
very far-sighted. despite of the fact nowadays Britbongs are extremely stupid for fucking everything, all of it, but yet, I'll bet that was a right choice.
>>
>>71019856
That's only allowed for emergencies. It's not a permanent solution within the EU. even though all it takes is one EU country having a lax refugee policy to undermine the integrity of richer countries' borders.
>>
>>70998962
utter delusion. brit tabloids are the worst media in 1st world anyway. a bunch of normies got fooled by that appalling articles and frauds like farage and bojo.

and now they both tories and labors have willingly been indoctrinated into believing like "brexshit is not that bad actually. we can get through it without serious damages. everything bad about brexshit was overestimated" by themselves. thats what happens when things come to the end.
>>
>>71021082
if only we could run away to some country to live out our anime fantasies whilst ''teaching'' english to some mongoloids. we really fucked it
>>
>>71019856
>like austrians are doing it now
Not just the Austrians, the Germans and plenty of others are violating Schengen and closing their borders due to refugees while telling Britain that the Four Freedoms are sacred and inviolable.

It is a mess. You are saying, why not stay a member of this organisation where rules mean nothing and are respected by nobody, except the weak who have no choice? What a mess. Why would we want to be a member of a club like this?
>>
>>71021964
oh please dont be such a baby
if we were not sanctioned you wouldnt be too

you could have an influence but you are still living in 19th century mindset where the goal is not to allow any country european hegemony
now youll be an american state, good job
>>
>>71022065
>you could have an influence but you are still living in 19th century mindset where the goal is not to allow any country european hegemony

You are making a mistake, the assumption that the only way for the UK to influence the rest of Europe is by being members of the EU. That is wrong. The ties between the UK and the European powers go far beyond the EU. Our influence in the EU had a low ceiling anyway, because we were not members of the Eurozone, which you need to be inside to have real power in those institutions.

The UK's posture today is a million miles away from the Splendid Isolation period you refer to. Britain is undergoing an expansion of its military assets abroad (new bases and deployments, including in Europe), investing in soft power expansion, scientific and cultural ties with other countries, etc.
>>
>>71022175
you had better chances while inside, now you can expand in bangladesh and the only benefit you are getting from those are more pakis because muh commonwealth

not exactly where the big money is to advance your country
>>
>>71022436
But we already have very strong trading and other ties with the European countries.

Where we are weak is *outside* Europe and the US. We need to boost our presence in places like South and Central America and the Asia-Pacific.

We're not satisfied with being JUST an island off the European continent that's just bothered by European affairs, the UK should be globally involved
>>
>>71022635
>Where we are weak is *outside* Europe and the US.
And I don't think Brexit has hurt the UK's relationship with the US.
>>
>>71023600
We were very lucky on that score. Clinton would have sided with the EU over the UK in a heartbeat.
>>
>>71009486
Spain is fucked because people like this >>71009215 in Spain , population is 90% pro-european although they are poor as shit
>>
>>70998962
I heard UK has to pay huge money to EU for BREXIT.
I don't think UK pay them all, tho.
Hard to join, hard to leave.
>>
>>70998962

The English should kill and mutilate any EU national they catch, should the EU officials like Juncker continue to threaten the UK with destruction. Stabbing Czech students to death and causing Polish women to miscarry by kicking them in the stomach was a good start, but the Eurocrats don't care about poor Eastern Euros. You must target Westerners.

There are many young Spanish, Italian, Greek men and women forced to work as waiters etc in Britain due to the economic situation in their countries. They should be raped to send a message. Also, the French, Germans and Irish should be attacked.

Some may point out there are a million British retirees and other expats living in Spain and the rest of the EU who may be subject to retaliation. Let them, they are useless feeders, parasites and probably Remain supporters. But you can kill the young EU nationals in the prime working age, the ones working as bankers in London. This would be more injurious to these countries than the loss of some filthy pensioners in Majorca.
>>
>>71025644
Ah yes, the famous "Singapore model"
>>
>>71006060
Wow
>>
>>71005528

Save us from the barbaric germanics, New Rome.
>>
File: 1397181747212.jpg (17KB, 396x402px) Image search: [Google]
1397181747212.jpg
17KB, 396x402px
>UK economic growth accelerates to 0.7% – Niesr

>The British economy picked up speed at the start of the year, according to the latest estimates from respected think-tank the National Institute of Economic and Social Research.

>UK GDP expanded by 0.7 per cent in the three months to the end of January, up from a 0.6 per cent pace in the previous quarter, Niesr estimates show – providing a useful gauge of Britain’s official growth statistics.

>Consumer spending and robust industrial production were behind the pick up, said the think-tank, on the same day that official figures showed UK factories enjoyed their best annual pace of growth since 2011.
>>
>>71025644
Wtf I hate Singapore now
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.