[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Estonia (and other Baltic states) opress its Russian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 30

File: CgPiI2d.png (10KB, 2000x1273px) Image search: [Google]
CgPiI2d.png
10KB, 2000x1273px
Why does Estonia (and other Baltic states) opress its Russian minorities?
>>
why do germans eat shit?
>>
>>70985791
Because """""russians""""" in baltic are utter shit.
Almost all of them are Ekaterinburg/Omsk tier really.
Genocide when?
P.S. give estonian BF
>>
>>70985851
Actually, I am a Russian from Estonia who immigrated to Germany
>>
>>70985897
a victim of oppression then

how precious
>>
This
Why do they get away with everything but the EU (and we're not even a member of it yet) makes us do every single shit for the Albo muzzies
>>
>>70985936
Well, it wasn't as bad as other opressions in history, but looking back, I can definitly say that Estonians were racist towards Russians.
Meanwhile, in Germany, I never experienced any racism because of my heritage
>>
>>70985992
germans are naturally afraid of anyone from the east
besides, they are probably too busy servicing the schwarzen schwanz

ps. don't ever come back here
>>
>>70986105
don't worry, I dont intend to return
I just find it sad that you have such a bad relationship to your eastern neighbour, and take it out on your Russian minorities
>>
Because it's a sovereign country and does whatever it wills best for it
>>
File: Russian Diaspora in Estonia.jpg (931KB, 1403x933px) Image search: [Google]
Russian Diaspora in Estonia.jpg
931KB, 1403x933px
40% of Estonians are of Russian descent.

Soon they will be the majority and vote out their oppressors.
>>
>>70986191
>posts estonian chicks
>posts bullshit statistics
how obvious can you get about being russian diaspora in finland. not much more i guess

also: rubles have been deposited!
>>
>>70986257
why do you hate your fellow countrymen so much?
>>
>>70985791
Baltshits killed Tsar, baltshits took Winter palace, baltshits established NKVD and cheka, baltshits among with hired chinks killed kulaks and other peasants during Civil war, baltshits had 20 times more consumption to production rate in USSR, literally the wealthiest welfare republics. And still they have eternal irrational hate towards russians, this is why baltshits need to be nuked.
>>
>>70986366
you make it too easy
>>
File: yuri-gagarin-time.jpg (61KB, 536x704px) Image search: [Google]
yuri-gagarin-time.jpg
61KB, 536x704px
>>70986367

THIS
>>
>>70985791
how?
also watch some other media but RT.
or go here.
>>
>>70985992
that's because germs are cucked af.
>>
>>70986366
*foreign welfare leeches
>>
>>70986456
so you think Germany was better back when they used to opress poles?
>>
File: 76382_original - копия.jpg (170KB, 642x906px) Image search: [Google]
76382_original - копия.jpg
170KB, 642x906px
>>70986367
>Baltshits
latvians
FTFY
>>
>>70986367
>literally the wealthiest welfare republics

It was like living in locked in dog house while compared to westerners living in mansions.

Too bad that term "wealthiest" means 0 in regards to USSR since we still were dirt poor.
>>
File: 1433074321592.jpg (440KB, 1366x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1433074321592.jpg
440KB, 1366x1500px
Obviously because thye are of nazi and need to be liberated. Again.
>>
>>70985791
You could at least specify in what way they are oppressed to start discussing it and get to the point of maybe how it could be solved

What I am seeing now is a bunch of total and utter bullshit. Half of my family is Russian and there is no racism, everyone gets along with each other just perfectly. In most cases, if you don't know Russian even though we are an independent nation, it will be harder to get a job because it is seen as a really important thing especially in communications or anything that has to do with clients.

There are literally no cases here of any racism or discrimination. And our media isn't silent about it either, there were plenty of big debates and many articles about Poles and bilingual street signs though, that you can at least bring into discussion. But Russians? What happens to them according to your fantasies?
>>
File: fantomas.png (98KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
fantomas.png
98KB, 220x220px
we force russians to drink dirty water from puddles of mud

did you know that?
>>
File: i13357922634.gif (2MB, 296x188px) Image search: [Google]
i13357922634.gif
2MB, 296x188px
>>70986191
russian grills are qts what's wrong with being russian?
>>
File: 1486397203451.png (222KB, 1280x1324px) Image search: [Google]
1486397203451.png
222KB, 1280x1324px
>>70986528
>was gibbo still gibbo
>cry a lot
>>
Probably because they got annexed.
And chances are that back then it was the other way around.
>>
>>70986475
my russian ancestors lived for centuries in what today is Estonia
>>
>>70986590
Do you force them to sit on bottle?
>>
>>70986602
not the diaspora, they are fat, they have are far more likely to be unemployed, get welfare, and vote for more welfare(those who can vote(the younger ones)) and they vote for full citizenships without nationality tests for minorities.
>>
>>70986561
Well, I was still a kid back then, and I didn't notice it, but in retroperspective, there was definitly racism against Russians in Estonia.
For example, I was to be sent to a spelling bee competition, cause I was the best at spelling in my class, but my teacher flat out teld my parents that she wont sent a Russian kid to represent the school. She didn't even hide her racism against Russians
>>
>>70986702
the alternative is a rough beating so they volunteer
>>
>>70986668
still, please, fuck off to russia. we dont like you.
i have nothing against you aslong as you are not in my country
>>
File: large_b7ca.jpg (59KB, 865x511px) Image search: [Google]
large_b7ca.jpg
59KB, 865x511px
>>70986614
Sure
>>
yesterday i saw young fashisti push russian grandmum down the stairs and then piss on her

i high fived and sieg heiled them
>>
>>70985791
last time I went to Tallinna I heard Finnish spoken around the market and Russian everywhere else

do estonians live in eesti at all
>>
>>70986711
That's an isolated case though, I don't see how that's institutionalized racism. I agree that there are racist people everywhere.

My grandfather was a Russian, not from USSR though, his family came here in 1800s I think, when people from Russian Empire were being exiled or something. He was born here and lived here his whole life, yet he spoke with a very thick Russian accent until his death, and his Lithuanian was still broken. And he lived over 60 years. He had good paying job for as long as I can remember.

I mean sure you can have a few examples of someone being racist, but I am not sure if that teacher would still hold her position to this day. They get fired for less here, especially recently. With such cases, you could call any country oppressive. They have same rights AFAIK.

Also, such "racism" can't even be compared to what these minorities do and mean to us every day. It's not a meme that they are called 5th column. To whom do you think it is useful to keep them aggressive and with separatist intentions? Certainly not us.
>>
>>70986823
>non free market artificial prices
we're feeding whole ussr
which republic didn't have such claim?
>>
>>70986561
>f you don't know Russian even though we are an independent nation, it will be harder to get a job because it is seen as a really important thing especially in communications or anything that has to do with clients.
maybe in Wilno
>>
>>70986707
are they mexicans in the baltic states?:\

>>70986827
i can understand that why you and your neighboring cunts hates russia and russians but do you guys lynch us asians?
>>
>>70986970
I am not from Wilno though
>>
>>70986972
no we actually like koreans and japanese. we don't like chineses tho, fuck those animals
>>
>>70986865
>That's an isolated case though, I don't see how that's institutionalized racism. I agree that there are racist people everywhere.
The problem is not that this one teacher was racist. It's that she didn't even feel the need to hide her racism, showing that racism against russians was socially acceptable

>I mean sure you can have a few examples of someone being racist, but I am not sure if that teacher would still hold her position to this day.
I haven't been in Estonia since 1999, so I dont know. But of course I hope that the racism against Russian minorities has diminished, although the posts on /int/ make me doubt that
>>
>>70986991
well that is strange then are you from Klaipėda?
>>
>>70986972
Yes, crime, unemployment, drugs.
Oh and refuse to speak latvian, also insult us for being latvian.
>>
File: 1463086841605.gif (44KB, 504x566px) Image search: [Google]
1463086841605.gif
44KB, 504x566px
>>70986367
Baltic jew destroyed muh great russia.
>>
>>70985791
Fuck off Putin.
>>
>>70987004
Well you shouldn't trust /int/ posts, you should try finding English sources for Baltic news instead. Posters here are also in anime and traps but that's hardly a representation of whole country.

I think one of the biggest problems is that Russians never bother to learn the language. My aunt (mom's sister) is half Russian and her husband is like what, not even 40 I think. He always stutters when speaking Lithuanian. Some time last year he lost his driver's licence due to having alcohol in his system and my aunt had to fill all his papers when asking for its return because he is illiterate in Lithuanian. Some people, even adults and seniors, have trouble being indenepdent by themselves if they need to fill some paperwork or something, and then they blame it on oppression.

My aunt told this to me actually, when she talks to her relatives or stuff like that, that some of them know Lithuanian rather really well, but outright refuse to speak it on purpose. It really makes me neurons fire up.

I think that racism here against anyone is socially acceptable, well, at least 10 years ago definitely. It's not just Russians, you can't be a black person on a bus. You will always hear monkey sounds and the terms nigger, Africa. It wouldn't have been different with any nationality in your case I think.

>>70987020
Ukmergė. It was one of the main questions they asked when I went to job interview for Bitė. And it was a problem few times when I was doing apprenticeship in a retail shop.
>>
>>70987141
>think one of the biggest problems is that Russians never bother to learn the language.
one way ticket to the shit life train

>refuse to learn estonian
>drop out of primary school
>can't get into secondary beacause can't into estonian
>can't into university because didn't go to secondary
>don't even get minimum wage job because no qualification and don't speak estonian
>turn to crime
>get jail time
>develop alcoholism
>become drug abuser
>get HIV
>get AIDS
>die
muh oppressions?? more like you could have prevented this yourself so cry less bitches
>>
>>70987141
>Well you shouldn't trust /int/ posts, you should try finding English sources for Baltic news instead. Posters here are also in anime and traps but that's hardly a representation of whole country.
Yes, I hope that the Baltic people here are not really representative for the average Baltic population.

>I think one of the biggest problems is that Russians never bother to learn the language.
While this is certanly true, I went to Estonian Kindergarden and Estonian school, and still experienced anti-Russian sentiments, even by beeing able to speak Estonian perfectly. I am really glad that my family immigrated to Germany, because I believe in Estonia, I would have been always remained a second class citizen.

>I think that racism here against anyone is socially acceptable, well, at least 10 years ago definitely. It's not just Russians, you can't be a black person on a bus. You will always hear monkey sounds and the terms nigger, Africa. It wouldn't have been different with any nationality in your case I think.
Sad. I can only hope that the next generation of Baltic people will be more tolerant towards people of different culture and skin color.
>>
>>70986997

i love estonia now! you're literally south korea in batic states:3

http://bitcoinschannel.com/estonia-and-south-korea-top-barclays-digital-development-index/

http://www.janes.com/article/67551/estonia-begins-k9-artillery-negotiations-with-south-korea
>>
shouldn't have occupied them and then tried to replace the local population with r*ssians
>>
>>70987209
The problem is, that until the fall of the soviet union, there was no need to learn Estonian language, because people were perfectly able to find work with russian language only.
Then, as Estonia became independant, from one day to the other, Estonian became the only official language, and almost half of Estonian population were foreigners in their own country.
>>
>>70987230
noice!
>>
>>70987268
>foreigners in their own country.
*foreigners in a country where they did not, do not and will not belong to, where they are not wanted, but where they actively choose to live and be "oppressed"

how very peculiar the russian logic is
>>
>>70987268
because, surprise, it's not their country. literally same tier of leech mentality as the turk population here.
>>
>>70987315
>>70987317
I don't know if you guys are aware, but Russian minorities always lived in the east of Estonia.
And at least here in Germany, historical minorities get special rights and their culture and language is protected, even when they are far less than 40% of our population
>>
>>70987226
> Yes, I hope that the Baltic people here are not really representative for the average Baltic population.

No, they're all like that

Except 10-15 young SJWs

They do everything so people like you give up and move to more tolerant places.

They give passports but you will never become a high ranking army officer/governor/etc. When crisis starts and not enough jobs for everybody, they forget every rules and implement old good "profession - estonia" again.
>>70987241
Blame top commies, why the hell you blame ordinary workers/nurses/teachers

>>70987317
> because, surprise, it's not their country

Why? They think it's their country.
>>
>>70987387
And I think this is really sad.
Estonia could do much better if it didn't opress 40% of their population, and if they had better relations with their eastern neighbour
>>
>>70987382
>I don't know if you guys are aware, but Russian minorities always lived in the east of Estonia.
those people are not the same people brought here en masse by the occupant to work shit tier factory/construction jobs during '45-...
and there isn't a lot of them, there never was. perhaps a couple thousand in total, living peacefully growing onions and praying to their weird "god" or whatever
>>
File: 1485810153467.png (12KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
1485810153467.png
12KB, 243x243px
But if balts become not racist towards us we should do the same but I want to hate balts. Really makes my mind go hmm
>>
>>70987423
Nationalism isn't about economy or progress or whatever.

The more monoethnic country becomes, the more orgasms nationalists get. And absolutely doesn't matter what is gonna happen with economy.

There are no russians in government, army, etc.

They all work in private sector and feed estonians

If they all leave, where will estonians get money?

No, fuck nationalist doesn't think about it. He just want muh pure 95% eesti.
>>
>>70986949
RSFSR maybe, they were too poor to complain.
>>
>>70987440
yes, it is true that soviet union settled a lot of russians (mostly lower class or criminals) in Estonia, as a part of their russification policy.
However, it is not very fair to blame those people for soviet policy, and since you can't exactly genocide them, I think it would be much better if Estonia tried to properly integrate them
>>
>40%

where the fuck do you get this from? it's 24% (2011 consensus)
>>
>>70987423
Mнoгoнaциoнaлия нe лyчшe. У нac нeт нигдe дoмa. Mы в пoлнocтью вpaждeбных нaм гocyдapcтвaх c 1917 гoдa.
>>
>>70986367
>invade or puppet all neighboring nations
>why does everyone hate us

Ah yes, Russians
>>
>>70987505
we have done everything on our part to provide ample opportunity for them to integrate. they choose not to.

literallly NOT OUR FUCKING PROBLEM

be happy and rot away like a true subhuman, but at least "i didn't become no dirty fashisti!!!!"
>>
https://youtu.be/rKpXqwE2rg8
>>
>>70985791
They are evil fashisty
>>
>>70987542
since they are citizens of your country, it very much is your problem.
And mabye not seeing them as subhumans would help the integration process.
>>
>>70987542
> we have done everything on our part to provide ample opportunity for them to integrate.

No you didn't.

You can start with equal representation in government.
>>
>>70987595
kys
>>
File: EwigerJudeFilm.jpg (49KB, 325x451px) Image search: [Google]
EwigerJudeFilm.jpg
49KB, 325x451px
>>70987505
>I think it would be much better if Estonia tried to properly integrate them
Yes I wonder where I have seen this kind of speech before
>>
>>70987600
kys fascist
>>
>>70987621
i wanna strangle you to death and burn your worthless body
>>
>>70987602
Funny that you mention it, cause Jews were almost fully integrated and incredibly productive part of German society, until that retard Hitler took over and killed millions of them.
Now America benefits from all the Jews who used to contribute to Germanys wealth
>>
>>70987649
lewd
>>
>>70987209
Exactly, I plan to move to another country in future, but I am not making a step even out of my city until I know the language.

>>70987226
It absolutely could have been the case, we don't have really good history together. But main problem is the first generation adults who came here to us and didn't grow up here. Adult people refuse to integrate and our adult people refuse to make peace. Children just mimic adults, it's not their fault over what happened over the centuries. And younger people don't care anymore, but of course media tries to set them against each other as always. Again, I am not sure who it is useful to, to keep them separated.

>>70987268
Another problem is that because almost every adult here speaks Russian, and so the Russians aren't forced to learn the native language. There is a couple from Russia who immigrated into my city, a man and a woman, I think woman is Chuvash or something. We had article in our newspaper about them, how the language barrier was really difficult but in the end they passed the national exam. I used to write with that woman and when I asked how people treat her here, she told me it's really easy because everywhere she goes everyone speaks Russian to her. This couple should be taken as example by all Russians, especially those who live here their whole life, which are put to shame.

>There are no russians in government, army, etc.
>They all work in private sector and feed estonians
Bullshit and bullshit.

>>70987505
>Country has to integrate minorities
Yes, just like a country has to integrate gypsies, who refuse it, right? If we don't integrate you, you blame non-integration for oppression. If we try to forcefully integrate you and shove down the language - it's oppression and fascism then, no?
>>
>>70987649
impresif
veri nais
>>
>>70987668
> Bullshit and bullshit.

Yeah smth like 5%? yeah

It should be 20+% at least
>>
>>70987650
Just an example, if Spain conquered Portugal, sent us a million Spaniards to settle here, and then 50 years later we got independent and those Spaniards who settled here and never learned the language and adopted our cultured started playing the victim card I would go full Nazi on their asses too, literal genocide.

Also most of those productive jews were Zionists who actively conspired against Germany.
>>
>>70987668
are you seriously comparing Russians to gypsies?
Gypsies have a culture that teaches them it is ok to steal from non-Gypsies.
Same can't be said about Russians. As a matter of fact, Russians are rather well integrated in Germany.
Baltic countries could have the same, a well integrated and productive Russian minority, which probably could help them to improve relations with Russia, if they didn't choose to discriminate against their minorities.
>>
>25% of your population being drug using HIV positive slav criminals and degenerates
fate worse than death
>>
>>70987737
>I would go full Nazi on their asses too, literal genocide.
so you would kill families, women and children, because spain relocated their ancestors to your country 50 years ago?
>>
>>70987737
https://youtu.be/mWJSKhEwjy8
>>
>>70985791

Because nazism never lost. Baltic micro nations are abusing Russians, Croatians/albanians/muslims are abusing ortodox nations on Balkan peninsula etc.
>>
>>70987830
I don't know if its true, but it seems to me that balts are suprizingly uncritical of their history of nazi collaboration
>>
>>70987737
>Nazi on their asses
Nah, go atatürk but not Nazi.
Relocation with some last bigger welfare check to either kaliningrad or crimea who both are regions profitting from more russian settlers.
>>
>>70986668
Find that hard to believe
>>
>>70987725
I am not talking about Estonia, I am talking about Lithuania. For Latvia and Lithuania your "statistic" is absolute bullshit.

>>70987747
I am not comparing Russians to gypsies, I am comparing how much of it is a government problem and how much incentive has to come from the minority. It is not as simple as you describe it. These territories, are still considered by many minority people, to be still part of Russia. Of course Russians are well integrated in Germany, it is Germany. Baltic countries will never have good relations with Russia, even if they tried and put 100% into it. It has to do with geo-politics, economics, everything... I think Finland is one of better examples of normal relations with Russia, but they don't have such minority. You can't really compare Baltics to pretty much anyone else in this matter, it is a single case. Well of course you can compare us to other ex-USSR nations and what their relations are with Russia, but admit it, no one wants life standards as those nations.

>>70987864
Actually we are and we had a heated debate about it last year when a woman released a new book called "Mūsiškiai" or "Ours"/"Our people". It describes in graphic details how Lithuanians collaborated and killed Jews, how they stole and sold their stuff etc. Our nationalist party, which gets less than 1% in elections, is frowned upon due to their "FUCK FAGGOTS LITHUANIA FOR LITHUANIANS" attitude. This Serb, like many people in this thread, doesn't know what he's talking about.

I am not trying to offend but you should just look more into it. I know it's a useless advice because most of sources are in Lithuanian and not in English, but lots of stuff said here are simply untrue. People who posted so far have made most of their research in news websites and 4chan.
>>
>>70987595
You can start by learning the language and aspiring towards becoming politician. Nobody hands you a government place on a silver plate just because you're a minority. Fucking minority/diversity quota niggers.
>>
>>70988021
> You can start by learning the language and aspiring towards becoming politician

Estonians will never support an ethnic russian.

Estonian boss will always reward estonian employees. Hell, he won't invite you for a job interview if you have wrong surname and name.
They do it on purpose to force people emigrate.
>>
I guess the Russians now know what it is like to be spoken down to inn a place they call home.
>>
>>70988021
Yeah, quotas are retarded I agree. But the main problem of baltic states is they inability to understand that russian will not migrate or just magically disappear. You need adopt americans way of dealing with them or you will continue to suffer and nothing will change for ages.
>>
Because it is easy and fun. :-DDDDD
>>
>>70988021
>Nobody hands you a government place on a silver plate just because you're a minority.
pro-tip: in estonia you can only be a member of the parliament if you have estonian citizenship...
>>
>>70988130
We know it since 1917 burger

>>70988201
...and estonian ancestry you forgot to add
>>
>>70988221
no i did not forget to add anything. if you want to get into estonian parliament, but you're a russian then learn the language, pass the national exams, wipe your ass with your russian passport and take part in the elections. until then stfu+gtfo
>>
>>70988283
You dirty estonian propagandist. You definitely know that your people will block any attempts for a russian to get into government.

Like directly in private conversations "he's not like us, let's better choose Rasmus bc he's true estonian"
>>
>>70988322
your hypocrisy knows no bound.

>in russia people would gladly with open arms embrace an estonian parliament official just because he/she is of a different race/ethnicity
>no way would "ivan, nash patsan" get a seat or be spoken of more highly than "jaan, the dirty fashist"
>>
>minorities
>>
>>70988395

>in russia people would gladly with open arms embrace an estonian parliament official just because he/she is of a different race/ethnicity

actually yes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Vaino

BTW your comparsion is wrong, I would compare it with tatars and russians. We have very few estonians here.

Anyway you didn't answer, you fuckin know I'm true.
>>
>>70988477
i did answer, you're just too stupid to read between the lines
>>
>>70988503
Your equality works on paper only. Russian gets a passport but he doesn't become equal to estonian.

He will NEVER be equal to estonians no matter what passport he hold.

No ANY estoinian will agree russian will be his boss instead of estonian.

You can find russians in police etc... Can you tell me why they always do ordinary job? Are they all degenerates? Nah there is something behind it. "something" is that your people will never agree to accept non-estonian high-ranking boss etc.
>>
>>70988598
>. Can you tell me why they always do ordinary job?
because they don't learn estonian. if you want to be part of estonia and live well you need to become estonian or fuck off
>>
File: Screenshot_20170208-162530.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170208-162530.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>Occupy a country
>Genocide 1/5th of ethnic people living there
>Trash their economy and ruin their country
>They become free
>Dont movs back to Russia bc Russia is shit
>Cant get job bc i refuse to learn Estonian or integrate
>My people have 90% of AIDS cases in Estonia
>My people commit 80% of all crime despite being 24% of population
>Listen to propaganda and spit on Estonian culture whilst leaching their wellfare

Gee i wonder why they hate me
>>
>>70988641
Those who learn estonian don't have ANY CHANCES TOO. I said "russian gets a passport" it means he passed language test and speaks estonian. But you will never accept him ANYWAY

>>70988674
>Listen to propaganda and spit on Estonian culture whilst leaching their wellfare

What welfare are you talking about? They pay taxes.
>>
>>70988714
Most Russians dont pay taxes. They work with envelope pay or just live on monetary support for having 3 or more children
>>
>largest country in the world
>feel like they have to live in a small shit like estonia

(You) have to go back.
>>
>>70988714
>Those who learn estonian don't have ANY CHANCES TOO. I said "russian gets a passport" it means he passed language test and speaks estonian. But you will never accept him ANYWAY
wrong

>What welfare are you talking about? They pay taxes.
no they don't.
>implying individuals pay taxes for wellfare
that's not even remotely close to how the tax/wellfare system here works and most of them leech state funds for unemployment payed out of the pocket of real employers (most of them estonian)
>>
File: 1477648348656-int.jpg (351KB, 1260x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1477648348656-int.jpg
351KB, 1260x1260px
>>70988767
Dont you have some wellfare to pay to the nigger raping your gf?
>>
>>70988767
> (You) have to go back.

Said christian from one of 55 no-go zones

>>70988790
> wrong

Its true you just refuse to admit this.
>>
File: 1485637386266.png (35KB, 511x410px) Image search: [Google]
1485637386266.png
35KB, 511x410px
>>70988714
>They pay taxes.
>>
>>70986367
only jews and Latvians according to based Adolf
>>
>>70988818
statistics clearly show that the young russians who have learned the language and integrated into estonian culturesphere do remarkably better than the ones who don't. they get better education, they get better jobs, they get better bitches...

such are the facts. now go on tell me more about my country
>>
>>70988818
>Says the retard who doesnt live in Estonia to a person living in Estonia.

In Russia all men are cuckolds. Its true you just wont admit it

See, you cant pull shit out lf your ass and call it a fact
>>
People seem to forget it was Latvians and Estonians who were opressed from the WW2 to independence.

Both ethnicities nearly became minorities in their own countries. Nearly thirty years later Russians think that they are "oppressed" ( read this as being "forced" to be bilingual ).

You all need ideal gassing.
>>
>>70985791

>russian's living in estonia's not allowed passports or vote
>estonia government offers free citizenship to anyone (else) who comes to the country
>estonia's president is an unelected swedish born america

Great job NATO.
>>
>>70988857>>70988882

> statistics clearly show that the young russians who have learned the language and integrated into estonian culturesphere do remarkably better than the ones who don't. they get better education, they get better jobs, they get better bitches...

Do they have chances to get into government? (No, they don't)
>>
well, been fun, it's now time to go out and oppress some russians lmao
>>
>>70986602
unfortunately they are also huge golddiggers

still I like non-bydlo russians though
>>
>>70988927
2 of our ministers are Russians u retard
>>
>>70988927
Unless you haven't noticed, one of the biggest parties in Latvia is a literal Russian 5th columnist leftist party supported by Kremlin and Co.

Russians with brains have integrated anyways, only those who are sub-human level still cling on their old Soviet fantasy land and power fantasies of Putin invading and liberating everything and setting them "free" from fascists.
>>
>>70988943
2? It's lower than their share in population (25%) Looks very suspicious...

Ah I forgot estonians are oppressive fascists
>>
>>70986614
EU gibs don't even make up 5% of our budget. You probably don't even understand how EU funds work.
>>
>>70988812
Go back, Ivan.
>>
>>70988997
Nah most Russians are retarded criminals
>>
>>70985791
because they should be deported to somewhere behind ural mountains
>>
>>70988974
> Unless you haven't noticed, one of the biggest parties in Latvia is a literal Russian 5th columnist leftist party supported by Kremlin and Co.

Your society is very atomised if russians vote for only one party and latvians never vote for this party.

>>70989015
You're proven fascist. Congratulations.
>>
>>70985791
I'm Russian and even I think that forcing all Russians to become Estonians or wither away is the only sensible path you can follow. It's Estonians' country, they make the rules.
>>
>>70989047
Just stating facts. Most Russians (In Estonia) have been criminally convicted and thus cannot be in Government
>>
>>70989047
Latvians vote all over the board, Russians are more tribalistic and collectivistic.

The line of rhetoric of that party is something along the lines of Moscow "We didn't do nutin wrong" line of thinking, so it really makes me think why would majority of Russians vote for a party like that.
>>
>>70989071
Literally this. If you want to be russian go to fucking Russia. This is Estonia, integrate or gtfo
>>
File: ead.png (532KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ead.png
532KB, 2000x2000px
>if finnish soldiers had not been able to repel the soviet offensive at the battle of tali-ihantala we'd today have the same r*ssian problem as estonians
wew too close for comfort lads
>>
>>70989047
Ofcourse latvian doesnt vote for this party, cuz noone wants to go back to SSRS,

now dimitry gtfo and go back to sucking stalin grandchild dick
>>
>>70989197

> go back to sucking stalin grandchild dick

This is what would latvians do since they fought for commies so hard
>>
File: Screenshot_20161105-213145.png (379KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161105-213145.png
379KB, 1440x2560px
>>70989257
Go and kill yourself, because thats what Russians did attacking us. U cunts are easy af to kill
>>
>>70989308
You should've helped tsar ;p
>>
>>70989347
U should take your people and leave Estonia
>>
>>70989257
They fought for commies because they wanted to disolve the Russian Empire for nationalistic reasons, not because they had some vested interest in socialism. Lenin was all about the right of self-determination, but funny how quickly he forgot those promises as soon as he found himself in power.

It's like you have forgotten that Russian Empire was becoming more agressive in its Russification attempts by later half of the 19th century.

I actually doubt you have read any history beyond whatever you've heard on /int/, /pol/ or on news.
>>
>>70989347
Tsar was incapable cuckold
>>
>>70989408
They are part of Estonia.
>>
>>70989500
No. If you dont like it here fucking leave. Our constitution says that the Republic of Estonia is created to defend, uphold, and advance ESTONIAN culture
>>
>trying to argue and reason with Russians

You people never learn. They're incapable of understanding what word integrating means.
>>
>>70989410
Also, this whole meme about Latvians being some sort of proto-commies fighting for Soviet ideals needs to die. So does the meme that we were some sort of good Nazis, while in reality only reason why Latvians fought for Nazis was because they were seen as a lesser evil compared to Communists, and even at that Latvians were expecting Western allies ( which, by the way had made promises to move their fleets and soldiers to Baltic, but we were betrayed because no ships or men came to aid Baltic countries ) to liberate them. Jesus Christ, legionnaries were known to sing songs that said that first ones whom they are going to give a kicking will be the reds, only to be followed by Germans. People who think that Latvians or Estonians had anything to gain out of either of the regimes need to die as they haven't opened a fucking history book.

>inb4 muh reich, muh romanticised legionnaires and muh /pol/ power fantasies
>inb4 russian fairy tales that are further from reality than I am from becoming an astronaut in Kyrgistan

I wish I could discuss any of this in our own general, but as far as I am concerned it is filled with nothing but meme spouting retards that dismiss anything coming from a Latvian flag because they convinced of some sort of superiority when in reality all of the Baltic countries are just Eastern European shitholes.

I've stated my case.
>>
>>70989589
> They're incapable of understanding what word integrating means.

Hehe white russian immigrants completely assimilated, russian germans, russian karels, russian israelis integrated pretty well. Russian americans have very good stats and live better than average american citizens.

There is something wrong ONLY with baltics.
>>
>>70989586
>>70989589
>>70989615
Leave the rusJew alone, its just an epic You bait here.
>>
File: lISJOrl.jpg (64KB, 956x631px) Image search: [Google]
lISJOrl.jpg
64KB, 956x631px
>>70985897
what are you doing in germoney if you care so much about the issue?
>>
>>70989648
>be a minority
>thus have as much power as a minority possibly could have
>call majority fascists for being a democratic country

You know what they call a regime where the minority of population ovverrides the will of the majority?

Fascism.

Ironically you've been calling us fascists for years now.
>>
>>70985791
Its payback time
>>
>>70989722
I would be careful if I was you, anything russia calls fascist, usually means they are ready to invade. Just like us and terrorism.
>>
>>70986191
There's a thing called
>NON
>CITIZEN
>PASSPORT
Which most Russians there have
>>
>>70989648
>Hehe white russian immigrants completely assimilated, russian germans, russian karels, russian israelis integrated pretty well. Russian americans have very good stats and live better than average american citizens.

Pretty much none of those that you've mentioned are ethnically Russians and are not comparable. Israeli-"Russians" are just simply Jews and their mentality is not comparable. Russians don't integrate anywhere in Eastern Europe, best example is Ukraine. Whole Eastern Ukraine is full of Russians who outright refuse to learn or speak Ukrainian, same applies to Baltics.
>>
>>70989755
For almost thirty years now to be quite honest. Every year the issue becomes more and more of an non-issue as Russians that are so dumb that they can only speak only language are decreasing.

What Moscow forgets to report in its "unbiased" news is that the amount of Russians that are integrated has actually been increasing ever since the fall of USSR. How convenient.

If I am to believe Russian news, Latvia is like some sort of a country-wide concentration camp where Russians are opressed daily by evil Latvian Nazis. Reality is, eh, quite different.
>>
>>70989823
> Pretty much none of those that you've mentioned are ethnically Russians and are not comparable

No man.

80% of them discovered non-russian roots when they found an opportunity to immigrate.

> Whole Eastern Ukraine is full of Russians who outright refuse to learn or speak Ukrainian

It's their homeland. This time you CANT say they were "imported by occupation regime".

Because Ukraine is a fucking successor of Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic. Because russians there lived before soviet times.
>>
>>70989897
>80% of them discovered non-russian roots when they found an opportunity to immigrate.
Which is exactly what he said
>It's their homeland.
It isn't and i can. They were imported by the soviets.
By the way Siberia is rightful Ukrainian clay.
>>
>>70989178
This. Also 1/3 of us would have been genocided and our country would have been a struggling eastern european country
>>
>>70989956
> They were imported by the soviets.
> By the way Siberia is rightful Ukrainian clay.

ok troll
>>
forgive and forget lads

that way we'll never get to create a pan-Indogermanic Empire
>>
>>70990003
So Eastern Ukraine can be their homeland but Siberia can't be ours?
>>
>>70989897
>80% of them discovered non-russian roots when they found an opportunity to immigrate.

Don't make me laugh, you probably don't even know how many of Russian-Americans are not even Russians.

>Some Ukrainian Americans, Belarusian Americans, Russian Jewish Americans, Russian German Americans and Rusyn Americans identify as Russian Americans.

Yeah whatever but a quarter of a century passed it's not USSR anymore, point in Baltics that they were imported here during USSR are not native here and already almost 30 years have passed yet some of these Russians outright refuse to integrate.

If I were to immigrate to lets say Italy or somewhere I'd have a moral duty and obligation to learn their language. If I don't I severely limit prospects of live in there, since my job selection and everything else would be severely limited. Would you consider qualifying this as oppression by Italians if I refuse to learn their language and integrate into their society?
>>
>>70990064
Find a job, relocate to Krakow, forget ukrainianess.

Amen.

>>70990136
> If I were to immigrate to lets say Italy or somewhere I'd have a moral duty and obligation to learn their language. If I don't I severely limit prospects of live in there, since my job selection and everything else would be severely limited. Would you consider qualifying this as oppression by Italians if I refuse to learn their language and integrate into their society?

They learn language, integrate and fit in every society. There is problem with baltic states ONLY. You will never find anybody who had problems with russian diaspora outside Baltic states. It's just your fucking fault.
>>
>>70990210
>You will never find anybody who had problems with russian diaspora outside Baltic states
>>
How not to hate Ruskies after USSR, /int/?
>>
>>70990230
Exactly.

It's not diaspora in ukraine. You fucker now tell me they are alien in ukraine? lmao
>>
>>70990210
Okay you don't even hide that you're trolling.

>They learn language, integrate and fit in every society. There is problem with baltic states ONLY. You will never find anybody who had problems with russian diaspora outside Baltic states. It's just your fucking fault.

I'l repeat to you again situation like Russian-Americans are different and not comparable. Out of 3 million Russians Americans are only 900k are ethnic Russians and only 300k of those are born in USSR. Which in a country of 300 million is drop of piss in a sea.

In Baltic states these Russians were imported during communist era and weren't exactly the brightest minds, but mostly factory/construction workers. Who probably still a big chunk misses communism. Russians in Baltics states are not comparable to those living in America.
>>
File: GeorgeLincolnRockwell.jpg (36KB, 200x256px) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeLincolnRockwell.jpg
36KB, 200x256px
>>70985791
they are free to integrate or leave or keep on the being oppressed act
it's a free country
do what you want
>>
File: C4KqKz5XAAk76lO.jpg (68KB, 605x638px) Image search: [Google]
C4KqKz5XAAk76lO.jpg
68KB, 605x638px
Baltics will be wiped out in my lifetime
>>
>>70987268
when the occupation ended
you should have left
you were not welcome to stay
>>
>>70987956
>Baltic countries will never have good relations with Russia, even if they tried and put 100% into it.
I wonder, why do you think that? As you said, Finland has relativly normal relations with Russia, part of it because they are not in the NATO. I am sure Russia would be willing to do some concessions for the Baltic states to leave the NATO. Because currently, Russia feels kinda threatend by the fact that American troops are so close to their heartland.

>Actually we are and we had a heated debate about it last year when a woman released a new book called "Mūsiškiai" or "Ours"/"Our people".
Oh, this is good to hear. I had no idea that Lithuanian people have this sort of discussions going on, but it is certanly good news
>>
>>70988021
>Nobody hands you a government place on a silver plate just because you're a minority.
Actually, that's exactly how it works. In a democracy, minorities need special protection from the tyranny of majority. Thats why in Germany, our Frisean, Sorbish and Danish minorities have a guaranteed quota of representation
>>
>>70988674
I didn't occupy Estonia or genocide Estonians. I learned Estonian ans spoke it as good as my mother tongue. And yet I was treated as a second class citizen
>>
>>70988891
Unfortunately, all to often, the opressed ones become the opresses, when they get the chance.
Just look at Israel
>>
>>70990603
>>70990645
>>70990695
>>70990738
>everyone else is the problem
die
>>
>>70990255
>implying Russians are native to Ukraine
>being this /rus/
>>
>>70990738
>opressed ones become opressors
We aren't opressing shit in the first place you retard. Only issue in this place is that Russians can't learn the language and naturalise, rest is excuses.

Ayy lmao, just stop telling me about my own country when you haven't been here ever since the late 90's.
>>
>>70985791
>be me
>have russian heritage
>no opression
>>
Russian tourists who visit is disgusted by our russian minority.
>>
>>70990603
>>70990645
>I wonder, why do you think that?
Because that's not useful for Russia. Just like with USA, it is useful to have such neighbouring state in a frozen conflict. Example: Ukraine. You always have someone to blame and something to keep people distracted. It is same in Lithuanian media and other countries' media, it's not something magical.

>Baltics should leave NATO and Russia will make concessions
Haha yes, we should have a Russian military base as well. Nothing wrong will happen, promise. Anyway these soldiers and military exercises on both borders are just tests and shows of power, nothing more. Our main headline in the biggest news website is literally about Russian possibility to invade with their latest military exercise, not even kidding. It keeps people distracted.

I also think that different minorities can't and shouldn't be compared like that. Sorbs, Danes and Frisians are quite different than say, Russian minority in Baltics. Those smaller minorities are not politically motivated for anything nor they have some kind of call for separatism from a neighbouring country. Their languages are usually protected because they are small in numbers. Neither Russian culture nor Russian language need to be ""protected"", Russians only watch Russian channels which are fully available here, dozens of them and speak Russian with natives freely.

Again, it is a language problem. Not fascism, not oppression, it's language and politics. Minorities can be exploited, separated, motivated etc. How it is now is really due to circumstances of history. There is really no 100% appropriate example you could use to compare in a "here, they have it exactly same but they do well" way.
>>
>>70990812
Obiviously, Russians are not as opressed as the Palestinians, and it is also true that I am not aware of the recent development in Baltic countries. I can only hope that the situation improved since I last was there.
I can only tell the experiences I made in Estonia back there, and in Germany, there is no doubt that people treat me better, there are no sentiments against Russians here
>>
>be some Russian dude
>want to go to spelling competition
>apparently pretty good
>some asshole teacher forbids me
>:'(
>emmigrate
>twenty years later and thousand kilometres away
>WHY ARE BALTIC COUNTRIES SO OPPRESSIVE TO RUSSIANS, THIS ONE TIME I COULDN'T GO TO SPELLING COMPETITION TWENTY YEARS AGO ERGO SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH BALTICS ITS NOT OUR FAULT WE CANT LEARN YOUR LANGUAGE BECAUSE WHY SHOULD WE I MEAN ITS YOUR PROBLEM WE CANT INTEGRATE I ALSO KNOW YOUR COUNTRY BETTER DESPITE NOT HAVING LIVED IN IT FOR A LONG LONG TIME
>etc.

This thread is comedy gold.
>>70990973
No one is opressed here in the first place, stop repeating this bullshit, it has been demonstrated to be wrong for thousands of times.

If you want to be a citizen in LATVIA you must be able to speak LATVIAN. If you can't speak the language of the country whose citizenship you want, you can't be its citizen. It is that simple.

This is so ridiculously simple, it's mind bogglingly absurd to try to understand what sort of issue Russians have with this simple rule.

Even at that, to live in Rīga, you must know Russian even if you are Latvian because Russian is still pretty commonly used and there are plenty of Russians who either refuse to speak Latvian or simply haven't learnt it. Good thing there are more Russians who speak Latvian nowadays, so please stop spreading this bullshit from Kremlin about our situation being terrible and blah blah blah. I already pointed it out that kremlin is yet to place any positive statistics implying integration in their own news. They only focus on some old farts on 16th of May and some retarded Russians who refuse to learn Latvian, therefore fascism lmao.

And yes, most Latvians dislike Russians, but there is a good reason for that if you haven't noticed.
>>
>>70990966
>Because that's not useful for Russia. Just like with USA, it is useful to have such neighbouring state in a frozen conflict. Example: Ukraine.
I do see the situation in Ukraine differently. In my opinion, UKraine used to be a state in Russian sphere of influence, kinda like Belarus. Then the coup happend, backed up by Americans, and Russia was afraid that Ukraine will join NATO. That's why they annexed Crimea and are supporting the separatist powers in the east of Ukraine.

>Haha yes, we should have a Russian military base as well. Nothing wrong will happen, promise.
So how do you explain Finland? They are not members of NATO, yet they don't get invaded. In fact, I remember Putin pointing out that Russia values Finlands neutrality very much, and thats the reason why they dont station military equippement close to Finnish border.

>Neither Russian culture nor Russian language need to be ""protected"", Russians only watch Russian channels which are fully available here, dozens of them and speak Russian with natives freely.
I can only speak about Estonia, but while they have almost 30% of Russian speaking population, Russian is not an accepted language, and Russian speaking people can't commuicate with the government agencies because of their bad Estonian language.
Wouldn't it be better to have a solution like in the Switzerlands, where several languages are official?
>>
>>70989615
Hitler said Latvians were the worst butchers that did the dirty work even the tcheka shied away from.

is dis true?
>>
>>70991127
the problem is, that until the fall of soviet union, it was perfectly possible to have a successful life in Lativa without the knowledge of Latvian language
Then, with the independance, from one day to the other, suddenly Latvian was the only official language (at least thats how it happend in Estonia).
I agree that if one lives in Latvia, he should be able to speak the Latvian language. But I think it would have been better if this transition would have happend gradually, not from one moment to the other, suddenly removing a large amount of population from public life and forcing them to form a parallel society
>>
>>70991149
>So how do you explain Finland? They are not members of NATO, yet they don't get invaded. In fact, I remember Putin pointing out that Russia values Finlands neutrality very much, and thats the reason why they dont station military equippement close to Finnish border.
Russians are to this day constantly mocking our airspace and moving more and more troops next to our border. And 78 years ago they tried to enslave us to expand the USSR empire. Sergei Lavrov has said that if Finland joined NATO, we (finns) will be risking the world having to experience ww3. Such a good neighbors indeed.
>>
>>70991374
for funland 100th birthday they questioned the legality of the grand duchy separating from the empire
such good neighbors.
>>
>>70991374
Sure, your relations are not perfect by any stretch of the immagination, and sadly Russia often behaves agressivly towards its neighbours. But you can't deny that your relations with Russia are much better than the relations of baltic states with them.
As a matter of fact, Finland profited both from beeing the "neutral" country during the cold war, having trade relations with both the east and the west
>>
>>70991180
Hitler also thought that they wuz ancient Aryan kangz and shieet. I don't see Hitler as some sort of an authority on Eastern European history.
>>70991296
That's because Latvia was occupied by a government that prefered Russian and was forcibly Russifying our country. There is a word and it is called occupation, look it up.

Nothing was ever removed from the public life anyways, there have been Russian parties in parliament ever since the 90's and they have been rather powerful and could be accused of being a fifth column as most of them have been shown to be sponspored by, surprise suprise, Kremlin.

Anyways, your logic is that it is somehow our problem that we got occupied by a foreign power and that we do not accomodate for the left overs of an occupying force.

Russians like to play victim card here, it is quite honestly very pathetic coming from them.
>>
File: 1415833190973.gif (195KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1415833190973.gif
195KB, 800x600px
>>70989648
>There is something wrong ONLY with baltics.
The sword cuts both ways. We have other nationalities living here as well, not just russians and latvians. Why are we not hearing a peep from them about muh oppression?
>>
>>70991180
How can we do the chekas dirty work if we were the one killed by cheka?

Boggles your mind huh?

So the answer to your question is no. The only purging we have done us has been for our own and German intereses
>>
>>70991431
Only because Balts are much weaker than Finland i imagine
>>
>>70991180
We have one of the most feminine cultures in Europe, but the people here have been pretty damn good at killing. When conscripted, our lads have always been shock troops fighting for whoever and our purges are pretty effective.

Hence why everyone with a brain should just leave us to our squabbles. The people here re perfectly content to just do our best to survive and nag on each other. That would change fast if another came here with violence in mind.
>>
>>70991471
>Anyways, your logic is that it is somehow our problem that we got occupied by a foreign power and that we do not accomodate for the left overs of an occupying force.
Well, isn't it your problem that you have a huge Russian minority in your country that have little loyalty to Latvian government?
And I understand, it is hard to have nice feelings towards your occupiers, but I dont think it is really fair to blame the individual Latvian Russians for Soviet occupation.
I just think that Lativa and the other Baltic states would do better if they managed to integrate their Russian population., and giving them minority rights and accepting Russian as official language would certanly help
>>
>>70991622
I think the reason is that Finland actually won a war against Russia, so they are not as butthurt towards them as the Baltic states, who never got their "revenge" for soviet occupation.
Same reason why many Poles are butthurt about Germany, while Russians are not
>>
>>70991431
We have to trade with Russia because we share a +1000km border. Having a western european country in our eastern border would be great and boost our economy to danish/swiss levels.
>>
Russian women deserve the BEC
>>
>>70991149
>So how do you explain Finland?
1,3 % Russian population

>Ukraine used to be a state in Russian sphere of influence
You do realize that in Russian schools they still teach that Baltics joined USSR voluntarily, right? How are we not Ukraine in that sense?

The thing with making an official language is that it won't really make the Russian minority learn native language. Quite the opposite, it would encourage to keep speaking Russian. The main reason why even I, from first hand real life experiences saw so many Russians illiterate in Lithuanian, is that when we were in Soviet Union, there were Russian schools which they could choose to go to. So not that many of them finished actual Lithuanian schools in Lithuanian. It's not such a problem with younger generation, it's more with older folk. Sometimes they do know Lithuanian but refuse to speak it. It's in mentality. You can make any language official, they just won't do it.

I think that this issue is still too early to solve and that younger people first need to replace the last folks who lived in USSR or who at least had their childhood in it.

To be honest, here in Lithuania, we have about same amount of Russians as Poles. Both are at around 6%. Russians aren't concentrated in any area, so they aren't majority anywhere yet people complain. Poles actually make majority in Vilnius region (not the city) but there are little complaints, even if there were any in recent past.

>>70991669
>isn't it your problem that you have a huge Russian minority in your country that have little loyalty to Latvian government
not when they are politically influenced by a foreign television and other media
>>
>>70990645
It depends how you define the minority. In our case it is 60/40 Dutch/French, and because of the much higher impact factor of the French culture in the old days (and given that a historical, mainly upper-class, minority of French-speaking of Flemings has always been present in Flanders since the high Middle Ages) that minority actually had a greater influence than the majority, hence why we pushed so hard for federalism and cultural independence, which we recieved in the early 70s.

To compare to the Baltics, let's pretend the German-speaking historical upper class would still be present there, exactly how much rights would you give those people? Always take into account the impact factor of a higher culture. In that sense it is hardly comparable to the Sorbs in Germany.

Russian is up there with English, French and German regarding impact factor. Native speakers of that language will more often than not feel it is unnessecary for them to learn a "smaller" language. When you let them it results into the position of Irish in Ireland, not officially the third most spoken language there after English and Polish.

So what I am saying is, a minority of a culture (language-wise) with a high impact factor is not comparable to eg. Sorbs and Frisians.
>>
>>70991669
We won't ever accept Russian as a minority language. It would do nothing to integrate Russians, it would only make them more stubborn about their almost God given rights ( or so they seem to view them ) to speak Russian and not learn Latvian.

Russia is the largest country in the world. There are millions of Russians living there.

Latvia is a small country. Latvians only live in one country. There are barely any Latvians in the world. Latvia is a state that has a vested interest in preserving the Latvian ethnicity and Latvian language. Accepting language of a power that occupied us is not the way to achieve this.

You speak as if it was some sort of a Latvian duty to educate Russians in Latvian, but it isn't so. If you do not like it here, leave. If you want to integrate, you have to put some work in it. Why do Russians have the strongest Soviet mentality in Eastern Europe when it comes to role of government? It almost seems that your people want to be handheld into integration.

Anyways, there isn't much to discuss. Latvia, nor Estonia will ever adopt Russian as a minority language. Whomever wanted to integrate has already done it in these respective states, whomever didn't, well, it is their problem. By every passing year this becomes less and less of a problem.
>>
>>70991669
>I just think that Lativa and the other Baltic states would do better if they managed to integrate their Russian population., and giving them minority rights
List the rights they do not have but would benefit from.

>and accepting Russian as official language would certanly help
>integrate them by giving them more reason to not integrate and live in their own bubble
I guess you also support Arabic as a second language for Germany.
>>
>>70991749
certanly, but you can't choose your neighbours, you have to make the best of the situation you are in.
And in my humble opinion, Finland handles the situation way better than the baltic states.

>>70991779
>1,3 % Russian population
If you had better relations with Russia, your having many Russians could benefit you, since you naturally have a lot of people who fluently speak Russian, making trade with your eastern neighbour easier.

>How are we not Ukraine in that sense?
The big difference is that your countries are in the EU. And I know that many people think Putin is literally Hitler, but he is actually a very pragmatic politician and he wouldn't starte a war with a huge union right next to his border.

>The thing with making an official language is that it won't really make the Russian minority learn native language.
I dont think this is what would happen, if Latvian language would offer better career opportunities for Russians. Sure, you would have some amount of lower class Russians, who would stick to their language, but at least they would be still able to contribute to your society.

>not when they are politically influenced by a foreign television and other media
I think the reason is that Baltic countries have bad relations with Russia. If the relations were to improve, I am sure that Russia would tone down its propaganda
>>
>>70991964
I actually dare to say Russian question is slowly enough becoming an non-issue in Baltic states compared to twenty years earlier.
>>
>>70991915
I agree, it is certanly not an easy situation when your country is divided into two large groups, and I heard that it causes some problems in Belgium.
But do you really believe that your country would be better off if the Dutch majority would decided to have only Dutch as official language, and outlaw French?
>>
>>70991964
>We won't ever accept Russian as a minority language. It would do nothing to integrate Russians, it would only make them more stubborn about their almost God given rights ( or so they seem to view them ) to speak Russian and not learn Latvian.
I think it is true that not all Russians would bother to learn Latvian language. But with Russian as an official language, even those lower class Russians could contribute to the society, and I imagine that the more ambitious ones would learn Latvian either way.

>You speak as if it was some sort of a Latvian duty to educate Russians in Latvian, but it isn't so.
It is not your duty. I just think your country would be better off if you did it
>>
>>70991982
>List the rights they do not have but would benefit from.
Governement representation quote and Russian as official language

>I guess you also support Arabic as a second language for Germany.
There is a huge difference with minorities who come as refugees and those that historically used to live in your country for a long time
>>
>>70992184
Quotas are retarded and these people don't live here since a long time. Besides, many of them aren't just the people who used to live here, many of them came together with the invading forces. I'd say refugees should be treated even better, as they came running away from their country from conflict or to earn more money, meaning that at least they have motivation.
>>
>>70992370
I don't know about Lithuania, but Estonia always had a Russian minority. My ancestors lived in the east of Estonia for at least couple of hundrets of years
>>
>>70992184
>Governement representation quote and Russian as official language

One of the strongest parties parties is a Russian 5th column one as was explained here. We have at least one parliamentarian who can barely string together 2 sentences in Latvian and stood out by showing middle finger to the people in one case. Not to mention a lot of other Russians who are in there. We have a fucking shitton of Russians in our government. Quotas are garbage and the very definition of discrimination.

Explain your reasons on how making Russian an official language would help with integration.

>There is a huge difference with minorities who come as refugees and those that historically used to live in your country for a long time

No one invited them. They are invaders that were literally moved here with the express purpose of diluting our culture and making it easier to extinguish it. There is zero reason to kowtow to them.
>>
>>70992465
>One of the strongest parties parties is a Russian 5th column one as was explained here. We have at least one parliamentarian who can barely string together 2 sentences in Latvian and stood out by showing middle finger to the people in one case.
I am not familiar with Latvian political landscape, but I would imagine it happens because Russians in your country have bad education and thus elect retards. Better education would probably help to solve the problem

>Quotas are garbage and the very definition of discrimination.
But without quotas, minorities will be always subjected to the tyrarnny of the majority.

>No one invited them. They are invaders that were literally moved here with the express purpose of diluting our culture and making it easier to extinguish it. There is zero reason to kowtow to them.
It is not your moral obligation, but it would certanly help you to improve your country
>>
>buhuhu my ancestor raped to many lithuanias woman and now i want to do the same but there is no war so i have to pretend to i'm minority rights
fuck you slavshit you all need to die
>>
>>70992693
my ancestors were peasants in eastern estonia.
they didn't rape anybody, at least not to my knowledge
>>
what a fucking retarded thread
russians are the problem, the end
>>
>>70992584
i have not read all this thread but this :
> Better education would probably help to solve the problem
Is such an obvious statement that it should never been use in such an argument.
Seriously better education is obviously the solution for every fucking problem this planet has. If it was that simple we would be travelling the milyway. Instead i'm here on 4chan reading about problems i didn't even know exist 5min ago.
By the way this
>reading about problems i didn't even know exist 5min ago.
is not proper english at all could you please help.
>>
>>70992584
>Better education would probably help to solve the problem
They have the same chances at education as everyone else. Pick a school, study hard, get good education. There is no segregation unless they want for there to be one.

>tyrarnny of the majority
You mean democracy? Yes, horrifying, ain't it.God forbid they have to live in a country where the locals don't roll out a red carpet for them everywhere they go.

>It is not your moral obligation, but it would certanly help you to improve your country
Only thing that would improve this place would a mass hanging of our politicians and an end to corruption. We need people with vision at the helm who are capable of making the tough decisions that would benefit the future generations. Russkies are literally nothing in the grand scheme of things as long as their very own country next door doesn't chimp out.
>>
>>70992071
No of course not, and although there is still some resentment and revanchism, federalism and cultural independence solved a lot of issues. Of course for us that wasn't hard, as we just made the language-border, which was the old Roman road from Köln to Boulogne-sur-Mer, the border between communities and both parties agreed to give minorities in places close to the language border certain facilities (bilingual signs, being able to ask for administration to be served in both languages).

It works to some extent, because in the monolingual areas you have to learn the language of the community. But still in some areas like the Flemish ring around Brussels French-speaking richfags buy all the properties and demand to be served in French there, or they demand a "corridor" to Wallonia through Flemish soil. Naturally there is a lot of hatred between both communities there.

I can't say to what extent such a thing would work in the Baltics. When the minority lives spread over a whole country, this can't work.
>>
>>70992828
>They have the same chances at education as everyone else. Pick a school, study hard, get good education. There is no segregation unless they want for there to be one.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there are both Latvian and Russian schools in your country, and Russian schools have a far worse quality than the Latvian ones. At least this was the situation in Estoina

>You mean democracy? Yes, horrifying, ain't it.God forbid they have to live in a country where the locals don't roll out a red carpet for them everywhere they go.
Democracy is great, but it always runs in danger of opressing minoirties. That's why minorities need special protection in a democratic system

>Only thing that would improve this place would a mass hanging of our politicians and an end to corruption.
I hope for you that you will successfully manage to fight the corruption, which is a huge problem in pretty much every post-communist country
>>
>>70992999
>Democracy is great, but it always runs in danger of opressing minoirties. That's why minorities need special protection in a democratic system
Just like minorities in USSR had?
>>
>>70993126
USSR was bad
No reason for baltic states to be bad aswell
>>
>>70992828
Tell me, how could Russians in 90' learn your language, if all of you lived in one country where you need to know only one, which isn't yours? Let's say they are 50yo or older - how could they manage to learn the new language that is one of the most difficult languages in Europe? This is impossible for anyone either you are Russian or not.
>>
>>70992967
I think the big advantage of Belgium is that there was little ill will between the Flemish and Wallonish population.
In baltic states, Russians are naturally seen as invaders, which makes integration and peaceful coexistance more difficult
>>
File: 1481704763087.png (192KB, 1000x648px) Image search: [Google]
1481704763087.png
192KB, 1000x648px
Which Baltic country liked the USSR the most?
>>
>>70993143
They have the right to do as they please as they are free now.

Maybe russians shouldn't have had such an oppressive attitude towards its minorities in the past. Karma is a bitch.

Besides Estonian and Latvian oppression is nothing compared to USSR oppression.
>>
>>70993336
sure, they can do what they want, and I agree that opression was way worse in the USSR.
But I think they would benefit from helping their russian minorities to become successful members of society
>>
>>70992999
>Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there are both Latvian and Russian schools in your country, and Russian schools have a far worse quality than the Latvian ones. At least this was the situation in Estoina
There are. We are such fascists and oppressors that we offer them a choice to go to Russian schools. Key word is "offer", no one forces them to. There is no school in the country that will say no to an ethnic Russian kid unless he's a literal retard that doesn't know a single word in Latvian, in which case I think you can understand why he'd be told to look elsewhere. Not like there is an excuse. There are fucking Chinese kids in schools here now. If they can make it, anyone else has no excuse.

Again, there is no segregation unless they want for there to be one.

>Democracy is great, but it always runs in danger of opressing minoirties. That's why minorities need special protection in a democratic system
Yeah nah. They don't like it, they can leave. There will be no ass kissing here after our colorful history.

>>70993154
>This is impossible for anyone either you are Russian or not.
So let me get this straight. Latvians that were forced to learn Russian and German for centuries could do it regardless of their age, but these faggots find it impossible despite living in the land for decades? Well, friend, I have good news for them and you. Their very own country is one train ride away. Tickets cost like 10 euros and can be made one way.
>>
>>70993393
Learning a second language shouldn't be that hard. All the USSR minorities had to learn russian
>>
>>70993154
heh are you retarded?
everyone speaks the language in the country, you could even learn a bit without even trying because you would heard them speak every single day on the street on tv and so on so you would just need to be more into it and try to communicate on your own, but apparently they just don't give a shit
>>
File: e1b.jpg (65KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
e1b.jpg
65KB, 625x625px
>oppression
>>
>>70993539
heh, wrong spoof image, but you get the point
>>
>>70993437
I dont remember calling you facist, so I would really appreciate if we could lead this discussion without resorting to strawmen.
And I think the problem is that the quailty of Russian schools is far worse, leading to an uneducated Russian lower class, who cant be productive and elect stupid politicians.

>Yeah nah. They don't like it, they can leave. There will be no ass kissing here after our colorful history.
I am sad you feel this way, but I guess it is only natural, after your history of soviet occupation.

>Latvians that were forced to learn Russian and German for centuries could do it regardless of their age
two wrongs dont make it right
>>
>>70993472
if you are young, sure, it isn't hard.
But as the czech poster pointed out, many people were in their 50s or even older when suddenly the need to learn a second language arose. Basically, they were dammed to become the lower class of society
>>
File: traditional_russian_family.jpg (340KB, 1280x912px) Image search: [Google]
traditional_russian_family.jpg
340KB, 1280x912px
>xaxa look at western cucks giving welfare to migrants enjoy your no go zones ))
>noo how dare you oppress muh minority they wuz god bois who din du nuffin need mo money for them integrations
>>
>>70993622
Just like in USSR. Do you now see why they do it? Let them control their own country. USSR days are over.
>>
>>70993583
>I dont remember calling you facist, so I would really appreciate if we could lead this discussion without resorting to strawmen.
It's a joke. A running gag thanks to the prevalent "pribalti fashisty".

>two wrongs dont make it right
You're treating Russians as brain damaged imbeciles despite them giving the world excellent artists, writers and scientists. Trust me, they can do it. When push comes to shove and you play the idiot for long enough, even these 50+ old characters start speaking Latvian. Broken one, but it's more than usable. he only reason why they don't do it more often in their day to day lives is because...they don't want to.
>>
File: latvianssr.png (25KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
latvianssr.png
25KB, 1000x500px
cool flag desu
>>
>>70987226
>Sad. I can only hope that the next generation of Baltic people will be more tolerant towards people of different culture and skin color.
pffff don't you see that your shitty tolerance gonna ruin your country?
delusional
there is nothing wrong with being racist
>>
>>70993437
>they forced us to learn so this is our turn to force them

>>70993493
But for getting citizenship this is not enough to learn a bit.
>>
>>70994014
>But for getting citizenship this is not enough to learn a bit.
well if you need the citizenship you need to put some work into it why would you give citizenship to a guy that doesn't even passed the national exam and doesn't speak the language well?
that doesn't make sense
>>
>>70994093
>to a guy that doesn't even passed
*haven't
>>
File: 1425068787240.jpg (81KB, 678x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1425068787240.jpg
81KB, 678x1000px
>>70994014
Having to learn the language of the place you are living in is literally the way it has always worked regardless of our age.
>>
File: 158.png (15KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
158.png
15KB, 447x378px
ITT confirmation Balts are in dire need of Liberation once again
>>
>>70993823
Some people will adapt and learn Latvian, sure. However, others wont manage to do this and will be left behind, thus remaining unproductive and a drain to society.

>>70994242
it didn't work that way 30 years ago, when it was perfectly possible to live in baltic states with only knowing russian language
>>
>>70994726
Then they should move to russia
>>
>>70994726
>it didn't work that way 30 years ago, when it was perfectly possible to live in baltic states with only knowing russian language
well guess what time changes it isn't soviet union
>>
>>70994900
i agree. I just wish the change would have been more gradual, so Russians in Baltics would have a chance to adapt
>>
File: 4L_U4ghfsCu.jpg (119KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
4L_U4ghfsCu.jpg
119KB, 600x503px
>>70985791
I was there the Pepole are shit i dont like this Baltic hipstars they are all american sluts now !!!evrey one speak in English there evrey one just its discasting this Pepole are all belong to poland level not strong russian serbs ukrainans and belarussians or germans

Balts are american and all the world sluts and it Will stay like this forever

Dont even dare to say a balt is a slav even if a balt is a russian even thet his a russian fuck all Baltic Pepole fuck the russians there to and fuck the real balts

Why any strong East cyrrilic slav need to go to some shit land thet no one give a fuck about balts are all losers and hipstars

Russians need to go to poland or hungaria or czechslovakia or East germania bur Never to balts this Pepole are galabol and boring

Slavs are like this

Vladimir go and kill this america Guy
Ok miroslav i Will kill him i hate americans fuck englos slavs and englos can Never be friends no problem moj brat

Weak Balts are like this

Arnest moskivicus go kill this american Guy ok
Ok vladis mirovis but no i can Do it sorry call the East slavs to Do it i love americans i Love there movies and Nigers god bless america we are friends for ever

Fuck you balts you are not importent and Never Will be watch us the slavs becoming empire soon and cry whan russia serbija and greeks take constantinopol back and kill all turks

Fuck you balts just watch the sagas of the slavs becoming great and cry watch us with your eyes

New empire soon it Will take just a one man and 500000000 East slavic soldiers to finish the job of our ancestors

But This time in the next war we Will born latvia and istonia to the Max and replace all of them with polacks and russians balts are a mistake of poland and russia balts are not Pepole they all need to Die just like the jews :)

God bless East slavs and deus vult to My self and My Pride for My slavic blood to remove all balts from this world
>>
>>70994989
soon it gonna be almost 30 years since the fall of soviet union so IMO they had a lot of time to adopt
>>
>>70994726
its always the foreigners responsibility to integrate. if they didn't bother to do it 30 years ago then they wont do it today unless forced
>>
>>70993294
Lithuania is actually the only Baltic country with history worth shit. Lithuanian should be where the Estonian is, not the other way around. Estonians were potato farmers just like Latvians for the most of their existance while Lithuanians were busy making one of the largest European countries at the time and setting foundation for PLC, a major Eastern European power for a long time.

Just lol @ Estonian power fantasies.
>>
>>70995085
nice proxy igor
>>
>>70995241
Many russians faked their jewish ancestry just to get out of beloved soviet union after it collapsed.
>>
>>70995093
>adopt

Never i Will just cut your head off them My head off and Die happy but Will Never adopt your shity fake dialect

East slavs have Pride some thing thet you Will Never hed and Will Never have our kodex is kill me or i kill you you balt i am russian there can only be one

Also why dont you tell your gaverment to kill all the russians in baltia just like stalin Did to balts ?

Problem Will be selved ?? But no balts are to weak even to fight a russian so you diss them ?
>>
>implying I'm gonna reply to that utterly stupid post
think again
>>
Blyat cyka pribalti fashisti
>>
>>70995517
you can tell his nationality by the amount of spelling errors in his posts. he is either Russian or very stupid
>>
>>70995517
They pretty trashy in isreal too from what i hear.
>>
>>70995241
You shot the fuck up if i was you all the Nigers muslims in Swedan was dead all ready

Just post your black metal demos dungeon synth projects
>>
>>70995517
yeah, they had to fake it because someone killed a lot of our local Jews without any remorse
>>
>>70995785
That's right, fuck Stalin and Lenin
>>
>>70995658
blyat we wuz emperorz and shieeet gib me dats cyka gib ME THE FUCK GIBS NOW FUCK BLYAT
>>
File: big man tyson.gif (4MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
big man tyson.gif
4MB, 320x180px
>>70995085
What kind of a pasta is this?
>>
bravo, estonia
>>
>>70995732
>You shot the fuck up if i was you all the Nigers muslims in Swedan was dead all ready
then why are there still Muslims in russia
>>
>>70995855
Fuck Stalin and Lenin and bolsiviks but god bless the white army and all russian ukrainan belarussian german soviet emperial soldiers thet died in honer in the War bcoz of this red bolsivik scums not even let us become a ortahdox union and the new rome

I am consider My self greek now not russian but still russian serbs and greeks are brothers from the same mother and have same history and same alfabet and liturgia and holydays

Balts are fuckd if they like there latin alfabet more them the cyrrilic alfabet thet the greeks give us

Greeks and ortahdox liturgia above all rome and constantinopol for ever in My heart My hate to turks and westeners Will Never go in the west satan born and in the west the world end and Die the antixrist Will come from the west by the jews soon i spit on the west and East slavs need to know thet the west Will Never help us and the wast chatollics Will for ever Will be the problem for the East ortahdox

The west end whan the East come whan greece start the vatican over its a War btwen ortahdox and chatollics

Ortahdox helpd other ortahdox Pepole like russia halpd serbia and bulgaria in sipka and Kosovo (babiluns)

Chatollics Never halpd no one just for themself (jews)
>>
>>70996363
pasta a'laxandr
>>
>>70992999
Here are the best high schools in Latvia http://www.skolureitings.lv/?page_id=276
>The second and the fifth are Russian schools

Here are the best smaller high schools and primary schools
http://www.skolureitings.lv/?page_id=278
>2nd one is Russian school

Besides I don't even know all the schools so Russian schools might be even more.
>>
>>70995190
Maybe we would all be better off if it wasn't for you scatvians selling out to the ruskies.
>>
>>70997629
>hur dur dur I haven't read any history
>hur dur dur let me tell you about your countries history

Gee thanks champ, I thought Estonians had top quality education, but apparently I was wrong.

Get off your high horse.
>>
Fuck Balts. Revenge will be sweet.
>>
>>70997682
I know enough about your red commie riflemen.
>>
Pizdonia, kek
(reply to my post)
>>
>>70997830
>get Russified by Russian empire
>support a relatively progressivist power ( reds )
>they support ideas of national self-determination and so on ( doesn't matter that they changed their views 180 a few years later once they got power )

Barely anyone who fought for communists was an ideologue per se, most of them were nationalists that wanted to weaken the Russian empire and thus support the cause for independent Latvia. Some were just opportunists, but lmao if you think that is something to be ashamed of.

Literally neck yourself if you think that you are somehow superior to me. You couldn't look me in the eye in person you midget.
>>
>>70997830
people of all nationalities fought for the bolsheviks
>>
Russians OUT
>>
>>70997830
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonian_Red_Riflemen
>>
>>70985894
Tы пpo кoгo пишeшь, ты, гнидa? Tы пpo кoгo пишeшь, cyкa? Tы нa фopчaн зaшeл. Я пpoткнy c'щac тeбя вacя! Tы нe пpaв, дядя, ты нe пpaв.
>>
>>70998904
>гнидa
lol, just watched stalker again and it's now my favorite russian word
>>
>>70998157
>my great-granduncle helped the communists
wtf I hate the free estonian republic now
>the communists executed him (that's what my grandma told me, he just disappeared and no one knows where)
wtf I hate the communists and love estonia now
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.