[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we get rid of religion? How many people have to die for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: ovadiayosef2.jpg (845KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
ovadiayosef2.jpg
845KB, 2592x1728px
How do we get rid of religion?

How many people have to die for no reason but to satisfy an imaginary degenerate deity?
>>
>>70967136

Jesus here, you're in big trouble now, just wait until I tell my dad about this.
>>
File: IMG_2699.jpg (71KB, 706x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2699.jpg
71KB, 706x662px
>>70967136
>silly goyim, abandon your fake religion, then Judaism can finally reign supreme
I wonder who is behind this post
>>
But Israel-kun, conservative Christians in the US are the reason Israel exists. Without them, Israel would have no allies and the Islamic world would have genocides you by now.
>>
>>70967136
>that pic

Are Jews jewing the Jews?
>>
>>70967488
It's a double edged sword, you want us to bring the end of days.
>>
>>70967620
Please, all we're asking is that you start a war with Iran to bring about the end times.
>>
>>70967488
Pretty sure Israel can bitchslap the Arabs even without our support.
>>
>>70967781
What if Iran gets nukes?
>>
>>70967781
At this point they're self-sufficient. But if Israel stops having Western support it really won't be that hard to strike them.

If Erdogan keeps going full Ottoman, and Iran keeps slowly developing, it won't be very hard. Pakistan can already provide the nukes. But Israel will have eternal Western support anyway.
>>
>>70967136
Before the enlightenment it had a sort of place I guess - people had no way of knowing the cause of natural phenomena, how and why the world and everything in it exists, why we exist, what death is, etc., and they needed a set of beliefs to provide answers to questions, to provide a sense of meaning and purpose, and to justify, enforce, and perpetuate their societies, and the status quos of these societies. They were generally sexist, usually had some sort of elitist "we're better than everyone else because these texts say we are" and were used to justify war, conquest, and to keep the powerful in power at the expense of the masses, but they were necessary and things would've most likely been worse without them.

However, you are correct that, in the modern world, with our modern understanding, religion is generally redundant at best and actively destructive at worst. But religion's been part of humanity and the human experience since the dawn of man, and an integral part of human civilization for as long as civilization has existed. It's not going anywhere any time soon.

It can only gradually fade with each generation growing less and less observant, and religious authorities having less and less power. With the rise of secularism and the breaking of the Church's power, religion in the West has (mostly, with some exceptions like Quiverfulls or Manitoba Mennonites) evolved beyond the shittiness of the past, but then Western religion (or at least Western Christianity) is practically secularism with some token religious observances at this point, which is all well and good. It still provides a purpose - providing a sense of community, belonging, and inner peace - but no one really takes it too seriously and society still remains secular.

We just have to wait until every region is like that, regarding religion.
>>
It'll only happen once we colonize another country and the alien soil will not be restrained by earth's laws and rules, like the dreaded religion tolerance.
Once in there a man can set any law he desires, so he makes a religion free planet.
While the religious planets like earth eventually kill themselves natural selection will guarantee that the secular planet continue to spread their beliefs.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.