[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do americans build their houses out of cardboard? every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: american house.jpg (255KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
american house.jpg
255KB, 640x480px
why do americans build their houses out of cardboard?

every time I see a movie, I see houses like picrelated, they look like they'd fall down if someone leaned on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnXpSKrC2pU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3iI6S7TuCA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOY3gVV_KRE
>>
>>70965750

because if you forget your house key you can simply walk through the wall and get inside.
>>
>By contrast, most large forests in Europe were clear cut several hundred years ago. These original forests have never been allowed to return to their original state; the population density of Europe simply does not allow it. By the law of supply and demand, wood prices in Europe are significantly higher than they are in North America. There is also a tradition of construction in Europe which involves masonry, and which goes back several hundred (even thousands) of years. Most Europeans are surprised when they visit North America and notice that the vast majority of houses are built primarily of wood. Similarly, most Americans visiting Europe are frequently surprised that most European houses are not built with wood.

Europeans are too retarded to log properly and laugh at us because we haven't fucked over our wood supply like they did
>>
I love that kind of houses though, look comfy af
>>
>>70965750
That house is fine. I think you're just shitposting out of jealousy because you live in a manure-brick hovel in the pampas.
>>
>>70965851
Argentina is not located in europe and we have woods.
we just don't fashion our houses out of cardboard.
>>
>>70965851
This. We export wood to Europe from the south that is farmed responsibly but the euros just want to burn it all up for renewable energy
>>
>>70965851
Yes, but it's easier for a serial killer or a thief to come into your house
>>
>>70965851
>Argentina
>Europe
>American """""""""education""""""""""
>>
>>70965851
stone is better protection than wood
>>
>>70966334
>stone is better protection than wood
From artillery shells, maybe. But then, I suppose that's a legitimate concern when you share a continent with bloodthirsty savages who have to be handcuffed to each other by NATO to keep from starting another world war
>>
At least once a year, you see on TV how a tornado has ripped through tornado alley and all the bits of wood are spread everywhere. And year after year, you guys keep building your wooden huts in the same place.
>>
>>70966766
I never understood this either.
why the fuck build a house where you know there's tornados to begin with?
and even if you absolutely have to, why build it out of a material that you know is not going to withstand the slightest storm?

I just don't get it.
>>
>>70966766
australian houses look like shit desu

just because of "muh australian dream" you decided to have massive suburban sprawls of shitty red brick bungalows with literally no character to the architecture.

they're basically commieblocks without any of the benefits.
>>
>>70965851
OP is from america too.
>>
>>70966766

Australian houses look the same as americans Bruce except that you don't have tornados but you do have sandstorms.
>>
>>70965851
>Americans are too poor and stupid to use stone
>"huurrr durr you dont use wood despite it being inferior in longevity and strength, europoors btfo"
>>
File: IMG_0749.jpg (84KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0749.jpg
84KB, 333x500px
Same reason as the Japs tear down residential buildings every 30 years. Nobody wants to deal with the problems and cost sink of an old home.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.