[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Your country >is it hard to move out of your parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 4

File: 1485623749985.jpg (92KB, 484x497px) Image search: [Google]
1485623749985.jpg
92KB, 484x497px
>Your country
>is it hard to move out of your parents house there?
>>
Impossible. You either become a wageslave and spend over half your shekels to rent a shit flat, or you wait until you inherit something. Most people dont move out until theyre around 26-28.
>>
>>70855508
How are the salaries that low tho
>>
>>70855392
Flag
No, most do at 18. Ether go study or get apprenticeship. We have a student allowance and interest free loans so it makes it easy to live in a flat
>>
Almost impossible if you're not atleast 30yo
>>
>>70855557
Argentina was a mistake
>>
>>70855392
It's not hard.
I had 600€ in my pocket when I did.
I took my bag, kissed the parents goodbye, and left.
I picked a plane ticket, went abroad, rented a room, dashed to the temp-work agency, and that was it.
It would have been more comfortable if I left with more money, but I would have postponed finding a job until I'd need more.
Why don't you give it a try?
>>
>>70856417
sorry normie it's just not possible for some people

I'd need AT LEAST $50,000 saved up to consider moving out. I don't see how brazen people can be to move out without that.
>>
I """""""""""""moved out""""""""""""""" at 18 but my parents are paying for everything
>>
No it's incredibly easy. They kicked me out at 18 because they said I'm old enough to stand on my own feet haha
>>
>>70856479
>I'd need AT LEAST $50,000 saved up to consider moving out.

lmao what.
>>
>>70856563
>break leg or contract life-threatning disease
>Can't work for a year while fighting it off

>No money so get evicted

genius idea Brian.
>>
>>70856594
>break leg or contract life-threatning disease

Well that usually doesn't happen....

You can't let brazen hypotheticals hold you back
>>
>>70856594
How often do you break a leg?
>>
>>70856646
>You can't let brazen hypotheticals hold you back

It's the only way i can justify my inaction to myself anymore.

i just wish i moved out at 18-19 instead of staying as a manchild. It wasn't worth it.
>>
flag
hard I need around 100k to move out
>>
>>70856702
Better late than never.
>>
>>70856736
what the fuck why

>>70856745
at this point i might as well stay... this sucks though i really wish i moved out

i'm wasting almost all my best years somewhere i can't stand
>>
>>70856702
It's never too late m8. All you need a job and you can make it happen

I'm 19 right now and I hope to move out this year
>>
>>70856790
yeah but i want to actually be financially well off.

I'm trying to weigh whether the savings on rent and shit are worth it. I just don't know. On the one hand I like saving money but on the otherhand the experiences you get seem invaluable...
>>
>>70855392
I could right now, I'm 24, but it would be tough with my low wage. I make like 8.000 dolars a year.
>>
File: 1475290626207.png (157KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1475290626207.png
157KB, 409x409px
>>70856736
it's expensive also don't plan on working any time soon
>>
>>70855392
As long as you don't like in one of the more prohibitively expensive cities, it isn't too difficult.

Those who don't study at a university (or for whatever reason don't live in the campus dorms) usually end up moving into an apartment with a few friends. As long as the rent is split up between several people, and everyone has a job that pays above minimum wage, it's easy to manage.
>>
>>70856869
shit meant for >>70856787
>>
>>70856869
Fuck you. You should be ashamed.
>>
>>70856836
Spend your money to get yourself in a good place you feel happy with, and then start saving.

Your happiness is worth all the money you have
>>
>>70856869
It's not expensive though, what do you need $100k for
>>
>>70856904
fuck you, you favela nigger
>>70857046
all my expenses
>>
>>70856933
>Your happiness is worth all the money you have

y-you're right...
>>
>>70857071
>all my expenses
Which ones?

Are you trying to buy a house or something?
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/upshot/buy-rent-calculator.html?_r=0
>>
I was out of home from 20-25. Never found any friends of girlfriend/wife during that time though so I moved back in with dad. I'm 29 now and will probably live with him for the rest of my life.

My sisters all have boyfriends and have been
living away from home since they were 18.

Such is life as a male.
>>
>>70857118
no probably just a 600 dollar apartment but I would need money for rent, food ect also
>>
>>70857152
>Never found any friends of girlfriend/wife during that time

where were you looking for them?
>>
>>70857176
$100k wouldn't be enough to never have to work.

You'd have to work eventually.
>>
>>70857220
would be enough to keep me nice in cozy for a few years
>>
>>70857263
yeah but then you'd be fucked trying to get a job after years of employment gap

Besides, how close are you even to $100k? You just gonna quit your job at that point?
>>
>>70857300
>Besides, how close are you even to $100k?
I only have 93 bucks
>You just gonna quit your job at that point?
im a NEET thats why I said its hard
>>
>>70857375
Why though

You can literally get a fastfood job this upcoming week
>>
>flag
Yes, Long Island (Suffolk county) is among the most expensive counties in burgerland. I make a half decent amount of money but leaving home would still be very difficult.
>>
I'm still living with my parents because the house is nearby to modern commute place. You cant easily move out when everything is so expensive out there. I pay for the utilities bills though. It's not like everyone always at home. My parents are always travelling because they're visiting grandchildren. A month of each sibling place.
>>
>>70857393
>fastfood job
i would never be able to move out also i dont want to work
>>
>>70857494
well then you'll definitely never be able to move out

At least a fastfood job would be making some progress. If you don't want to work then you'll literally always live with your parents until they die and then you become homeless
>>
>>70857523
I told you it's hard
>>
>>70857585
When you don't even try it isn't hard, it's impossible.
>>
Yes. Houses cost a lot
>>
>>70855508
feels like Poland t b h Lionel
>>
>>70857796
im more and more beginning to think your country isn't white
>>
>tfw will probably be still living at home into till parent's die.
>>
>>70858365
why tho

that sucks
>>
>>70858375
Because I'm a socially awkward aspie. No gf, No car, I do volunteer work twice a week other than that I'm pretty much a shut in.
>>
>>70858460
yeah but you can fix that, like im doing
>>
no, but my mom moved out with me now! HELP
>>
>>70858517
but do you fuck her
>>
it's very expensive and difficult here
22 but may not have much of a choice soon
>>
>>70858539
Oh lad.
>>
>>70858517
my dad moved out on me not once, not twice, but a DOZEN times
>>
>>70856594
thats why you get health insurance and you would get social assistance as well. You don't need more than 7k in savings to move out.

Source: I'm a 23 year old who moved out with 7k in the bank.

>>70856417

dumb. you could have ended up homeless. I'm guessing you're a slav or something who moved to france. It might have been the best idea if there really was zero opportunities at home.
>>
>>70855392
>Moving out
Unless you are poorfag who live in literal shack, married or have GF, it's a waste of money.
>>
>>70858621
>thats why you get health insurance and you would get social assistance as well

what's my best option for private health insurance in ontario

i was under my mom's insurance and since then never really used non-ohip covered services except a few times where i just paid cash

I got more than $7k btw but it just feels far too little still.
>>
>>70858654
4chan is a bigger waste of money

moving out actually gives u something tho
>>
>>70858587
Story
>>
>>70858675
>moving out actually gives u something tho
Like what? Housing debt/Rent? Utilities bill? Not to mention you need to give your parents some of your wage as gratitude even if you moved out.
>>
>>70858654
agreed but the reality is that my family is fucking insane and the stress they put me through was a reason I got fired from my old job.

Thus it was an economically good decision to move out on my own with my new job.
>>
>>70858742
Gives you freedom and more options for employment.

Unless you somehow live and get along well with your parents, and also happen to live within perfect distance to your job/other necessities it's a lot of stress on nothing. Rent isn't that much, especially with roommates.

>you need to give your parents some of your wage as gratitude even if you moved out.

LOL WHAT
>>
>>70858549
Reykjavík faggot
>>
>>70858659
>what's my best option for private health insurance in ontario
Typically you can get disability insurance through your work, which is usually the best rate as it's a group contract (which is always more effective/cheaper for administrative reasons)

also unemployment insurance would also kick in if you became disabled. If you became permanently disabled you can file for disability and get a permanent disability income.

You are just really uninformed and paranoid if you think 7k is not enough to move out.

It's not a bad idea to save like you are, but if you truly believe you're not set to move out with more than 7k you are just being ignorant.

That being said most canadians are cucks who don't save enough money.. you should strive to put away at least 1k in the bank every month.
>>
>>70858812
yes I finished high school
>>
>>70855392
It depends on what part of the country you're in. I'm in southern Arizona where the cost of living is very low and I have a good job so I was able to move out at 22. A lot of people don't get lucky like I did though.
>>
>>70858814
>It's not a bad idea to save like you are, but if you truly believe you're not set to move out with more than 7k you are just being ignorant.
>That being said most canadians are cucks who don't save enough money.. you should strive to put away at least 1k in the bank every month.

yeah senpai but the thing is that I don't want to be average or anywhere near it. i want to get ahead and be far better than everyone else. So I'm trying to do things differently than everyone else
>>
>>70858782
>Gives you freedom and more options for employment.
Make sense if you live in bumfuck in the middle of nowhere and your parent are shit. But since I live in city with easy access to public transport and my parent are somewhat nice, moving out is kinda pointless.

>LOL WHAT
It's your typical Asian family tradition.
>>
>>70858839
I don't get this post
Are you impying I haven't finished high school?
>>
>>70858906
you are from the countryside aren't you?
do they have high schools now?
>>
>>70858935
Yes since the 1700's I think
>>
>>70858859
I hear ya. I was the same way, but like I said earlier, I would have never been able to be successful without moving out from my family's house because they all have mental health issues and it affected my ability to work.

Moving out can increase work/life balance and confidence. This actually increases your earning potential. So you don't always lose money by moving out.

Not to mention, you have someplace to bring a girl home when you need to. No family involved.

These things can improve your sanity and make you a better employee

but if thats not the case for you well wahtever I guess.
>>
>>70858949
do they teach you the great academic subjects of sheep herding, fish working and moving to Reykjavík?
>>
If you make less than 75K a year you need roommates, a girlfriend to split bills or you're fucked.

I make 50K a year and 15K of that goes to taxes. After rent, bills, etc I'd be living on like $ 350-400 a month, which means you go out a few nights for drinks and food (pretty much required to keep a job and attempt to go up the ladder) and you're done.

Can't save shit, so even something like a root canal is enough to bring me into a seriously bad financial situation.
>>
>>70858969
>I would have never been able to be successful without moving out from my family's house because they all have mental health issues and it affected my ability to work.

too close to home man... delete

>Moving out can increase work/life balance and confidence. This actually increases your earning potential. So you don't always lose money by moving out.
>Not to mention, you have someplace to bring a girl home when you need to. No family involved.
>These things can improve your sanity and make you a better employee
>but if thats not the case for you well wahtever I guess.

these things ARE the case for me... this all hits too closed to home.

i just don't know man. I fell into the meme of constantly saving. I literally have like $35k right now but im such a manchild i don't know how to do anything or move out, I keep thinking i need more.
>>
>>70858726
Third grade talent show, decided to do standup comedy but my material was a little... raunchy. I was booed off the stage, but my dad was so embarrassed that he moved.

In sixth grade, I was bullied so hard that my dad almost moved. Instead, my teacher called a parental mediation session. So it was just me and my dad, the tormentor and the tormentor's foster mom. They all ganged up on me so hard, that my dad moved.

I developed such a bad rash after my 30th full Brazilian in as many days that you know what my dad did? He frickin' moved!
>>
>>70859012
>I make 50K a year and 15K of that goes to taxes. After rent, bills, etc I'd be living on like $ 350-400 a month, which means you go out a few nights for drinks and food (pretty much required to keep a job and attempt to go up the ladder) and you're done.

How is that even possible

pls post your monthly expenses
>>
>>70858989
I am studying engineering rn
One day I will roll into your shithole on my E65 and eat kfc and spend the whole weekend completely coked out and it will cost me the same as the rent your polish family pays for that shoebox apartment you live in
And it will all be paid for by the sea, faggot.
What did you study? Nature? Culture? Failure
----NOTICE----
Rare opportunity to watch icelandic bants
>>
>>70859012
>I make 50K a year and 15K of that goes to taxes. After rent, bills, etc I'd be living on like $ 350-400 a month

how is that high btw

So that's almost $3000 takehome pay per month. And you somehow spend $2500 on rent and living expenses?
>>
lets be fucking real here.

ANY of you faggots with a minimum wage job full time can move out right now.

sure it's going to fucking suck living in the hood with the traplord next door blasting nigger music selling narcotics all fucking night and you might have to stick with minimalist shit.

one couch, one bed, a tiny laptop or just your smartphone because everything else will get stolen. and a shitty looking but reliable car because a nice one will get stolen.

done. you can literally live on 800 dollars a month in this fucking country and i seriously doubt the minimal requirement is higher in all the other fucking countries. especially third world shitholes.
>>
>>70859090
where are you studying engineering if not in Reykjavík?
>>
Nope. Some even move out at 16 like my ex did. I did at 18.
>>
>>70859123
Akureyri.
>>
>>70859028
dude just make that jump and move out. It's not a big deal it will only cost you like 5k if you sniff out deals on kijiji and use public transport.

also you should buy a used car, get the essentials checked at canadian tire and buy a new warranty. Its all you need and its the cheapest way to do it.

You will lose like 10k but you will actually be an adult. The wealth figure in your bank is artificial because you don't have sufficient assets for an adult life right now.

Also let me guess you are letting that money sit in a chequing account with near 0% interest? You are losing about a thousand each year with inflation anyway.
>>
>>70859142
does the University there even teach engineering?
pretty sure the department is a joke, considering they don't even teach math or physics there
>>
>>70859080
yeah man wtf you should be saving 1k a month. Let me guess you leased a new car KEK
>>
>>70859177
I'm talking about marine engineering if you know what that is
>>
>>70859120
Remove the couch. Bed is important.
>>
>>70859168
>dude just make that jump and move out. It's not a big deal it will only cost you like 5k if you sniff out deals on kijiji and use public transport.
>also you should buy a used car, get the essentials checked at canadian tire and buy a new warranty. Its all you need and its the cheapest way to do it.

this all sounds too complicated man. It just feels so uncertain compared to living at home where I can just do whatever and not care

>Also let me guess you are letting that money sit in a chequing account with near 0% interest?

It's all in $VFV (well almost all of it, some in meme cryptocurrencies and also in cash)

Not a huge fan of TD waterhouse though, I'm considering switching to QTrade instead.
>>
File: 1461976958483.jpg (8KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1461976958483.jpg
8KB, 184x184px
>>70859090
>Rare opportunity to watch icelandic bants
>>
>>70859238
it really isnt that complicated. Theres some work to put in at the start but thats it.

You look for appartments for a few months. Find one at a reasonable price and just take it (good deals are gone quick)

You sign a lease
You buy furniture
You get internet+heat

Once you set it up the only thing that's more complicated is paying 3-4 more bills a month. That's it.

> TD waterhouse
lol ironic because I work for TD.

Think of all the dumbasses that move out and still manage. Its really not that hard. And your parents are gonna die one day, you need to be independant.
>>
>>70859298
Last reply = I win
>>
>>70859329
m8 you're a glorified fish worker getting some meme degree and think eating kfc and owning a shitty car is the benchmark of success
you don't win anything except a cheap apartment because nobody wants to live in your fishing village
>>
>>70859311
dude i don't even know where I'd want to move or anything

i'm honestly considering delaying it to like 2018-2019 to "really" get myself set up, but I know I'll probably delay it even further then. The thing is that I don't really have a career, i kind of just do random shit for money
>>
>>70859367
fair enough. just saying its not that hard.
>>
>>70859426
I wish i never let it get to this point...

When did you move out?
>>
>>70859364
I never touch the fish pavel your mother does that work
I win a cheap house(lmao aoartment))
Dont act like you know anything about cars you fuck
Probably dont know what an E65 is
>>
>>70859364
You're the one with the fucking meme degree m8
A man educated as marine engineer in iceland is in every powerplant, ship or factory in iceland
>>
>>70859472
I know what an E65 is it's a shitty car my retarded friend bought
you can meme all you want but the fact remains that the countryside is poor, uneducated, empty and generally pointless
>>
>>70859601
>the countryside is poor, uneducated, empty and generally pointless
Lies lies lies
Fishing and aluminum industry in the countryside is what keeps your shithole up
The city is full of overqualified people working at cafes and living in shoeboxes that then go asleep at night thinking "heheat least I didn't sink so low as to learn something useful"
>>
>>70859684
Night lad nice having some bantz
Splæsi bagg og bjór næst þegar ég er borg óttans frændi
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.