[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>25 days left to send uni applications >no clue what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1485545212991.jpg (18KB, 280x320px) Image search: [Google]
1485545212991.jpg
18KB, 280x320px
>25 days left to send uni applications
>no clue what i want to study
>>
>Anything that interests you
>Anything that you can imagine has a real life application
>>
>>70851424
how dare you use the god-emperor like that?
>>
gender studies

300k+ starting job
>>
File: 1449075004045.jpg (163KB, 670x418px) Image search: [Google]
1449075004045.jpg
163KB, 670x418px
>UCAS application deadline was 20 days or so ago
>Still haven't sent application
>>
>>70851424
This will probably be the most crucial decision you'll ever make. Don't be stupid
Do what you love and have interest in
>>
>>70851764
That's bullshit, everyone gets this advice from their parents because it worked for them. The truth is not everything let's you earn enough money to live these days. You have to pick something that's well paid and you're at least a bit interested in.
>>
>>70851424
>make a list of things you like to do
>google what profession studies it
>google what people of these profession actually do
>Pick on that you like the most
>>
>>70851475
thing is i dont know what i would like to do, maybe i would enjoy being architect but i have never done it so who knows?
>>
Just don't fall for BA meme degrees and join the STEM master race.
>>
>>70852300
It's already to late for you to be an architect anyway. So no point thinking about professions that demand deep knowledge or big amount of experience in the field. Just take some test that will recommend you a suitable profession ffs
>>
>>70851424
I'm in college at the moment and still have no fucking clue what I'm going to do.
>>
>>70851424
I think it depends on how lonlg you are fine with staying in uni for, if you are fine with 5-6 years, then perhaps you should do an undegrad in a generalist degree (say, in maths/CS/economics or something), and then get a masters in a specialty that will get you a good real job placement
>>
take a gap year
>>
>>70852503
>It's already to late for you to be an architect anyway.

How? I fill requirement for Architectural Technology and Construction Management i just dont know if i should do it or just stick to computer science like everyone nowadays

>>70852923
not sure if i can do that in Europe, i have been looking and its all just bachelor 3-4 years for eventual Masters

>>70853055
no way, i am one year longer in higschool already because i missed lot of lectures due to injury, i finish highschool in 3 months and im 20 already
>>
>>70853280
It's very skill demanding thing. You should draw well, understand basics of design and be very meticulous. With your attitude they will kick you out after second year
>>
>>70853422
They dont require knowing how to draw. If there is such requirement it is always stated like 5x before you can apply, i wanted to do character animation but they needed you to know how to draw
>>
>>70851424
Make sure you have a full or part time job while you study, make sure that what you study will not be automated or have low hiring possibilities in the future, do not study some liberal arts bullshit, it will not be something you can live a decent life on
>>
>>70853477
It's not a requirement but people expect you to do it well. If you really think that everyone who studies in unis had no prior experience with the subject you are wrong. I am not saying that you will never be an architect but if you will study there you will see that a big amount of your group know know how to draw, and create basic design patterns
>>
>>70851424
What gives you the most stable and well paying job. Following your passion is a dumb idea.
>>
>>70853715
why would i care about other people?
>>
>>70853837
I was wrong. Go for architecture
>>
>>70851424
Pick something useful. Like architecture or accounting
>>
>>70853837
You may feel bad as you're catching up with them, you may find you have to work harder than your mates when preparing for exams and projects. And you'll be competing with them after graduation.

In any case good luck to you, whatever you choose.
>>
File: 14069799997350.png (8KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
14069799997350.png
8KB, 500x450px
>>70851424
>studied at university what liked since school times
>in the last academic year completely lost the interest
>left just before diploma
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.