[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is St. Patrick's Day actually celebrated in Ireland? I always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: large[1].jpg (66KB, 640x762px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
66KB, 640x762px
Is St. Patrick's Day actually celebrated in Ireland? I always thought it was just a burger meme
>>
it's national guiness day
even in england too these days
>>
>Rothberg
>berg
>>
>>70814961
Why wouldn't we celebrate our patron saint's feast day? There are parades and underage drinking. A day off is always nice.

>>70815002
>it's national guiness day
No that was Arthur's Day.
>>
>>70815048
/thread
>>
>>70814961
>just a burger meme
We also celebrate saint Patrick's day
But is more of a sad memorial and paying our respect for Ireland
>>
I always find it weird how massive the St. Patricks day parades are in America. How many Irish live there? Or does everyone just join in cause it's fun?
>>
>>70816882
>Or does everyone just join in cause it's fun?
that one
>>
>>70816882
>How many Irish live there?

More than 10% of the US population is of full or partial Irish ancestry. There are more people of Irish descent living in America than there are people in Ireland. But St. Patty's day is mostly just an excuse to through some parades and get plastered.
>>
File: 1463853712245.png (571KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1463853712245.png
571KB, 800x533px
>>70816882
Depends what you mean by "Irish".
>>
>>70816882
it's an excuse to get drunk

I'm at least 50% Irish heritage and I couldn't give a fuck about any of that
>>
File: kosJen5.gif (980KB, 350x203px) Image search: [Google]
kosJen5.gif
980KB, 350x203px
>>70814961
>go to irish pub on st. patricks
>sing an irish drinking song
>get free drinks
>>
>>70814961
Dumbass fucking jews need to shut the fuck up before they get a real holocaust coming to them
>>
What do actual Irish think of American Iraboos? It's such an odd thing to exist I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw
>>
>>70816882

They live (lived) on the East Coast in the same neighborhoods as Jews and Italians

>I always find it weird how massive the St. Patricks day parades are in America.

They have discount beer and encourage people to dress up and do stupid shit
>>
>>70814961
Good thing it's 2017 now
>>
>>70816882
there are always a few muh heritage types, but for 99% of people it's just an excuse to get drunk
>>
>>70817414
Dumbass fucking French need to stop falling for troll like they are mentally impaired
>>
>>70816882
The same reason why you see white americans wearing sombreros and panchos on the 5th of may, it's for fun
>>
>>70816882
I've lived in many different places in the USA and I can honestly say I've never witnessed one other ethnicity being as prevelant and celebrated, with great pride even to the point of getting tattoos of Irish flags and other Irish subjects. the Irish had the biggest impact of any immigrant group in America.
>>
>>70815048
Came here to post this
>>
>>70823093
That's only in cities with a lot of Mexicans like Los Angeles. There's no where near as many cinco de mayo celebrations as there are st. Party's ones, russiabro.
>>
File: so randumb edit.jpg (936KB, 1500x879px) Image search: [Google]
so randumb edit.jpg
936KB, 1500x879px
Is the IRA still a thing? I hate to be one of those guys ("muh heritage"), but dressing up in camo pajamas with a ski mask and lobbing mortars at civvies sounds like fun.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.