[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Oregonians or other people from the Pacifis Northwest who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 2UjmQq.jpg (370KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2UjmQq.jpg
370KB, 1920x1080px
Any Oregonians or other people from the Pacifis Northwest who can help me?
I want to live in Oregon for a year, but I've actually never been to the US so I'm perhaps having a tainted view of the region. How expensive is the state? Is it easy to find work there?

I was thinking about somewhere not too far from the coast, perhaps around Eugene. From what I've seen Portland looks pretty nice, but I wouldn't like to live in a liberal center of the US, your liberals are way too retarded.
>>
File: Portland-20917.jpg (156KB, 936x526px) Image search: [Google]
Portland-20917.jpg
156KB, 936x526px
bump
>>
it's fucking beautiful there man. but you want to be inland.

what visa are you going to go on?
>>
>>70810675
>it's fucking beautiful there man. but you want to be inland.
I'd love to, but I'm a bit concerned I'd turn crazy if I lived in a remote area. I spent three months working in Southern France and the lack of civilization or at least larger cities were really uncomfortable for me. Also I assume it's easier to find a job along the coast.

>what visa are you going to go on?
Temporary working visa probably. I still have to read more about the categories though, I don't know much about them yet other than some vague ideas about the fees.
>>
>>70811264
>I spent three months working in Southern France and the lack of civilization or at least larger cities were really uncomfortable for me.
delet this
>>
File: Oregon coast.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Oregon coast.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>70810252
It's a fairly large state; about the size of the UK. So it depends on what you want to do. The coast is nice, but it doesn't have a very large population. Most coastal towns are part of the summer tourist economy, and are not very active in the fall or winter.

Portland is the only "real" city in the state, with an international airport, a public transportation system (light rail), and most of the jobs. Eugene has an airport, but it is much smaller, and there are only bus routes. It;s a university town.

Also, Portland has a direct flight to Reykjavík in the summer via Icelandair. I bought a ticket once when they were on sale for $399; it's an interesting little country.
>>
>>70811875
>So it depends on what you want to do
Visit the region, meet people, live there you know. I'd like to experience all this in a setting different to the countries I've lived in. I wouldn't mind living in Portland if it wasn't a liberal hellhole honestly, and I'm a liberal.

>Eugene has an airport, but it is much smaller
Tbqh 250k inhabitants in the urban area is still pretty big. I feel like your cities are all oversized while the rural regions are pretty much depopulated. I didn't know it was a university town though. My biggest fear is receiving pamphlets explaining me what kinds of pronouns I should use when adressing to college students.

I visited Iceland two years ago, it's indeed a beautiful country.
>>
>>70810252
I used to live in Portland, now I'm in Arizona. Drastic improvement.
>>
>>70812787
Elaborate
>>
join the northwest front
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVcr6Z0rgE
>>
>>70810252

hey anon i live in eugene and honestly if you dont want to live around liberals i wouldn't recommend any of the bigger cities in oregon. that being said it is beautiful out here. full time work isnt particularly easy to find but wages are high for the us. depending where you live rent can also be quite expensive. portland has very high rent and eugene currently has a housing shortage
>>
>>70812899
No libtards, lower taxes, great gun laws, great weather and everything is much cheaper.
>>
>>70813314
I knew Oregon was quite expensive compared to most states but I didn't know it's that bad. How are immigrants viewed over there? I mean those who actually work and aren't a nuisance to the general public.

>>70813331
>No libtards
good point
>lower taxes
Looking at my research it's already much less than in the whole of Europe, so it's okay for me
>lower taxes
don't care tbqh
>great weather
too hot, also Oregon's white is quite similar to Southern Europe. Mediterranean climate would be my preferred thing
>everything is much cheaper.
also a good point.
>>
>>70813488
>Oregon's white is quite similar to Southern Europe
I meant climate, not white. I'm really tired
>>
>>70813488
Valley is hot as fuck but up north in Sedona and Flagstaff it's basically Colorado.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.