[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>After the fall of Constantinople in 1453 AD, Mehmed II declared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: TurkoHellenism.jpg (127KB, 962x651px) Image search: [Google]
TurkoHellenism.jpg
127KB, 962x651px
>After the fall of Constantinople in 1453 AD, Mehmed II declared himself Kayser-i Rum, literally "Caesar of Rome".[7] The claim was recognized by the Orthodox Patriarch of Constantinople, but not by Roman Catholic Western Europe. Gennadios (Georgios Scholarios), a staunch enemy of the West, had been enthroned Patriarch of Constantinople with all the ceremonial attributes of Byzantium by Mehmed himself acting as Roman Emperor and in turn Gennadios recognized Mehmed as successor to the throne.[8] Mehmed's claim rested with the concept that Constantinople was the seat of the Roman Empire, after the transfer of its capital to Constantinople in 330 AD and the fall of the Western Roman Empire. Mehmed also had a blood lineage to the Byzantine Imperial family; his predecessor, Sultan Orhan I had married a Byzantine princess, and Mehmed may have claimed descent from John Tzelepes Komnenos.[9] During that period the Ottoman Empire also destroyed Otranto and its people, and Mehmed II was planning on taking Rome itself when the Italian campaign was cut short by his sudden death.[10] The title fell into disuse after his death, but the imperial bodies created by Mehmed II lived on for centuries to come.

The first Rome was Pagan.
The second Rome was Christian.
The third Rome was Muslim.

Discuss.
>>
File: 1456807088450.jpg (104KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
1456807088450.jpg
104KB, 345x345px
WE WUZ ROMANZ 'N SHIET
>>
>>70727772
based osmanlar
>>
>>70727772
>The true Rome was Pagan.
>The fake Romes were not
ftfy
>>
>>70727772
>Kayser-i Rum, literally "Caesar of Rome"
afaik it's Ceaser to the Rum's not Caesar of Rome
see Rum
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%BBm
>>
File: us-map2.gif (55KB, 800x501px) Image search: [Google]
us-map2.gif
55KB, 800x501px
Actually the third Rome is secular.
>>
>>70727772
>>70729068
>Not italians trying to steal the rightful italian claim over the glory of Rome
>don't have glorious roman genes to justify the claim

Never seen this before nice thread roach
>>
>>70728830
>After the conquest of Constantinople, Mehmed II declared himself Kayser-i Rum, literally "Caesar of the Romans".

???
>>
>>70729452
>"Caesar of the Romans"
yeah Kayser-i Rum, Rums=Romans not Rome
>>
>>70727772
>Kayser-i Rum
>Rum
I thought alcohol was haram?
>>
>>70729872
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Rome

>Learn the difference
>>
>>70729068
>In God we trust
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.