[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Japan the greatest ally? It looks like the US finally might

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: la-me.jpg (334KB, 2048x1386px) Image search: [Google]
la-me.jpg
334KB, 2048x1386px
Is Japan the greatest ally? It looks like the US finally might get super high speed Japan-tier railways alongside robot AIs.

>Prime Minister Shinzo Abe intends to propose during a meeting with U.S. President Donald Trump on Feb. 10 a bilateral economic cooperation plan, including the creation of a $450 billion (¥51 trillion) market through railways and other infrastructure investments in the United States to generate 700,000 jobs

>the envisioned infrastructure development in the United States includes high-speed railway projects in the northeastern part of the country, and in Texas and California

>Cooperation between Japan, which has the edge in robot technology, and the United States, which leads the world in AI technology. Japan and the United States will jointly develop robots to be used for inspecting aging infrastructure, decommissioning nuclear power plants, and carrying out medical diagnosis and surgery.
>>
>>70722512
http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0003498622
>>
>>70722512
bump
>>
unless those are 700,000 american jobs I doubt it'll happen
>>
>>70723466
yes it is. 700,000 jobs in infrastructure.

japan will make money on exporting trains, US will make money on quality infrastructure.
>>
WTF WE MAKE HIGH-SPEED TRAINS AS WELL
FUCK YOU JAPAN FOR TAKING ALL OF THE CAKE
>>
This would be sweet
>>
Won't happen. Protectionist "safety" regulations make it so we can't import Japanese or French trains at world market prices and have to make use domestically produced, astronomically priced ones instead.
>>
>>70724081
that's where you're wrong kiddo. the US used high speed spanish trains a few years ago for an amtrak service.

now imagine the kinds of trains you get from a less lazy country like northern europe/japan.
>>
>>70724081
That's why you have Hitachi or whoever build a factory in the US a la Toyota
>>
why California? they hate trump
>>
>>70724324
We already have foreign companies producing trains for the American market. They just need to conform to absurd regulations that don't exist anywhere else, so they can't get economies of scale for products that can be sold in America. Same thing will happen to a lot of things if we really do get a neo-protectionist trade regime from Trump
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.