[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently lived in Thailand for the last 4 months, and I would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 20170115_132122.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170115_132122.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I recently lived in Thailand for the last 4 months, and I would really like to move and work there as a software engineer. The problem I am having is that the wage is very low.

Currently my plan is to move and work in Singapore after working in my home country for a few years, because I like Southeast Asia in general. Is there any other options for me working as a software engineer? Is teaching English guaranteed higher salary in Southeast Asia?
>>
>>70649186
try finding a company that you could work for remotely (not that hard for software engineers), then you can live wherever you want
>>
File: thais.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thais.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>>70649186
What did you get here that you couldn't get in Canada?

I know the answer of course, I just want you to say it for those who haven't been fortunate enough to experience for themselves.

Explain it to those who still think my country isn't the best place on fucking Earth.
>>
>>70649269
Yeah this was another option I was considering. This and freelancing, but this will have to be down the road. Is this really a plausible option though? With the money translation, and the lowered wage because of working remotely. I'd like the option to return and see my family occasionally with the family I will be raising in the future.

>>70649487
It really is the happiest and most genuine place on Earth. Maybe Thai people aren't so friendly to other Thai people but it seemed better than here to me. Everyone acts as they are and I like that. The food is great, the weather is great, there's always something to do, the whole country is beautiful. So much more. I didn't really like Phuket but hey at least it's there and far away from most of Thailand.
>>
File: 1485075222743.jpg (161KB, 1107x728px) Image search: [Google]
1485075222743.jpg
161KB, 1107x728px
>>70649651
Yes. That's why I love it as well. I visited America for a while and studied there, but like most Thais I return home because there's simply no place we'd rather be.

And as the world gets crazier and less predictable, home just keeps looking better.
>>
>>70649912
100% agreed. Such a simple life there and I love it. Where in Thailand are you from friend? I was across the street working at WD.
>>
>>70650022
across the street from Bkk uni*
>>
File: 466400a4ac1028cca986f6feba8b764e.jpg (156KB, 1679x740px) Image search: [Google]
466400a4ac1028cca986f6feba8b764e.jpg
156KB, 1679x740px
>>70650022
Krung Thep (Bangkok) but my parents are from Chumpon and Ang Tong.
>>
>>70650216
Cool. Really hope to live in Thailand some day kab pom Thai fan. Do you happen to know anything about working offshore? I would imagine translating the money from another currency would cut a large portion of the income.
>>
>>70650579
No idea to be honest. Most foreigners I know here work as English teachers.
>>
Not a good time in Thailand
Most of the Business go down and cutting costs
Singapore maybe better but drink water just too expensive.
>>
>>70651724
>drink water to expensive

Cant you drink tapwater in Singapore or is it that whixh is overcharged?
>>
>>70651861
I visited there and apparently it's okay to drink, but my guess is you would be healthier to boil it anyways. That's what the person living there that I stayed with did.
>>
I work for Japanese here guarantee in Thailand now is not a heyday.
(better than India little fella with H1-B visa.. I think.)

And.. today just come back from Singapore work on Chinese New year, and no shopping everything closed. :(

Tap water test like 1.5l Dasani + 1 tea spoon of salt
Not a big deal you can buy cheap in little india DT12 station.
If you want to find job in Singapore,try stayed there for 3-4 day or a week first.
>>
>>70653968
You work for Japanese in Thailand? How are you doing this?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.