[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're being over-stimulated, which is in turn reducing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1478756273967.png (345KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478756273967.png
345KB, 439x500px
We're being over-stimulated, which is in turn reducing our attention span and focus. I believe it'll get worse as years go on.

If you were to be transported to say even, the 1970s..Life would seem more slower, and in turn you could focus on more goals and accomplish more in a day.

Productivity at work may very well be just fine, but when you get home the average Westerner is becoming more & more scatterbrained...

===============================================
http://time.com/3858309/attention-spans-goldfish/

>You Now Have a Shorter Attention Span Than a Goldfish

here's a video that brilliantly describes what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKaWJ72x1rI [Embed]

===============================================

I mean...How are we supposed to have successful careers,relationships, ambitions, etc. if we are having trouble focusing? ADHD-like symptoms are seeping into the masses.

Should there be a movement across the globe to re-focus ourselves with technology? Like, have it be taught in schools to use the internet in controlled amounts, to not have so many tabs open, to not get lost in wikipedia, youtube, or facebook links etc.
>>
File: img.png (127KB, 1153x823px) Image search: [Google]
img.png
127KB, 1153x823px
>We're being over-stimulated, which is in turn reducing our attention span and foc-
>>
>>70573082
kek
>>
Meh, I've always struggled with staying focused.

You don't need to go back to the 70's, just do more activities that stimulate you intellectually, think of it as mental working out. And stop watching TV altogether except with and HDMI cable... and throw that stupid smartphone away, that shit is an invention of the devil.
>>
Fuck social media. Fuck 4chan, fuck Reddit, fuck Facebook and Twitter and all that shit. Fuck the memes, fuck the lulz and bantz. Let's shut down the whole fucking Internet and pretend it never happened. We'll all go to the bar and talk to each other as if we didn't know about all the bullshit going on in the world. How's that?
>>
>>70573237
fuck you
>>
>>70573056
I have ADHD and I've been off the pill since I was 12
It's really not so bad tbqh
>>
>>70573237
How about just stop using the internet. We dont have to suffer because you can't exercise self control faggot.
>>
>>70573237
sounds pretty comfy desu
>>
>>70573237
internet > human interaction
>>
File: Oglaf1.jpg (169KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
Oglaf1.jpg
169KB, 760x596px
>>70573237
Can't be done, I don't think you understand how this curse works
>>
>>70573056
You're right. I've been trying to read more (you know, actual books) to combat this. It helps.

You're focused on one line of story or one topic in the case of non fiction rather than being able to flick from one topic to another instantly
>>
>>70573237
Maybe just ban social media altogether and let everything else stay. Full anonymity of course.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.