[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think the world is closer to war than is has ever been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Vimy memorial.jpg (123KB, 1024x722px) Image search: [Google]
Vimy memorial.jpg
123KB, 1024x722px
Do you think the world is closer to war than is has ever been since WW2? Or does it seem that way because of social medias and how easy it is for fearmongering to happen?

I honestly believe full scale wars are never gonna happen anymore because it'd be suicide for every country involved. But I could be wrong.
>>
>>70524961
You're not wrong. A full scale war easily cripples the economy of the country and not to mention, the potential loss of your soil and the damages rendered by bombs, nukes etc.

Nobody wants to go to war because most countries, if not all, realize that economic trade is more profitable than war. The only exception is North Korea.
>>
>>70525036
They said very similar things in 1914.
>>
>>70524961
>Do you think the world is closer to war than is has ever been since WW2?
by definition every day we dont have a war is a day closer to the day we do have one

and no, maybe a light revolt in a "stable" country, but corperate loyalty will overtake nationalism within the next 100 or so years anyways
>>
File: graph_1[1].jpg (55KB, 620x245px) Image search: [Google]
graph_1[1].jpg
55KB, 620x245px
>>70525079
>>
>>70525076
Well, what did they say? Also, how are international affairs similar to how they were in 1914?
>>
Lifes too good in the big guys for anything to happen
>>
>>70524961
I agree. Same with such things as Calexit, it's all hot air.
>>
>>70525076

In 1914 we barely had working planes, let alone nukes. The potential of damage on property was very low in 1914, it was all about the human cost.

Now we have the weapons to destroy buildings and make land uninhabitable.

Consider China. China's WHOLE economy depends on exports, if they go to war their economy fucking collapses right away and they could totally be taken economically and power by countries like India, and even countries like Indonesia could capitalize on it and get a huge boost to their GDP. The only way China would profit from war is if they went for conventional warfare and took land and infrastructure without damaging it too much.
>>
File: Pinker.jpg (45KB, 555x299px) Image search: [Google]
Pinker.jpg
45KB, 555x299px
It's media fear mongering + social media leading to polarization.
>>
>>70525036
>>70524961
i think there wil be a south china sea war, it depends on what duterte does. also a taiwan war, and a north korean war. its all about china rise, challenging usa hegemony.. its inevitable
>>
>>70525289

I think that sociologists in a few decade are gonna see Social Media as the great poison that gave birth to paranoia and anxiety disorders in so many people.
>>
>>70525076
If that was the case then the Cold War would have ignited the potential catastrophic event that is WW3. During WW1 and WW2 you have bunch of countries who still have colonial ambitions throughout the world, and they wanted to impose rule on other colony and be recognized as a great power.

But it didn't. The Soviets sustained economic growth until the 70s. When they were stationing their arms into Cuba, everybody considered this as a pretext to the 'inevitable' WW3 yet it didn't happen. The Soviets and the Americans preferred to talk instead, they knew the war was too expensive to sustain, yet the Soviets spent too much on war against Afghanistan because they believed they would have the better gains.

Let's say if China, Russia, and America went head on today, it will cripple not only their economy, but the entire world's. They may be talking hot air now, but hopefully it will be limited only to that since they knew they couldn't survive without trading partners.
>>
>>70525316
Let me tell you one thing -- Nobody wants a war, especially not in modern times where money is the better medium of language than warfare.
>>
>>70525522
there can still be another big cold war

big countries dont want to lose their sphere of influence and pushover countries pay with blood
>>
>>70525522
I think it's possible phillipion mate-- our new secret of state is a businessman only and he faced a ton of roadblocks trying to drill for oil in the south china sea. As a result has come to the conclusion that China must be destroyed if need be for the good of oil companies everywhere.
>>
>>70525316
It seems that way... The consensus that has gestated within the US govt. is that the "uni-polar world", the current status quo where the US has unchallenged hegemony everywhere in the world, is the best, most moral state the world had every been in.

They will not table all-out war with any country that challenges that and wants to "regress the world to spheres of power"
>>
>>70525590
>there can still be another big cold war
We are still in the cold war, there was just some down time during the 90s
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.