[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Bronze Age in the Eastern Mediterranean and Near East was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1485176382749.jpg (66KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1485176382749.jpg
66KB, 550x366px
The Bronze Age in the Eastern Mediterranean and Near East was the coziest time in human history. I challenge you to find a cozier time in human history.

>nations comprised of ethnoreligious people; people in their homelands thought their gods were better than other gods
>but if you travelled to another land, you showed respect to the local gods since you believed it was their domain (if this doesn't sound cute as fuck, you have no soul)
>some peoples had gods of beer and wine
>trade flourished in the Eastern Med, it was like a globalized world but the proto-Jews of the time were just one minor ethnoreligious group in the region, not masterminds of the entire thing
>massive cultural and technological exchange (e.g. Ancient Egypt had some cultural influence from Mesopotamian culture and also picked up new technology)
>just as much mouthwatering internal political intrigue and diplomatic dealings as today
>many nations had to deal with issues like migrations and invasions, but they were dealt with in a more natural way, and welcomed newcomers (i.e. not mass invaders) would actually adapt to the local culture
>people were JUST beginning to think about their place in the world, JUST starting to develop basic technology and architecture, and you can see trial-and-error in many cases (hate to bring up Egypt again, but look at the early pyramids, and also the first time they built columns, they didn't realize they could stand up on their own, so they attached them to the walls)
>followed by a societal collapse, and a rebirth of some of the most influential and intellectually prolific civilizations in history
>>
I don't know man, I kinda like knowing how to read and not being a peasant
>>
>>70397425
>implying your romanticized view of the ancient past is close to reality
>>
Dunno, i like taking daily baths, having modern medicine and not dying at my 30's.
>>
>Cute as fuck
Hello tumblr
>>
I dunno, I kinda like having electricity, air conditioning, and not having to worry about being raped/enslaved/dying in a famine.
>>
I don't like modernity
Natural human activity is struggle, physical and spiritual
>>
>>70398328
Says the guy who never leaves his room.
>>
>>70397425
Leaf does it again!
>>
>>70397603
>daily baths

I heard there are some people out there who don't take daily baths, rather they bathe once in 3 days or a week. Very strange.
>>
>would actually adapt to the local culture

except when they didn't
>>
>>70397425
>would actually adapt to the local culture
You mean like the Dorians? Or the Amorites? Or the Kassites? Or the Hebrews? Or the Sea Peoples? Or, hell, the Indo-Aryans?

Literally the only bronze-age case of large groups of foreigners entering a land and not raping and pillaging were the Medjay.
>>
File: 1441646669051.gif (93KB, 100x132px) Image search: [Google]
1441646669051.gif
93KB, 100x132px
>>70397425
>tfw you will never be a sea person trying to destroy civilisation
>>
>>70400751
A lot of the Asian migrants that came to Egypt adapted to local beliefs and in the major cities there was a clear synthesis of local and foreign customs.
>>
File: sea peoples.jpg (69KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sea peoples.jpg
69KB, 800x450px
>>70401056
>tfw you will never be a sea person trying to destroy civilisation

It's never too late.
>>
>>70397603

So you're a tourist?
>>
>>70403364
The ones that came from Egyptian [s]slaves[/s] vassals, like the Canaanite city-states under Egyptian control. And they weren't the ones that came in large numbers. The ones who did that (like, say, the Hyksos) were interested in raping and pillaging, and only "adapted to" local beliefs once they were finished conquering, in order to help them rule over their conquered peoples.

Anyway I thought general 4chan consensus was that multiculturalism is bad.
>>
>>70401056
I know that feel
>>
>>70397425
You forgot the absolute C O M F I E S T thing about the bronze age: relations between kings of different realms were thoroughtly cordial and even intimate. E.g. if an older king was to write to another, younger king, he would call him "son". Conversly, the younger one would refer to the older one as "father". They would discuss in amiety about how to make each other's realm prosper and, likewise, learn from each other's life teachings about kingly rule.
Truly the comfiest timeline.
>>
File: Neferetiabet_c.jpg (359KB, 775x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Neferetiabet_c.jpg
359KB, 775x1041px
>>70397425
>tfw you will never be the personal slave of an ancient Egyptian princess
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.