[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the American date system make no sense? I thought something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: LW8EOXP.jpg (19KB, 535x370px) Image search: [Google]
LW8EOXP.jpg
19KB, 535x370px
Why does the American date system make no sense?

I thought something was coming out at the start of next month and it turns out it's coming out in june because America
>>
>>
We solved this problem by using Roman numerals for months.
>>
>>70370280
I think our date information is set by increment size rather than how relevant the information is.

Idk, I use Celsius to monitor my pc temps because they look cooler than the really high Ferenheit readings.
>>
>>70370280
T bh i think it's because when we talk we usually just naturally say the month first?

>today's January 25th
As it's a bit quicker to saying
>it's the 25th of January today

They just write what they say
>>
>Japan
Date: Year, Month, Day
Address: Prefecture, City, Town, Block, Number
>>
As the best country, everything we do is, by default, the correct way to do it.
>>
>>70370280
Because we're kool
When Australia ever learns to be rad they'd know being a non-conformist is about the coolest thing ever.

What I'm trying to say is you're a nerd
I better not catch you in my line of sight.
>>
>>70372313
>US gallon defined as 231 cubic inches (3.785 l)
>>
>>70372292
Nice
>>
>>70372292
And block and number in Japanese adresses suck!
>>
>>70372387
So you are in favour of Italian vehicle builders, makeing certain parts only removable with a certain tool only aquirable at the company that build the viehicle...because established standards are way to uncool?
>>
>>70372538
I only buy American, my dude
Italy can do what they want.
Nobody is forcing you to buy their products
>>
>>70372538
Compared to German vehicle builders making "sealed-for-life" gearboxes that eventually catch fire because it's impossible to change the oil, that's a minor problem.
>>
Ayo, how's the Myanmar space program going? They went to the moon yet?
>>
>>70373555
I hear Myanmar doesn't really use it

It's just the "official" system

As for Liberia it was literally an American colony in Africa founded by Afro-Americans
>>
>>70372292
Chinese Confucian traditions.

The collective/larger unit is more important than the individual smaller sub-unit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.