[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about moving to the US, what are the chances of an aussie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: images (13).jpg (29KB, 323x455px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
29KB, 323x455px
Thinking about moving to the US, what are the chances of an aussie staying/living there?
>>
>>70368605
go to cali there are a lot of aussie expats there for some reason

i guess they like the surf

you can stay if you go thru the proper process

avoid big cities if possible
>>
>>70368605
Don't go to California
>>
>>70368605
if I want to buy some lands, have my own farm far from a big city, just to be able to live by myself, not rich
maybe in Oregon or some place that's not too cold

how much money would I need for starter?
>>
>>70368605
Australia is better why would you want to go the US?

Internet?
>>
>>70368605
What are you looking for?

Our system is pretty convoluted. I hope you have skills. I assume you like America's recent conservative resurgence? Stick to the red states.
>>
>>70368693
probably a couple hundred grand
>>
>>70368693
Oregon's job market is too tight for immigrants to make it, except for poor hispanic farm workers. Consider the midwest or appalachia. West coast states are TOO EXPENSIVE, but euros here keep going on and on about them.

>muh oregon trees
blue ridge mountains. look into them
>>
>>70368605
Pretty high, juse try to score a job before you move. Even though migrant labor in Australia and Kiwiland is European, doesn't mean that it's easy to land an unskilled labor job unless you speak Spanish.
>>
Just move to west virginia low taxes and cost of living,doesn't get to hot or too cold,beautiful nature,conservative, and with all of the ice fiends you should feel right at home.
>>
File: Hultstrand61.jpg (30KB, 460x331px) Image search: [Google]
Hultstrand61.jpg
30KB, 460x331px
>>70368693
I hate to say it, but you're about 120 years too late
>>
File: tony-martin.jpg (1MB, 3000x1989px) Image search: [Google]
tony-martin.jpg
1MB, 3000x1989px
I've got a semi related question, if I were to do a cross USA bike trek looking like this, would I get shot by rednecks?
>>
>>70368605
if I want to buy some lands, have my own farm far from a big city, just to be able to live by myself, not rich
maybe in Oregon or some place that's not too cold

how much money would I need for starter?
>>
>>70368760
This. I see so many people here looking for a "white, conservative" area, then fall for the west coast PR: literally the most sjw states in the nation.

Appalachia is beautiful, overcast just like oregon, actually affordable for these people interested in moving here, and are actively looking for more people (unlike the west coast which is telling people to fuck off)

>>70368816
violent rednecks are a meme and I live in rural PA. Unless you fuck with their pigeon shooting sessions they don't care especially if you're white. hillbillies are actually dangerous but they're rare and very hard to find

>>70368836
we already replied, read our advice or shoo
>>
>>70368836
sorry double post.
my internet connection sucks
>>
>>70368694
anywhere is better than your shithole
>>
>>70368861
I AM BEING MEAN. ALLOW ME TO BE MEAN
>>
>>70368693
not memeing south america should .be. great for that
>>
>>70368699
Would like to buy land or a house, not anything expensive. I've got enough skills/experience to get a reasonable job so I won't just be some foreign bludger living off others. I'm not too concerned where I live as long as I have my own place, would also like to travel and go /out/.
>>
>>70368816
No, but rolling coal is a certainty
https://youtu.be/KO9f8QK1lAw
>>
File: sunday traffic.jpg (621KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
sunday traffic.jpg
621KB, 1024x576px
>>70368841
Well that's nice to hear, although I did mean the actual proper rednecks from Louisiana, Alabama and so on.

Anyway, how big is hiking culture around your parts?
And by that I mean regular folks and families going for weekend hikes into the appalachians for example, not extremists doing the PCT.
>>
>>70368978
Most affordable regions of the country are the midwest and appalachia. The south is relatively cheap but a lot of people are moving into the coastal southern states (Carolinas, Georgia) which increases costs a bit, but they're still affordable.

The Northeast (sans Northern New England) and West Coast are the most expensive regions.

Nashville is a booming hip town with the young, Minnesota is also very nice and affordable, Pittsburgh is great, lots of cities in Ohio are underrated.

If you want some magical nature, consider living near the Blue Ridge Mountains. They're basically the Scottish highlands but warmer (they are part of the same range as the highlands but split millions of years ago).

Societal problems you will encounter in these cheaper regions are heroin abuse and older populations, which is negated if you live near cities
>>
>>70368978
>Would like to buy land or a house, not anything expensive.
The midwest is your best bet for cheap land while also having solid opportunities for employment. Most of the landscape in that region is flat and uninteresting if you like doing mountain stuff though
>>
>>70368693
You could get some land pretty cheap out in Wisconsin and Minnesota. The Western States would cost way too much money.
>>
>>70368816
You wouldn't want to do that unless you were part of a large group. Safety in numbers.
>>
>>70368999
infantile barbarism check'd
>>
>>70369040
Hiking is a pretty ubiquitous hobby. In this area, people don't really even talk about it or plan it out- they can just go outside and can start hiking in the immediate area

I see what you mean about the rednecks. Rednecks sort of vary around the country. Rednecks don't necessarily have to be poor, I have met many well-off rednecks who like trucks and guns and the confederate flag. When I say hillbillies I mean isolated people who probably don't have trucks or other technologies. they can get scared and angry if you trespass onto their abodes by accident

the friendliest people in america are people along the rivers of the midwest. like rednecks, but river-oriented
>>
>>70369064
>>70369068
Cheers, I wouldn't say I'm rich so finding cheap/affordable land would be the first thing I'd look for, other then that finding work shouldn't be too difficult.
>>
>>70369178
>like rednecks, but river-oriented

merbillies? :^)
>>
>>70369273
This it isn't rednecks you would worry about, it's hillbillies. You wouldn't go where they lived though. I've lived here for 26 years and never found any hillbillies.
>>
>>70369273
one of america's most iconic bands actually made a song about the river people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hid10EgMXE

Rednecks are rural or suburban people who like 'stereotypically' conservative things: trucks, guns, hunting, getting angry at libs, etc. Pretty okay people.

Hillbillies are the people in the woods who never leave their tiny little communities. They are well-hidden and do not want to be found.

>>70369271
Good luck. Jobs are more of a certainty in those areas
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/business/economy/in-iowa-jobs-are-plentiful-but-workers-are-not.html?_r=0
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.