[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /int/ I'm interested in moving to a Scandinavian country.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Hey /int/

I'm interested in moving to a Scandinavian country. I'm not to particular as to which one but Denmark would be cool.

Anyone have any idea or advice on how I can make this a happen.

Currently I'm a commercial diver (though I suspect no company there would hire me as such as hear Americans have a hard time internationally in that industry)

I'm in my late twenties

I can speak English, Polish, and a little French.
>>
you need to learn language to do anything in those countries even tho everyone speaks english
>>
If you're moving to Scandinavia don't chose the country with central Europe climate.
>>
File: 1435567499032.jpg (75KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1435567499032.jpg
75KB, 601x601px
>you will NEVER be danish
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>70363566

ok noted.

>>70363611

whats this central Europe climate you speak of? What is it, just clouds
>>
As a citizen from a country outside of the Nordic region, EU/EEA or Switzerland you need to have a residence and work permit before arriving in Denmark.

Residence and work permit
Before you arrive in Denmark, you need to fill out a form to apply for a residence and work permit for your stay. There are a number of different forms available depending on the reason and the length of your stay.

The application for a residence and work permit must be delivered in person to a Danish diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate general) since your biometric features (facial image and fingerprints) are recorded when you submit the application.

How to apply
How you apply for a residence and work permit, and on what conditions,depends on a series of factors such as your education, qualifications and the type of job you have been offered.

These factors determine whether you can apply via a series of schemes such as the Danish Pay Limit Scheme, Researcher scheme, the Green card scheme, self employment etc.

You can read more about the conditions and find all the application schemes for residence and work permits for you and your family on the website newtodenmark.dk.

CPR registration
As a citizen from a country outside of EU/EEA or Switzerland, you are obligated to register in the Civil Registration System (CPR) after you arrive, if you want to reside in Denmark for more than three months.
>>
You can register in the CPR system as soon as you have received your residence and work permit from Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration. Contact International Citizen Service or the citizen service centre (Borgerservice) at your local municipality. Remember to bring:

Residence and work permit
Marriage certificate if you are married
Birth certificates if you have children
Original passport or other valid travel document
Proof of address in Denmark (rental agreement or similar)
Health insurance card
When you are registered in the CPR, you must choose a doctor (general practitioner). You will receive a health insurance card with your Danish CPR number and your doctor’s name and address. The health insurance card gives you the right to healthcare services on the same terms as other citizens in Denmark.

Your children are covered by the health insurance scheme together with you until they reach the age of 15 and are insured independently of their parents.

You can find out more about the national health Insurance at Lifeindenmark.dk - Healthcare.

Tax registration
When you begin working, your employer must have access to the information from your tax card before you can receive your salary.

You must have a tax number even if you do not have a CPR number, for example if your stay in Denmark is less than six months or because you are not a resident in Denmark (commuter).

You can apply for tax number and tax card by completing tax form 04.063. Please note that you only need to get a tax number if you have not had one issued previously.

Read more about tax registration and how to apply at the Danish tax authority's homepage.
>>
>>70363545
We're literally full, m8. Look at our small country, there is no room left
>>
>>70363667
We haven't had a real winter since early 2000
>>
>>70363545
>I can speak English, Polish, and a little French.
explain yourself
>>
>>70363545
Why would you want to live in a Nordic country?! I nearly killed myself last year after failing to get employed abroad.
>>
>>70363545
>Denmark

Boring, flat and expensive.
>>
>>70363870
Racist
>>
>>70363990
Aren't we all?
>>
>>70363898
>>70363870

lmao

>>70363764
>>70363799

I'm wondering what works better in the circumstances of employment. To seek employment there via telephone calls prior to entering the country and filling out all other documents upon entry.

Or would I have better look arriving there and proceeding with all the paperwork as I try to obtain employment.
>>
>>70363965
this, literally the only thing they have is slightly more attractive girls
>>
>>70364044
>When you are travelling to Denmark with a U.S. Passport, a Tourist Visa is not required.
>No Visa required for a stay of up to 3 Months
Good luck finding a renter that rents for foreigners though.
>>
dont come here
us Scandinavians have learned to live like this but if you are from the US you are gonna kill yourself within a year

Depressing countries that you can only learn to love if you were born in them
>>
>>70363545
>Currently I'm a commercial diver (though I suspect no company there would hire me as such as hear Americans have a hard time internationally in that industry)
no, you won't find work because there is none with the price of oil where it's at, not because your american

t. sat
>>
>>70363545
>>70363870
>>70363898
>>70364020
>>70364136
Don't listen to them OP, denmark is facing a demographic catastrophy and need all the virile young immigrants it can get to sustain their hordes of pensioners. Move there as quick as you can. It's literally the best place on earth and one of the only countries in europe with job opportunities.
>>
>>70364082
check out South Florida

>>70364116

what is there a xenophobia or do they just hate renting to foreigners because they come, fail to get a job and have to break their lease early and skip the country? Is it just like this in Denmark or other places as well?

>>70364136
I don't man. Long Island, NY, and South Oregon are pretty lame.
>>
>>70364235

What about Salvage or Ships husbandry?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.