[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which 5 languages are most worth learning? My choices 1. Mandarin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

File: tumblr_nh7xgawA7L1rdkg0mo1_1280.jpg (68KB, 960x591px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh7xgawA7L1rdkg0mo1_1280.jpg
68KB, 960x591px
Which 5 languages are most worth learning?

My choices

1. Mandarin
2. Hindi
3. Spanish
4. Portuguese
5. Punjabi
>>
>>70352414
>No english

My list
>English
>Spanish
>German
>French
>Mandarin
>>
>>70352414
Why would anyone learn Hindi? English is the language of business in Pajeetland.
>>
>>70352414
>mandarin
>b-but china is MOST SPOKEN language in the world

newsflash, m8: there are a lot of fucking people in china, that's why lots of people speak it, you make it sound like they're gonna take over the world or something. By that logic I might as well start learning Russian.
>>
File: 1430163212539.jpg (46KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1430163212539.jpg
46KB, 720x540px
>>70352643

English is a given

>>70353094

It's the 3rd most spoken language in Canada after English and Mandarin

>>70353230

Chinese people are the majority ethnicity on earth. If a non-Chinese speaks mandarin, they treat you like GOD
>>
>>70352414
>English
>Spanish
>French
>Japanese
>Mandarin

Why Mandarin last? Yeah, they've got many people, but most of them aren't worth talking to, and you really don't want to be dealing with Chinese.
>>
>learning languages of poor people
No thanks.
>>
>>70352414
>English is a given
1.Spanish
2.Mandarin
3.German
4.French
5.Portuguese
>>
>>70352414
>that ugly ass baby

lmao, you can see the regret in his eyes
>>
File: GASWARNOW.gif (1MB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
GASWARNOW.gif
1MB, 298x300px
>>70353509

Your ancestors used to do just that
>>
>>70353230
Mandarin is learned by many people because money and business opportunities
>>
File: meme_1-750x500.jpg (106KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
meme_1-750x500.jpg
106KB, 750x500px
>>70353657

He looks very happy still today
>>
File: 1431827086222.jpg (37KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
1431827086222.jpg
37KB, 352x450px
>>70353387
>It's the 3rd most spoken language in Canada after English and Mandarin

Wrong. But even if that were remotely true, there is no practical reason to learn it because regardless of their mother tongue,Pajeets use English when conducting business.
>>
>>70353875
yeah, no forced smiles here :^)
>>
>>70352414
English
Esperanto
Mandarin
Hindi
Spanish
>>
>>70352414
1.Finnish
2.Guaraní
3.Swahili
4.Nahuatl
5.Irish
>>
>>70352414
I thought that was two men until I saw the baby
>>
Top Tier for Westerners NOT inc English

French/Spanish/German

(Depends on if you are an American in which case Spanish or if you are European in which case French or German)

-
These languages for westerners are objectively the most powerful in terms of usefulness versus difficulty. There is no debate here.
-

Others, smart choices. More difficult than the above

Russian - If you like Russian stuff sorta good.
Japanese - If you are a weeb or think Japan is cool
Italian - Nice place

Meme Choices

Mandarin - China meme and idiots who think language learning is based around "business worth"
Portuguese - Just move to Brazil idiot if you think its so cool

Idiotic Choices.

Arabic - don't need to explain
Hindi - people who think indians don't just speak english

TLDR, Objective power list

1-2) Spanish/French
3) Mandarin
4,5,6) Russian, German, Japanese
7) Portuguese
>>
File: XD.png (4KB, 528x404px) Image search: [Google]
XD.png
4KB, 528x404px
>>70354006
>Esperanto

Meme of all memes
>>
>Chinese
>Spanish
>Portuguese
>French
if you study some latin, the romance languages will make much more sense and might be considerably easier. on the other hand, french has the "most different" pronunciation of romance languages so keep that in mind
just like nowadays a lot refuse to speak english, back in the roman conquest a lot of them refused to speak correct latin and used gaellic sounds innit, thats how the french pronunciation was originated
>>
>>70353875
>tfw loving kween gf and a cute milk choco daughter
>>
>>70352414
Why would you learn Portuguese AND Spanish?

They are useful in the exact same circumstances, but there are more Spanish speakers and it is a simpler language to speak.

If you learn Portuguese you can pretty much half-ass a Spanish sentence.

The main reason to learn Portuguese would be to study our literature and poetry, which is frankly quite amazing and unnoticed.
>>
>>70358106
I've known Spanish from an early age (mom is from Peru) so picking up Portuguese was easy as fuck. Doesn't hurt to know both, especially if you want some Brazilian diaspora bunda here in the US
>>
>>70352414
>4. Portuguese
>thinking broken Spanish is worth learning
>>
File: samurai_next_to_sakura.png (552KB, 603x453px) Image search: [Google]
samurai_next_to_sakura.png
552KB, 603x453px
1. Finnish
2. Hungarian
3. Estonian
4. Mongolian
5. Turkish
>>
>>70352414
mandarin
jap
german
turkish
french

>spanish
fucking worthless skill, everyone learns spanish
>>
>>70358238
Keep in mind that a Finn would more likely learn Euro PT than Brazilian PT.

Which might actually be easier for them, a fair few phonemes are similar.3
>>
>>70354906
>back in the roman conquest a lot of them refused to speak correct latin and used gaellic sounds innit, thats how the french pronunciation was originated
Some differences between French and the other Romance languages (like ca>che) are due to the Franks, not the Gauls. But most are far more recent, such as the diphthongs (for example "roi" in 1100 still sounded like in Spanish, with /oi/ instead of /wa/) and the "throat R" (1800?).
>>
apparently indonesian is a very easy language to learn, there's 250 million of them
>>
>>70358333
Did the Estonians come off the stepp too?
>>
English
French
German
Japanese
Italian

Learning languages from other countries that are less friendly to whites is a bad move. It might cause you to believe you can travel there without getting raped to death.
>>
>>70354644
why german? I don't get (there are only 90mil native speakers)
>>
Is there any reason to learn Cantonese? I notice everyone chooses Mandarin for Chinese.
>>
They have some of the best engineers there
>>
>>70352414
If you already speak English the next language becomes more a matter of where do you want to travel extensively or live, as immersing yourself in that culture is pretty much the point.

Spanish would be the better choice for someone in the West as having the second largest number of ative speakers in the world, covering a large area and arguably being the second most useful in the US labor market which someone career minded would consider. French is close or about the same in terms of usefulness and after that German although very distant, and after that close or about the same Portuguese and Italian.

Why not Mandarin, Russian or Arabic? Only if you plan to live in those countries or are making a career out of dealing primarily with people from those cultures/regions.

If you plan to profit as an actual translator then it's about choosing a language that has demand and pays well, Japanese would be a good choice in that respect provided you[re also willing to learn the ettiquete and immerse in that culture, it's high investment tho so you need to be committed.
>>
I am Japanese who was born and raised in Japan but I am stupid, so I am not good at "Japanese".
>>
>>70352414

English
Mandarin or Japanese
German
French
Spanish or Portuguese
>>
Maori
Tamil
Judezmo
Khoemana
Tamazight
>>
English
German
Spanish
French
Portuguese
>>
>>70358285
You can say whatever you want about Portuguese-speaking countries being shit, but the Portuguese language is damn beautiful dude. E brigue comigo na vida real se discorda de mim.
>>
>>70359467
What do you mean?
>>
>>70352414
1. Memes
2. Mathematics
3. Huttese
4. JavaScript
5. Klingon
>>
>>70359043
Lots of good reads in German scientific/observations essays
Arthur Schopenhauer is an easy example

Why learn a language to read books when you can find translations? If you experience something in the original language you experience that movie/book or whatever in the original vision the author intended, also you can't translate cultural expressions, sayings or intonations
>>
>>70354072
Why Irish ? totally irrelevant
>>
1. Spanish (because it's easier for me to pick up)
2. Japanese (technical manuals / tourist guides in japan)
3. German (also technical manuals)
4. Mandarin (Business)
5.I guess I'll go for Italian, because Mario.
>>
>>70352414
1. English
2. Mandarin
3. Spanish
4. German
5. French
>>
>>70353398
Mandarin is more important than everything except English. Japanese is completely useless as is French, how do you justify them?
>>
>>70359043
It depends on your reason for learning said language. The german speaking world has a rich literary and philosophical tradition
>>
>>70352414
literally none outside of English, lads
>>
>>70352414
Spanish and Portuguese are the same mate, no need to put them both on the map.
>>
>1.German
My native language, i wish more people who come to this country would actually know it.
>2.English
Lingua franca
>3.Arabic
Can get you out of a pinch if a refugee is about to culturally enrich you, you can pretend to be one of them
>4.Russian
because fuck Am*rica
>5.Kikongo
to piss off Miller
>>
1. Spanish
2. Mandarin
3. Russian
4. Arabic
5. German/French/Portuguese
6. The ones you want to learn and which are not that popular worldwide like Italian, Swedish, wherever you plan to go
>>
>>70358238
CHI
>>
>>70366569
The Chinese live in a cultural bubble on the other side of the world. Unless you have business dealings with them or want to go there then Mandarin is useless. Even if China continues growing economically the West will still be Indo-European territory. There's too much cultural and historical inertia there for the chinks to make any impact for the time being.

I would go with Spanish before Mandarin.
>>
>Esperanto
why? nobody speaks it natively and only 1000 or less even bothered to learn it
>French
why? even if you learn it you'll just end up sounding like a retard and French faggots will simply scold you for committing the tiniest mistakes and they'll know your foreign simply cause you'll have that shitty accent for life
>Maori
an actual good choice, especially if you like the sea and being badass
>English
another meme language, not even the 2nd most spoken language natively
>Swedish
why? most cucks learn Finnish at school and that's the main language spoken in europe, rendering every other European language useless. which leads me to:
>Finnish
this right here is the only language you have to learn, a Finn can live his entire life traveling around the world without uttering a single non Finnish word, and yet most of them know at least 6 languages by the time they're 15 since they are so intellectual, they truly are the master race, also you can read and understand every single meme in this amazing language.
anyway, let's keep going
>german
this is not even a language, idk why people think German is a language, German is more of a subgenre of indie rock, alternative rock, and neo-psychedelia that emerged in the United Kingdom in the late 1980s. The style is typified by the blurring of component musical parts—typically significant guitar distortion, feedback, and obscured vocals—into indistinguishable mixture of sound.
>shoegaze
another useless fucking Europoor language, this one actually has 90 mil native speakers so it's kinda good for poetry and stuff but not much of value is added communication wise
>spanish
only good if your gonna order a lot of foreign food from places that speak it like India, or China. this is by far the most spoken language in the united States so it's very useful for speaking with people in the united States
>>
1. Maltese
2. Cherokee
3. Mycenaen Greek
4. Haitian Creole
5. Classical Nahuatl

prove me wrong
>>
if english is assumed

1 french
2 german
3 italian
4 nip
5 portugese
>>
>>70352414
English
Spanish
Mandarin
German
French

>>70353230
Mandarin is super useful if you're a Businessman.
>>
>>70354644
This guy gets it.
>>
>>70366770
Why learn German when all you Germans know english?
>>
>>70354644
americans have no reason to learn spanish
>>
>>70367936
We don't
>>
>>70352414
Romanian is one of the most if not the most beautiful language I've ever heard.
>>
It depends on what you want to achieve by learning a language. If you're interested in Basque culture and would like to live there some day, then Basque would be more useful for you than French or Spanish.
>>
spanish
arabic
mandarin
[gap]
french
german

speaking any of the top 3 (especially spanish) and fluent english is a very big advantage when applying for jobs in america, assuming you have another specialty of course
>>
File: 1484773475261.jpg (158KB, 499x675px) Image search: [Google]
1484773475261.jpg
158KB, 499x675px
>>70368146
If you want to travel to certain areas in the US there is a reason to. Otherwise even without a reason it would still be easier than French or German because of the closeness of Spanish speakers for most Americans.

Still the easiest language to learn is the one you actually want to learn in my opinion, difficulty only matters if there's two languages someone wants to learn equally, they should do the easier one first.
>>
File: hindi.png (72KB, 1186x532px) Image search: [Google]
hindi.png
72KB, 1186x532px
>>70353960
4th, whatever
>Pajeets use English when conducting business.
Only 12% of them speak it, same goes for Pakistan
>>
>>70354644

I really don't see how hindi is much more of a meme than the others really.

Indians don't speak English better than Italians, it still allows you to connect with a big part of the population that hasn't been educated enough to master English well. + you get to consume media in its original language which is a good incentive to learn any language.

If you shouldn't learn a language because the rather educated portion of the population speaks it then there would be no reason to learn any European language whatsoever except for French cause French people are retarded with languages, but I digress.
>>
>>70368768
Here's my personal advancement btw
>>
>>70368768
Yeah and the 12% that do are the only ones worth their poo.
>>
File: Languages.png (74KB, 1172x562px) Image search: [Google]
Languages.png
74KB, 1172x562px
>>70368959
>>
>>70368974
Being an expat doesn't imply you only deal with educated people on a regular basis though. Unless you enjoy washing your clothes with fabric softener for six months before realizing it's not detergent
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.